Goodbye Jesus

Godamner 40K+

Roz

IH keeps repeating this line:  "Beware of false teachers"

What makes him right and your version of christianity wrong?  Or is it that he's also wrong, and both of you picked the wrong version?  Are you a false teacher?  What about our own Tinpony Cameron?  Is he a false teacher as well?  He's not a dispensationalist, whereas other christians who lurk around here are.  He's not Pentecostal, but you might be.  He's not Catholic, but that would mean that over 1 billion people are false teachers. 

Yet he's so sure about his position, and Kirk Cameron is equally sure about his dispensationalist views, as you are about your own views. 

Now, think about your god.  You all claim that your faith is the true faith, and that false teachers aren't going to party with the big space daddy god you all love.  Think about how your god has over forty thousand major denominations and countless offshoots all claiming that they have the "truth."  It's at least a 1 out of 40k+ chance of making it, and all christendom is doing is fracturing more and more. 

And your big space daddy is watching it. 

Are you still OK with this?

Or could it be that it's all bullshit?  Think about the Muslims.  They just have 2 major factions.  Yet you think they just invented it all, that it's all made up, that's why they can't come to a consensus.  Think about how you view the other religions.  "They're all splintered, that's why they're not the true religion!"

This is what we ex-c's have come to realize about your own religion.  Soon as you take those god glasses off, you'll see it as well.

• Like 4

I have no idea why Jesus , who is the same yesterday, today and forever gives out a different message to each of the numerous denominations of Christianity. Same guy, 40,000 different messages. There must be 40,000 Jesuses. All I can figure. 

The spread and incredible variety of christian beliefs makes a lot of sense to me when you consider the fact that "God" is imaginary. Society is real. Brains are powerful. Children are impressionable. God is imaginary.

• Like 1

IH keeps repeating this line:  "Beware of false teachers"

I looked it up. Here was the only hit from the ESV:

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction." [2 Pet. 2:1]

A single use of the phrase in a single passage in one of the more overlooked parts of the NT uses the term "false teachers".

The term in Greek is "pseudodidaskalos".

Pseudo -- lying, deceitful, false (Often used as a stand in for the word "pretend" or "fake" in modern English) ie "YEC is pseudo-science."

Didaskalos -- This is a bit more in-depth. Definition taken from Strong's Concordance HERE.

•     a teacher (one who teaches, shares knowledge, and offers instruction)
  •     in the NT one who teaches concerning the things of God, and the duties of man
  •     one who is fitted to teach, or thinks himself so (If you think you are qualified, then you are!)
  •     the teachers of the Jewish religion (rabbis)
  •     of those who by their great power as teachers draw crowds around them i.e. John the Baptist, Jesus (cult leaders and televangelists)
  •     by preeminence used of Jesus by himself, as one who showed men the way of salvation (a prime example of a self-proclaimed yet divinely ordained "teacher")
  •     of the apostles, and of Paul (see directly above)
  •     of those who in the religious assemblies of the Christians, undertook the work of teaching, with the special assistance of the Holy Spirit (those who believe the delusion and get paid to share it with others)
  •    of false teachers among Christians (those among the fold who dare to go against the grain. those who don't share the holy delusion.)

Plainly speaking, "Didaskalos" meant "teacher". It could also mean "master". It was used in the NT to refer to Jesus on many occasions. -- Master (Jesus) (40x), in KJV translations.

---------

In the NT, the false teachers were those who taught different theologies than the one supposedly taught by Jesus. Essentially, this meant those that were opposed to the "official" version of Christianity (should be called Paulism, imho). Anyone who taught a doctrine that did not sync up with the teachings rantings in the NT was suspect and accused of being a liar (pseustes, same root as "pseudo", see above), .

Examples:

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies." [John 8:44, ESV] -- Equates lying with the devil, the father of all lies.

"But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word." [John 8:55, ESV] (If a believer denies Christ and the Word, then they are a liar.)

"Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son." [1 John 2:22, ESV] (If you deny that Jesus is the Messiah AND you deny the Father God, then you are the antichrist!)

The truth in question is the is the "truth" of Jesus. Anyone who teaches (speaks of, shares knowledge of, contradicts) the accepted Christian party line of Jesus being the Messiah and denies the existence of and divinity of Father God, is thereby a false teacher. That person is not teaching the "truth" as the believer would have it. And since they are believers, they must defend their faith.

"For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough." -- That pretty much describes the MO of most believers. They put up with the squabbles, the bullshit, their distant redneck cultist cousins fouling their name. They let asshats like Rick Warren, Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, and Bill Gothard speak for them. They let their "brothers and sisters" in Uganda kill one another and stone gays. How many of these True Believers™ speak out against Westboro Baptist when they decide to do stupid and disrespectful bullshit like picket the funerals of fallen soldiers? How many of these people argue in favor of teaching creationism in our schools?

Of course, many will come to their own defense by saying that "I wouldn't do that." or "My church is good to __________ and _________ and we would never do ____________ to ANYONE. Jesus is LOVE!"

The primary argument of many persons who used to be Christians is that you don't NEED God to be good. You don't NEED Jesus to do the right thing. You KNOW that creationism is bullshit. A large chunk of Christians don't believe in literal 6-day YEC, yet you remain silent when the topic comes up in discussion. WHY?

Jesus shouldn't have to tell you that it is wrong to picket the funeral of a dead soldier. Why is it so hard to speak up and voice your displeasure for these assholes? Do you agree that God hates fags? Then have the balls to say it and own it. Don't hide when you're called out for following along with false teachings.

"Indeed, I consider that I am not in the least inferior to these super-apostles. Even if I am unskilled in speaking, I am not so in knowledge; indeed, in every way we have made this plain to you in all things." [2 Cor. 11:5-6, ESV] <<<< This is what many of our crack apologists think of themselves. They are on par with the super-apostles. Even if they are unskilled in speaking/reading/writing/debate, they think that their knowledge is superior to all others. They think that they are speaking plain by distilling their commentary into pithy sayings, quotes, and shameful duck 'n dodge tactics and accusation hurling. Some are sincere, but many are mouthpieces for their respective faith establishments. Or straight up ass-trolls.

---------------

Why do they hang out on Ex-C forums?

"And why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do." [2 Cor. 11:11-12, ESV]

Because they "love" us! God knows they do. And they will continue to hang around, to pathetically attempt to undermine the claims of those who have left the fold and those who would argue otherwise against their Jesus.

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds." [2 Cor. 11:15, ESV]

For those who believe in Hell, the ex-c apostates are surely headed there. We are false apostles (sent forth with orders from our master zDuivel7.gif ). We are deceitful workmen (working to propagate lies about their precious Jesus.)

But one thing we aren't doing anymore is disguising ourselves as apostles of Christ. We left the fold because we could no longer lie to ourselves nor anyone else about continuing to believe in bullshit lies and fairy tales. If that is going to send us to Hell, so be it. It's not like Hell exists to most of us here at Ex-C anyway.

• Like 2