Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Going To Say To Jesus When You Meet Him

Castiel233

Your father created an eternal torture chamber. This is not something a good, holy or loving being would be capable of doing. You go along with it which is just as bad.

• Like 1

"Do you believe what people have written about you in what we call the New Testament?"

Did Mary Magdalene scream your name when you rode her like a bitch whipped donkey?

• Like 1

Am I the only one with a kind comment? He taught love and altruism so he does not deserve the hate. There are so many that taught lies about him.  I would tell him he's awesome and ask him what he thinks about the religion created in his name that gave him a super bad rep.

I was taught all about the loving and kind and wonderful jesus as well.  Was brought up through the church school ranks believing in my 'best friend' jesus. 

Remember this verse?  John 10:30 30 I and my Father are one.

Now, consider these verses:  1 Sam 15

This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

Read the whole of Lev 25, and compare how some housing property (city houses) can be bought permanently just like some classes of people (foreigners), while country houses and hebrew male slaves can only be bought for x number of years and must be freed at "Jubilee."

As a colored man, I found it absolutely nerve wrecking to read Lev. 25 and think about the happy hippy jesus I was raised to believe in.  It wasn't until I scrutinized my religion like I do other religions that it all made some damn sense.  I saw the evolution of judaism and the christian religion that evolved from its teachings. 

The true teachings of Jesus lie in the Gnostic gospels, if you read the gospels, you will see that Jesus taught selflessness and compassion, also taught to beware the liars who disguise themselves as sheep but are really wolves, the verse you read, is just one of the works created by the lying prophets. True friends of the Christ are not Christians, they are loving and kind people.  When Jesus taught he and his father are one, he meant that they are connected, in each others hearts, like saying my friends and I are one. It sucks to know that I'm almost the only one who has not turned to atheism instead of more answers.

Am I the only one with a kind comment? He taught love and altruism so he does not deserve the hate. There are so many that taught lies about him.  I would tell him he's awesome and ask him what he thinks about the religion created in his name that gave him a super bad rep.

How do you know which rumors about Jesus are true and which rumors about Jesus are false?  Yes I agree that there are so many that taught lies about Jesus.  Everybody and his uncle has used Jesus as a tool to further their own agenda.  But it sounds like you think somebody has not made up crap about Jesus.  How would you know if anything in the New Testament is true?

I do remember having my imaginary friend Jesus so I get how awesome that was.  He was perfection dreaming about perfection.  But then one day I realized that isn't very realistic.

The answer lies in universal consciousness,  and read the NT and Jesus taught that we are all neighbors and need to learn to love not hate, the real person we should all be angry at is Saint Paul, not Jesus.

When I was Christian, my Belief in Jesus was false, since none of us even read the bible even when we were Christian we fail to see what Jesus really said. I have not given up my search for truth and sunk into atheism, I do not believe that there is no such thing as higher reality.

How do you know which rumors about Jesus are true and which rumors about Jesus are false?  Yes I agree that there are so many that taught lies about Jesus.  Everybody and his uncle has used Jesus as a tool to further their own agenda.  But it sounds like you think somebody has not made up crap about Jesus.  How would you know if anything in the New Testament is true?

I do remember having my imaginary friend Jesus so I get how awesome that was.  He was perfection dreaming about perfection.  But then one day I realized that isn't very realistic.

The answer lies in universal consciousness,  and read the NT and Jesus taught that we are all neighbors and need to learn to love not hate, the real person we should all be angry at is Saint Paul, not Jesus.

When I was Christian, my Belief in Jesus was false, since none of us even read the bible even when we were Christian we fail to see what Jesus really said. I have not given up my search for truth and sunk into atheism, I do not believe that there is no such thing as higher reality.

It is unfortunate that you think atheism is giving up on searching for the truth.  In my experience atheism is the start of the search for truth.  I'm not angry at St. Paul either.  He was trying to have a better life than a tent maker.  Millions of con artists have done the same and if Paul had not then Rome would have use Mythraism instead allowing history to unfold much the same.

The trouble with reading the Bible for Jesus is that some New Testament writers had some evil and ignorant things to say.  It can do real harm when people believe it too much.  Even more so in our modern age.

• Like 1

Awww shit... I took too much LSD again. Hey Jesus, where is Buddha? I am sure now that you guys hang out together and drink beer and go to strip clubs, right? can I come?

What do you mean, when I meet him? I thought he was supposed to be here right now....? :-)

I hate to say it, but you probably are. blush.png Xtianity hasn't been kind to some of us here, and we were the "least" that they collectively shat on. Unfortunately that also meant enduring abuse of whatever kind at their hands. Not all of us were lucky enough to escape totally unscathed. Anyways, love and altruism are universal concepts based on social norms and mores, they existed long before xtianity was even a thought, and no one religion has the market cornered on it. 

Everyone within christendom thinks everyone else is lying, and that they've got the truth. With everyone claiming to be the be-all, end-all, they can't all be right. Frankly speaking, that bad reputation is earned, imo. 

I hate to say it, but you probably are. blush.png Xtianity hasn't been kind to some of us here, and we were the "least" that they collectively shat on. Unfortunately that also meant enduring abuse of whatever kind at their hands. Not all of us were lucky enough to escape totally unscathed. Anyways, love and altruism are universal concepts based on social norms and mores, they existed long before xtianity was even a thought, and no one religion has the market cornered on it. 

Everyone within christendom thinks everyone else is lying, and that they've got the truth. With everyone claiming to be the be-all, end-all, they can't all be right. Frankly speaking, that bad reputation is earned, imo. 

The true teachings of Jesus lie in the 50 lost gospels that were recently discovered.  The church was the one that twisted the teachings around and killed off anyone who dared challenge them, including Jesus.  Paul was the true founder of Christianity, and he was not a very nice man in the bible, he sought to usurp Jesus.  If Jesus were around today, he would be very disappointed in Christianity, but proud of the love based religions.

It is unfortunate that you think atheism is giving up on searching for the truth.  In my experience atheism is the start of the search for truth.  I'm not angry at St. Paul either.  He was trying to have a better life than a tent maker.  Millions of con artists have done the same and if Paul had not then Rome would have use Mythraism instead allowing history to unfold much the same.

The trouble with reading the Bible for Jesus is that some New Testament writers had some evil and ignorant things to say.  It can do real harm when people believe it too much.  Even more so in our modern age.

Paul taught the following

Misogyny

Homophobia

Original sin

Eternal damnation

Slavery

Hatred

Murder to one's enemies

God is love and hate

Racism

Salvation through faith alone

These are what define Christianity today and in the darker ages a long time ago.

Jesus taught the opposite out of all these. If St Paul never set his dark intentions around the globe, than we all would have been fools to leave Christianity behind because it would have been a love based religion.

How is atheism search for truth? Since science cannot explain everything, how can atheists expect to find the truth without internal experience? I thought atheism had already made up it's mind that there is no spiritual reality only the physical, and that death is not a shift in consciousness, but the end of existence, and eternal nothingness (Which is a fate worse than the dying process) similar to eternal misery that many Christians believe.

Broadly taking the gospel as it stands, Paul learnt his theology from Christ, albeit in vision form, if the stories be true

• Super Moderator

Fuck that. What's the bitch gonna say to ME?

Paul taught the following

Misogyny

Homophobia

Original sin

Eternal damnation

Slavery

Hatred

Murder to one's enemies

God is love and hate

Racism

Salvation through faith alone

These are what define Christianity today and in the darker ages a long time ago.

Jesus taught the opposite out of all these. If St Paul never set his dark intentions around the globe, than we all would have been fools to leave Christianity behind because it would have been a love based religion.

How is atheism search for truth? Since science cannot explain everything, how can atheists expect to find the truth without internal experience? I thought atheism had already made up it's mind that there is no spiritual reality only the physical, and that death is not a shift in consciousness, but the end of existence, and eternal nothingness (Which is a fate worse than the dying process) similar to eternal misery that many Christians believe.

I guess my other response didn't make it.  (Sorry if this winds up being a double post.)

I agree that Paul was a bad person.  However I am not angry at him.  The people he personally wronged died long ago.  Paul had little control over how his words would become and shape Christianity centuries later.  And if Paul had stayed a tent maker then Rome would have used some other writer from the era.

I'm not so sure Jesus taught anything at all.  The Gospel writers used Jesus to say many things, some of them ignorant or harmful.  And they are completely silent on many of the topics you mention.  Jesus of the gospels looks the other way at slavery, homophobia, racism and misogyny.  And that whole "The Son of Man will return any minute now so stop living your life to be a disciple" is very harmful.  Plus the Great Commission was used to conquer the world in the name of Jesus.  Millions died from it.  And there is that whole hate your family thing if you want to be a disciple.

Atheism doesn't have an agenda preventing it from reaching the truth.  You get to follow the evidence where ever it leads.  While it's true that science can't explain everything there is a good chance that if science can't find it then nothing we have can.  I do not fear death.  As Mark Twain so aptly put we were already dead for billions of years and it never bothered us at all.  Dying will be very unpleasant due to suffering but the thing that comes after is like dreamless sleep.  Much better than the Christian idea of eternal conscious torture.

I would remind him of my favorite bumper sticker I once saw (but cannot find for purchase, or I'd have one on my car): "Jesus, save me from your followers!"

• 2 weeks later...

I see why you never married. lol

I will never meet him unless he take a tour of hell. As an apostate, I have rejected him and that is the grave sin that prohibits me from being in his presence. That is, assuming that there is a Jesus to meet.

Perhaps if I did meet him, I would remain silent. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

Silence...perfect!

Hey JC, you still do miracles?  Cool, take that hole in your hand and put it in your fucking head asshole!

Well you get to meet and live with Him If you name is in the Book of Life.....I am guessing it is a very slim volume 

Crucifixion was too good for ya zDuivel7.gif

Why did you let Mel make that fucked up movie?

I would just ask why.

Can I screw Eve, too? After all, her SONS got to! I want a piece of that!

• Like 1

All those times I was talking to you, you could have answered atleast once, Dickhead!!!

• Like 2

Where is everyone?

1. “Where the fuck were you when I was pleading for direction?”
  2. “Have the bruises and broken bones Hitch gave you healed up yet?”
  3. “Gehenna? What were you thinking?”
  4. “Why didn’t you write this shit down while you were on Earth?”
  5. “Since most of my family will be spending eternity with you, please tell me there is more to heaven than kissing your dad’s ass for all eternity.”