Goodbye Jesus

Best Sites For Refuting Noah?

bfuddled

I'm in a convo on FB with a friend of a friend and I just asked if he believed in the LITERAL story of Noah, that it really happened.. he said this:

I do. Scientists generally agree the earth was covered in water at some point. Is there some problem with the story I don't know about?

I can google sites that refute the story, but I thought you guys might have some better resources before I do that.

• Super Moderator

It is likely that the planet was covered with water initially. That is, BEFORE there was any life or land on the surface. So you can throw out that "scientific" evidence for the Ark story.

As I'm prone to point out repeatedly (sorry) the person making the outrageous extraordinary claim needs to provide proof that it's true, it is incumbent on nobody to prove false every crackpot theory, assumption and piece of holy "revealed wisdom." Do not accept the ridiculous burden of proving unicorns and fairies don't exist.

I'm in a convo on FB with a friend of a friend and I just asked if he believed in the LITERAL story of Noah, that it really happened.. he said this:

I do. Scientists generally agree the earth was covered in water at some point. Is there some problem with the story I don't know about?

I can google sites that refute the story, but I thought you guys might have some better resources before I do that.

The earth was covered with water 4 billion years before humans existed. So the flood story can only be historically attested through an oral history passed down from bacteria.

• Like 1

The earth being covered with water, and the Noah's ark story have no correlation. I agree with florduh...it isn't our responsibility to prove a negative. No one can prove that anything transpired as is stated in the bible. Let alone this nonsense story. So, when I get into discussions like this with Christians, I ask...'why do you believe what you do?' Usually the answer is...'the Bible states it, and since I'm a believer...'' etc...

No self respecting human being can honestly say...''I believe in the literal story of Noah's Ark because it can logically be proven...and here's how...''

It can't be proven, so they believe, because they have been indoctrinated to believe...just like many of us were at one point.

• Like 1

How about showing him all the real boats humans have made which are bigger than Noah's Ark.  Starting about 100 years ago we have been able to build boats bigger than that.  Today some are several times bigger - as in a dozen arks would fit inside some of the super tankers we have built.  And yet none of the ships we build could hold a fraction of the millions of animals it would take or the food to feed them for over a year.

The ocean liner Queen Mary could feed 3000 people for a few weeks.

• Like 1

I did find this site and this site that have quite a bit of info refuting the flood story.. in case anyone cared.

I do agree with what you're all saying, though. :)

Google is your friend. Try 'documentary hypothesis,' 'flood myths in world literature,' and 'scientific method,' for starters.