Goodbye Jesus

*facepalm* Drank The Dang Kool-Aid!

Zephie

So....it's been a while since I've been on here. I want to say that at some point my account was deleted but that I had contacted a mod to get it reactivated and I don't know how long that's been. About a year-ish I guess. 

So I'm very much a product of where I live and the influences around me....and my bipolar disorder. Long story short, I broke up with my ex-druggie-boyfriend, moved home, and converted to Catholicism. After going through RCIA, which I thoroughly enjoyed, drank the wine, at the wafer, etc. I got sick from allergies and began to think. So I'm continuing this deconversion process. 

This time around, I'm much less angry about what happened with my dad (he lost his arm in an accident). I've also discovered some interesting things about my sexuality...mainly my attraction to women. So *facepalm* now I've got to go to mass or at least let my family believe I am since they are Baptists and figure out where to go now. That's about it. Nothing really exciting. I missed my Ex-C family. 

Hello, Zephie! I don't believe we have met on here before. I'm WaitingInfinity. I've been on here for a year now, so we must just have missed each other. :D

It seems like you've been on quite an adventure, making discoveries about yourself and having found some peace in some previously anger-inducting things. And now you're back to continue up the path of deconversion! Welcome back. laugh.png

• Like 1

I must have just missed you too. Don't sweat it. You can just go somewhere else during the time you'd normally go to mass, somewhere like the library if it's open, a restaurant, or the store. And if anyone from church asks, keep it short and simple. They don't need to know the whole story, and chances are they probably won't listen anyways. 

It's too bad there's no way to get yourself off their baptismal rolls and formally defect from the Catholic church anymore. Short of Islam and the fundy Protestant churches, I can't think of a more toxic environment for those who identify as LGBT! The good news is, you get to think for yourself now. If you decide that some kind of spirituality is worth a place in your life, then that's perfectly valid too. 

Good riddance to your ex. Onwards and upwards from here on out!

• Like 1

Hi Zephie

It is indeed a long time! glad to see you on the boards again!

• Like 1

Hey, Zephie, welcome back. Sounds like you've been on quite the journey so far. I'd be interested to hear where this discovery and deconversion process takes you, so stick around and share your adventures, struggles, and victories.

Hello and welcome.

I don't believe we've met previously...