Goodbye Jesus

Worried Again

Kushne

Others will be along with detailed answers but until then all I can say is relax, you have nothing to worry about.

The author of Revelation was not concerned with writing about things that were going to happen 2000 years in the future.

Hi, Kushne, welcome to ExC.

The page you linked is typical Christian scare tactics from those who see so many things like the so-called mark of the beast in everything. The website referenced Jack Van Impe. I remember before the year 2000, Van Impe preached over and over that Y2K would herald the end with all the alleged computer failures which were sure to happen. Of course he was wrong and here we are in the year 2014 and the world has continued with no antichrist, no rapture, no one world religion, and no return of Jesus.

The mark of the beast referenced in Revelation has no application to our modern life. The number 666 was a reference to who the author of Revelation believed was the antichrist. That person was Nero who, in 64 and 65 a.d., persecuted Christians. The mark written about was symbolic of one's allegiance to the Roman Empire of the first century. It has absolutely no application to our modern world.

Hi Kushne, welcome to ex-c

Here are a couple of recent threads about biochips/mark of the best stuff.  You may find some helpful information in them.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/61739-new-bio-chip-mark-of-the-beast/?hl=beast#.U8zLMeOSxyQ

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/62127-barcodes-and-rfid/?hl=beast#entry943840

Friend sent this page to me. Very scared---- don't like the greek words meaning to pierce like a snake or puncture. Do I have to worry about biochips? I wasn't scared before, but now I am!

http://propheticseasons.wordpress.com/mark-the-beast-information-classroom/

I have said this before to others and I will say it again. If Christianity causes you mental suffering, stay away from it. right away. No websites, no discussions, nothing. In 2000 years believers have failed to prove Christianity. Now armed with the internet they are trying again.Muslim websites have "proof" of Islam, no doubt other religions do too. 

Do......Not...........Fall............For...........It

Jack Van Impe?

If this guy's buggin' you, you probably still have some deconverting to do.  Get a good book on critical thinking.  It will do you worlds of good. 

BTW, Van Impe is serious entertainment if you smoke a bowl before watching.  Belly laughs. 

• Like 2

Thanks for your replies.

I would like to stay away from these websites, but my Christian friends like to show me this kind of thing and then I get scared.

I had never really worried about microchips until this that I saw because it talks about six=stigma, and that means puncturing. And a snake bite means puncturing too.

I was told that Revelation was about Nero-- and I liked that, but my friends keep telling me I am wrong and that I need to get right with god. I am surrounded by Christianity and they are hard to ignore.

• Super Moderator
I am surrounded by Christianity and they are hard to ignore. 

In that case I'm just glad you're not surrounded by Skinheads.

my friends keep telling me I am wrong and that I need to get right with god. I am surrounded by Christianity and they are hard to ignore.

There will always be people ready to oppose you confident that you are misguided. This is a fact regardless of your position.

If you go with one brand of christianity that lovingly guides you, and then seek a respectful discussion with a different brand of it (say, jehovah's witnesses or pentecostalism), they will likely guide you to another direction with equal love. Let alone religions or world views based on entirely different stuff.

This does not require any malice on anyone's part. Just regular human hubris is enough.

I never did get why, in the 21st Century, we'd be marking people to keep track of them anyway. It's just a matter of practicality. I work with RFID and bar codes all the time. When a new shipment of stuff comes in at my work, it's got barcodes and RFID tags in everything. We check the invoice, and scan them into the computer database, adding our own bar codes, unique to each item. Why is this? Because one factory-made thingie is exactly like another, unless you put a tag or label on them to distinguish them and keep track of them.

Humans, on the other hand, are a completely different story. We already come with several unique-to-the-individual identifying features, and all you would have to do is make a database. It's not just common sense, it's what is already done in circumstances where you need to keep track of indivudal humans. There is no mark of the beast, because there's absolutely no need whatsoever for it. Humans are pretty darn good at recognizing each other, and we're getting computers to do it too. Hence photo IDs. There's computer databases for that. Depending on your job, you're probably in at least two of these databases, connected to your face, if you use a separate photo ID for work or school. Motorized vehicle licenses, and IDs like passports. So, any modern human will have lots of these.

Then there's fingerprints, which are also totally unique to the individual. Sheesh, my high school had a fingerprint scanner that worked the lock on the door. Even identical twins have different fingerprints. There's computer databases for that, too. Or, DNA, and there's databases for that, too, such as CODIS.

The bottom line is, why even bother putting any sort of mark on people, when you could just make a database of unique features that (so these nutbars believe) God Himself gave people? It makes no sense at all.

I always come across these sites looking for religious and occult jewelry. I swear, the people see would see the mark of the beast in their bowel movements and post a pic on it for all to see if they could. 

• Like 2

I would certainly agree that anything connected with Jack Van Impe is a joke.

Don't let Christian fear tactics do a number on your mind.

They know very well that people will get all anxious and worried if they press the right buttons.

The first few verses in Revelation state quite clearly that all the dire things were supposed to happen in that time.

Jesus has never come back and no sane person can claim 2,000 years isn't enough time for the promise to come true.

From another aspect, isn't it rather silly and absurd to think that "God" would punish people for trying to survive in a system that he set up and ultimately controls?

After all, isn't that a favorite Christian expression ..."God is in control".

Everyone knows god only presents himself thru grilled cheese portraits and finding car keys.

my friends keep telling me I am wrong and that I need to get right with god. I am surrounded by Christianity and they are hard to ignore.

Ask your friends to give you their money as the Bible tells them too........if they refuse, then they clearly do not want to be right with God

Everyone knows god only presents himself thru grilled cheese portraits and finding car keys.

He has yet to appear in my food AND i had to find my own car keys today : )

Thanks for your replies.

I would like to stay away from these websites, but my Christian friends like to show me this kind of thing and then I get scared.

I had never really worried about microchips until this that I saw because it talks about six=stigma, and that means puncturing. And a snake bite means puncturing too.

I was told that Revelation was about Nero-- and I liked that, but my friends keep telling me I am wrong and that I need to get right with god. I am surrounded by Christianity and they are hard to ignore.

One option might be to tell them you don't want to discuss Christianity with them anymore.  Another option might be to pretend you are a good, obedient non-doubting Christian, and then maybe they will get off your back.  I wish you luck!

Jack Van Impe

Sounds familiar. I think two of my facebook friends who I know from a forum like this one that was about leaving organized religion who used to post on the facebook page of that show...it was pretty fun because they just posted the stuff that makes fundies go nuts. And it was crazy how hating those people where...

I would say, if Christianity was true, there would not be such hating people who claim to be his followers. Christianity claims to be the religion of love. God is love it says in the bible. It also says that love drives out fear and that there is no fear in love. But that of course is not the message these people want. They need fear because their God does not work...and without fear they lose all reason to believe in him...cause he never shows up but who would admit that. Sad but true. They feed off it. And they want others to feed off it too. It makes them feel better because deep down they know you are right...and fear is the only thing that keeps them from admitting it. It scares them when people leave faith and are happy...

???? sorry that you are going through this Kushne. Your friend sounds like a turd.

I told my friend what you said--- but she said that the snakebite is proof that implants are the mark-- she keeps making me scared.

• Super Moderator

She doesn't act like much of a friend.

What snakebite? Who got bit, and where is this in the Bible? Relax, it's made-up bullshit.

I am trying but she says that because the word used in the bible means snakebite, that means the needle used in the implant is the same thing and that is what John meant. She also said that 6 means stigma--- and that means piercing. It might be dumb but it scares me.

Hi, Kushne,

Here is link to Revelation 13 with Strong's Concordance numbers for each word in the chapter.

http://www.godrules.net/library/kjvstrongs/kjvstrongsrev13.htm

All you have to do is to click on the number/link for Strong's Concordance for each word. In Revelation 13:16 the word "in" is Strong's number G1909. If you click on that link, here is what you'll find:

http://www.godrules.net/library/strongs2b/gre1909.htm

It is the Greek word "epi". As you will see, it means upon or on. There is nothing about snakes and all the rest. Upon or on obviously means on the surface and not under the skin. I see absolutely nothing about snakebites and all that other hogwash that that Christian is feeding you.

The word "mark" is Strong's number G5480 which is "caragma." Check out Strong's definition of that word:

http://www.godrules.net/library/strongs2b/gre5480.htm

It is a stamped or imprinted mark like mark branded upon horses. Again, note it has nothing to do with snakes or putting something under the skin.

Don't ever take a the word of a person with an end-times agenda when it comes to anything in the Bible. Always go to the source and check it out for yourself.

I hope this helps.

One more for you Kushne.

Look at the Strong's Concordance for 666. It is Strong's number G5516. Here is the definition:

http://www.godrules.net/library/strongs2b/gre5516.htm

They represent the equivalent English letters cxj. According to Strong's Concordance they are pronounced "Khee, xee, and stig'-ma." These are how these letters are pronounced and do not represent words per se.

You are worried about the third letter pronounced "stig'-ma". The closest equivalent is stigma, Strong's number G4742. Here is the definition of G4742:

http://www.godrules.net/library/strongs2b/gre4742.htm

Here is what it means:

1) a mark pricked in or branded upon the body. To ancient oriental usage, slaves and soldiers bore the name or the stamp of their master or commander branded or pricked (cut) into their bodies to indicate what master or general they belonged to, and there were even some devotee's who stamped themselves in this way with the token of their gods

At most it means that slaves were either branded or pricked or cut with this mark. In other words, it was a way to mark slaves through, among other ways, causing a scar on the slave which showed who owned them.

Taken together, here's what it means given the context of Revelation 13. Revelation was written in 64 or 65 CE at the time when Nero was persecuting Christians. What John was saying to the first century Christians is that if they show loyalty to Rome, they are essentially submitting themselves to slavery and will be metaphorically marked with some sort of branding like all slaves are marked.

There is no application to our modern day life. I promise you that John of Patmos had not any notion at all of something like a verichip or anything modern being placed under the skin. He lived in the first century and used figures of speech that persons who lived then would understand. The Christians of the first century certainly saw how slaves were marked and he was telling them that if they submit to Roman rule they, too, will be just like slaves.

Forget any worries about verichip or anything similar. It has no relevance to Revelation.

Sounds like you need to decide what's more important.

This friend or your mental and physical well being.