Goodbye Jesus

Prophetic Churches?

Idontevenknow99

Is anyone familiar with, or know someone who has been involved with churches that claim to have the gift of prophecy or prophetic pastor? 

Did they claim to hear a "prophetic word from god" that hit home for you? I didn't exactly have that happen to me, but this was the main characteristic of the church I used to attend. And I think what convinced me the most about god and church, or any other church similar to this, is that the person in power "knows" what sin is in someone's life, so they must be closer to god, and god is real.

I couldn't take anymore of this scary idea of someone telepathically knowing your life. I've shied away from talking about it to anyone inside (and outside of the church) because it was just something we all knew about. Yet people continue to stay despite knowing that this particular church got caught up in a scandal. Figures! 

Anyway, I don't know if anybody will relate, but it's nice to have someone to express my dislike and uneasiness for such eerie gifts of the spirit. 

Is anyone familiar with, or know someone who has been involved with churches that claim to have the gift of prophecy or prophetic pastor? 

Did they claim to hear a "prophetic word from god" that hit home for you? I didn't exactly have that happen to me, but this was the main characteristic of the church I used to attend. And I think what convinced me the most about god and church, or any other church similar to this, is that the person in power "knows" what sin is in someone's life, so they must be closer to god, and god is real.

I couldn't take anymore of this scary idea of someone telepathically knowing your life. I've shied away from talking about it to anyone inside (and outside of the church) because it was just something we all knew about. Yet people continue to stay despite knowing that this particular church got caught up in a scandal. Figures! 

Anyway, I don't know if anybody will relate, but it's nice to have someone to express my dislike and uneasiness for such eerie gifts of the spirit. 

Some christians feel god reads minds others say he can't... so if you side with the can'ts then how would just some tool bag preacher be able to?

he can read me? Well I can read him and all that lame shit he pulled on his taxes, and that 16 year old girl he touched, and the extra he always takes home from buffett. Seriously people like this need a taste of their own medicine. I can think of many ways that could go down and him deserving all of them.

if you can't read my mind on the spot word for word you are a fake and since I have never seen or heard of this in any factual way I say eat it to all those that think they propheticallty speak anything other than what they might have for dinner.