Goodbye Jesus

Carm.org

Cianna200

I already shown many of you that horrible Christian hate and fear site called http://jesus-is-savior.com

Have any of you heard about http://carm.org/

Isn't most of the faith hate and fear

I already shown many of you that horrible Christian hate and fear site called http://jesus-is-savior.com

Yes.  Matt Slick in particular.

He authored this piece of highly selective spin... http://carm.org/atheism-and-the-multiverse

I can explain why this article shouldn't be trusted Cianna and why Slick is (to put it mildly) somewhat 'economical' with the science. But going there is kinda deep and requires some grounding in Cosmology.  So, can I simply ask you to trust me that Carm isn't anything much to worry about?

Thanks,

BAA

carm.org is one of the first places I go to to see the apologetic spin on any given question.  They're very skilled at taking a basic question and answering it in multiple paragraph/page form while deterring answering the actual question in the first few paragraphs, but instead laying the foundation and assumptions you have to make first.  It's really quite comical and a great example of how what you read isn't actually what it says unless it says what you want it to say.

• Like 1

I don't go visiting christian sites (don't need the aggravation), but I remember seeing a member of that site - name: Carico - who was often quoted on Fundies Say the Darndest Things (fstdt.net), where she'd often come to fight back. Also saw Carico frequently on Richard Dawkins old site, where she'd also come to make a fool of herself.

Haven't seen her recently. Maybe she's in Heaven, now. Or at least out of our misery.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. They really went all in about the NIV. But, truly, it is quite an accomplishment to pervert the already perverted.

Ahh CARM that site is a very far cry from the truth lol.

Love this

http://carm.org/apologetics/objections-and-answers/how-do-i-know-which-religion-right

This is a difficult question to answer because it involves discussing some principles that the person you are witnessing to may or may not agree with. For example, does he or she agree with you that truth is knowable, that God would attempt to communicate with His people, or that only one religion may be right? Usually, I start by acknowledging the difficulty of coming to an easy answer. However, I tell them that I do have an answer; I am sure it is the right one because it is an answer based on evidence. What kind of evidence? Prophecy and its fulfillment (see question # 34), Jesus and His miracles, the resurrection of Christ, etc. Then I ask that person if he or she knows of these things happening in other religions.(1) The answer is invariably, "No." Then I point out that they have only happened in Christianity. If any religion were true, Christianity fits the bill.

So they say that all other religions are false and because the Bible said Christianity is true its true.  Well I say I am God Almighty on 29-07-2014 does anyone believe me?  But I've written it down so surely by me saying I am God means its true.

Funny he ignores Judaisms view on this whole Jesus and Prophesy which debunks any of Jesus claims with the same Bible that he uses to back up the claims.

Even more funny is that the arguement he makes is that 'Does any other religion claim itself to self fulfill a prophecy'  Unfortunately most ignorant people will not have an answer but most people on this forum could obliterate this argument.

CARM.org is an interesting collection of religious nutters.

ive been posting on there for a number of years, currently enjoying another ban .....

even after all this time I am dumbfounded by the hate the christians on there have for anyone not like them.

Love this

http://carm.org/apologetics/objections-and-answers/how-do-i-know-which-religion-right

This is a difficult question to answer because it involves discussing some principles that the person you are witnessing to may or may not agree with. For example, does he or she agree with you that truth is knowable, that God would attempt to communicate with His people, or that only one religion may be right? Usually, I start by acknowledging the difficulty of coming to an easy answer. However, I tell them that I do have an answer; I am sure it is the right one because it is an answer based on evidence. What kind of evidence? Prophecy and its fulfillment (see question # 34), Jesus and His miracles, the resurrection of Christ, etc. Then I ask that person if he or she knows of these things happening in other religions.(1) The answer is invariably, "No." Then I point out that they have only happened in Christianity. If any religion were true, Christianity fits the bill.

So they say that all other religions are false and because the Bible said Christianity is true its true.  Well I say I am God Almighty on 29-07-2014 does anyone believe me?  But I've written it down so surely by me saying I am God means its true.

Funny he ignores Judaisms view on this whole Jesus and Prophesy which debunks any of Jesus claims with the same Bible that he uses to back up the claims.

Even more funny is that the arguement he makes is that 'Does any other religion claim itself to self fulfill a prophecy'  Unfortunately most ignorant people will not have an answer but most people on this forum could obliterate this argument.

Oh my, that is soooo laughable! Though I'm not well versed on other religions, it was the issue of "prophecy" that completely undermined Christianity for me. After some contradictions between the gospels made me start questioning, I took a closer look at the NT claims of fulfilled prophecy, which were supposed to be the greatest proofs of Christianity's truth. What I found upon close examination was that time after time after time the gospel writers took OT texts completely out of context in order to fabricate prophetic fulfillments! So many of the original OT verses were talking about something completely different from what the NT misused them for! The fact that NT authors invented their fulfilled prophecies through such an underhanded manner completely destroys their credibility.

• Like 1

ive been posting on there for a number of years, currently enjoying another ban .....

even after all this time I am dumbfounded by the hate the christians on there have for anyone not like them.

Their hate is a cover for, and comes from, their fear.

That is in interesting statement. Fear of what? Fear of being wrong? Fear of that which they do not understand?

I think that the hate simply comes from being told to hate, remember they are a group of people who don't question things. I think they are told to hate so they do "because god/the bible tells them to". Hate and judgement is easy when you feel that just by attending a ritual in a building, that you are good for all eternity. It's like those assholes that picket the funerals of soldiers or gay people. Most forms of Christianity have become nothing more than socially acceptable hate groups because it makes them feel empowered and righteous. In the same breath they say WWJD but do nothing like what their Jesus would actually do. 

I read their page on Christians murdering witches, "The Burning Times and Christianity." Of course, the say that was wrong.

But they justify God using the tribes of Israel to kill and do other violence to other people, in order to preserve the bloodline for Messiah to come through.

"During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after doing its duty in but a lazy and indolent way for 800 years, gathered up its halters, thumbscrews, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood. Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry."

~ MARK TWAIN

• Like 1

As you say, people are taught to hate.

This baffles me. As a Christian, I was always taught to love. Loving God first, others second and self last was stressed over and over again. Though I was taught to disagree with "unchristian acts," I was never, ever taught to hate anyone.

Are you saying that there are churches that literally do teach hatred, or are you referring to subtle implications?

There's a lot in the so-called Manual of Discipline, found among the Dead Sea Scrolls, that talks about hating - God hates those who don't keep the commandments that the sectarian author likes, the sons of light should hate the sons of darkness (i.e. those who don't keep all the commandments that the group likes ...) I think this mentality is close to the attitude of the author of Revelation. I don't know what influence, if any, the sectarian community of the Manual shared with early Christianity, but once you get piety and godliness defined by keeping commandments, then I think hatred of those who don't keep the commandments follows easily.

I dunno. I took a look around in their forums, and seems to me like there is enough disagreement and hate for EACH OTHER. There is, among themselves hair-splitting over what we know to be fairy tales. It's like not being able to come to a consensus as to whether the easter bunny is pink or brown. They're doing a fine job destroying themselves, imho.

• Like 1

As you say, people are taught to hate.

This baffles me. As a Christian, I was always taught to love. Loving God first, others second and self last was stressed over and over again. Though I was taught to disagree with "unchristian acts," I was never, ever taught to hate anyone.

Are you saying that there are churches that literally do teach hatred, or are you referring to subtle implications?

Several years ago when I was still inclined to listen to Christian radio stations, I heard one of those fundy bible teaching programs actually advocate that Christians should hate Muslims. The speaker literally said that we "should hate those people because God hates them." I phoned the radio station and expressed my shock and disgust about the program. The woman answering the phone at the station said that other listeners had called to complain.

That is pretty bad. At least there were several who complained. Good job playing your part!

Although the word "hate" may not be stated explicitly, the essence of what many churches teach is hatred. It is an extreme dislike, even loathing, toward those whom they regard as being a threat to their beliefs and values, and even to their way of life. The more volatile condition of society has caused people to become more anxious, fearful, suspicious, and prone to hatred.

I figured that this is more of what you were getting at, a basic implication rather than a direct teaching.

My background was pretty conservative, but they presented outsiders not as people to loathe, but rather as people to pity. It was still a view that outsiders were in the wrong, but we were taught to love them and share God's love and desire that they be saved, not despise them.

I had seen CARM before, but just recently connected it with Matt Slick and realized he's a Local to me! He's on the local radio every day 3-4. I've heard him mentioned a few times by Matt Dillahunty, but never realized who or where CARM was. I was watching some videos on youtube of him "debating" people locally. He's pretty much a big douchebag as far as I can tell.

I did find this article that was written by Matt Slick's daughter, Rachel. It's heartbreaking.