Goodbye Jesus

Wat Is Wrong About Not Waanting To Go To Church

Guest redneckgirl

Guest redneckgirl

ok im a christian but i don't go to church because all they do is talk about wat u should and shouldn't do and all that. i do wat i do and god still loves me and that is not going to change. wat do u all think?

Absolutely right.

If there is a god (which I doubt), why would he put a requirement that you'd have to attend a certain social event once a week to prove that you believe or not. Doesn't it sounds like a sort of god that requires sacrifice to be happy, rather than a "loving" god? And he requires this sacrifice to be happy, doesn't it means that he is not complete and not perfect? So why then pray to a non-perfect god???

Nothing. Even if I was still a Christian I wouldn't go to church.

Nothing. Even if I was still a Christian I wouldn't go to church.

Ditto that.

When I was Xian, I didn't go to Mass much during the last few years of it. I was slowly becoming a Deist, using my reason to determine the nature of God, and to me God judging my spiritual worth by the number of times I sit in a building made by men each weekend seemed illogical, and unkind at that.

Xianity, a church-based religion, is suitable only for those who live in bubbles. Those who have to live in the real world, with its surprising demands and unpredictability, find it hard to dote on every jot and tittle that Xianity demands. Most fall away from Xianity with this as the first crack in the foundation. No reasonable god would expect us to bend over backwards to dote on every little picky thing most Xian sects demand of us, nor would any kind and understanding god judge our worth or goodness by how often we waste an hour or more time in a man-made building each week.

Use your reason - whatever god made you gave that to you. Men, fallible and imperfect men, gave you religions and sects; which do you think would lead you more rightly?

ok im a christian but i don't go to church because all they do is talk about wat u should and shouldn't do and all that. i do wat i do and god still loves me and that is not going to change. wat do u all think?

Of course, do the wrong things and end up being tortured forever by fire...depending on your sect.

Welcome! :)

In the last few years of being a Christian, I felt the same way. I still do. Then I started becoming more liberal minded and open minded…which lead me here, an “ex” Christian.

I say, think for yourself because it is you who has to live your life, no one else can. It is you who has to deal with your emotions, thoughts and actions; therefore, it is you who should control your life, not a group of people in a church.

But as a Christian, you might find it hard not going to church. I didn’t go to church for the reason you stated, and a bit more, and it hurt some relationships. My Christian friends started hanging out with me less and a Christian guy that I was dating broke it off with me because I didn’t go to church.

So it can be hard but I wish you luck! You deserve the right to think for yourself. :grin:B)

Saxyroze, you're avatar is so damn funny that I have a hard time reading your posts! :HaHa: Where the heck is it from?

Saxyroze, you're avatar is so damn funny that I have a hard time reading your posts! :HaHa: Where the heck is it from?

OMG! I love that avatar too! I can't stop staring at it....

hey, redneck... don't feel bad for not going to church. It doesn't say to go to church in the Bible anyway. In fact, I think you would be better off if you never stepped foot in a church again (save funerals and weddings).

Sounds to me like you're making up your own religion. Have fun with that.

The reason why they require Christians to attend church is because without a constant supply of members giving their money in collections every Sunday, the pastors would be out of a job....and in some cases, a Rolls Royce. Plus hearing the same crap about you go to hell if you do such and such every week plants whatever they want you to believe deeper into your self concious.

There's nothing these preachers hate worse than someone taking charge of their own spiritual life as it means the ministers don't have power over them anymore. Oh, and that verse about forsaking assembly with one another? It never specifically said anything about meeting in a church building on Sunday (Sunday was not even the sabbath when this was supposedly written).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with not going to church. So many people these days view church like taking a multivitamin (they think it's good for you). But really, it's the life long conditioning that most of us are exposed to living in the West, especially America.

It's not only the money, but if Christians didn't go to church every Sunday and get their regular dose of brainwashing, they would start questioning the fairy tale and then the religion would die. It's because many people still view the church as a way to have a social life that the religion is still around.

The reason why they require Christians to attend church is because without a constant supply of members giving their money in collections every Sunday, the pastors would be out of a job....and in some cases, a Rolls Royce. Plus hearing the same crap about you go to hell if you do such and such every week plants whatever they want you to believe deeper into your self concious.

There's nothing these preachers hate worse than someone taking charge of their own spiritual life as it means the ministers don't have power over them anymore. Oh, and that verse about forsaking assembly with one another? It never specifically said anything about meeting in a church building on Sunday (Sunday was not even the sabbath when this was supposedly written).

Everyone says this, but in my experience, only a very select few preachers are actually con-artists in it for the money, desperate to keep capital coming. Egotistical, deluded delusions of grandeur are usually the motivation as far as I can tell...I'm tired of everyone acting like Christians are just greedy for money...if only that was the only problem

Oh, and that verse about forsaking assembly with one another? It never specifically said anything about meeting in a church building on Sunday (Sunday was not even the sabbath when this was supposedly written).

I was contemplating the exact same thing one minute ago, before I read your post.

I'm trying to remember (start to loose the Bible knowledge...) where it said you had to go to church. I do remember there was one verse by Paul, but can't remember where and what.

Compare this to how many times the NT say you should "love your neighbor" and "do to others..." etc, and the Christians adamantly go to Church (being a lesser command) while avoid doing the "loving" and "caring" part (a higher command). Talk about selective reading!

Everyone says this, but in my experience, only a very select few preachers are actually con-artists in it for the money, desperate to keep capital coming. Egotistical, deluded delusions of grandeur are usually the motivation as far as I can tell...I'm tired of everyone acting like Christians are just greedy for money...if only that was the only problem

But don't you agree that church is a business that requires capital just like any other? You have revenues (i.e. tithes, "love offerings", etc.) and you have expenses (rent/mortgage, church maintenance, utilities, pastor salaries, etc), and if your fixed costs exceed your revenues month after month for a sustained period, eventually the business will fail. IMO a big part of being a pastor is a sales job.... to get sales up you need more tithes, and more tithes means either squeezing more money out of the current flock by selling Jesus as much as they can, or bringing new people in to add to the flock to get sales up. If they don't do this, the church will fail, it's inevitable. Of course nobody calls a church a business (because that would be blasphemy), but that's what it is.... it operates no differently.

Even though I wouldn't say all of those guys are greedy con artists, the bottom line is the sole lifeblood of any church isn't god (lol), it's money. And they know it. If everyone worshipped in their own homes and stopped tithing, the church will die and these pastors would have to get a real job. Probably in sales since most of these guys have natural sales personalities anyways..... which I guess is why they do what they do in the first place :shrug:

There's nothing wrong, it's the socio-political masses who want to keep control over you that want you to conform to their institution.

If all they talk about in church is what you should and shouldn't do, then that's a pretty crappy church. Christian morality without Christian doctrine is... pointless.

Believing in God and believing in the teachings of one of the Christian sects are not the same thing at all. If you don't want don't go. I guess if God wants you to go He would let you know, right?

Believing in God and believing in the teachings of one of the Christian sects are not the same thing at all. If you don't want don't go. I guess if God wants you to go He would let you know, right?

Of course he will. He will torch you in Hell when you die, that's when you get to know what he really wanted... ain't that a smart Glob!

Guest Firehawk

The worst part about being associated with any religious body is that most of the people involved are hypocrites who act one way when they're around the group but are completely different when they're on their own or they think no one is watching...

And those that get ahead in the group are the ones that hide their hypocrisy better...

I got it off of a livejournal icon community. :grin:

Sounds to me like you're making up your own religion. Have fun with that.

Gotta agree with LloydDobler here, redneckgirl. Sounds like you are picking and choosing (why do we use that redundant expression?) which parts of the Bible to believe. According to the Bible, the Jesus you claim to believe in had some pretty clear ideas about which behaviors were acceptable and which were not. BibleJesus would disapprove of your attitude, big time.

Yeah, redneckgirl is picking and choosing her own religion - and that's the best thing she can do. It's the first step towards finding her own path to truth and leaving superstition behind.

That's true. Doubting part of it, even a tiny part, is the first step towards overcoming the brainwashing.

:lmao:

You come to an ex-christian site to ask about what's wrong with not going to church!?

Nothing of course.

Now, what are the consequences?