Goodbye Jesus

Bible Question

saxyroze

It’s been many many years since I seriously studied the bible so I vaguely remember this…

..but I remember reading somewhere about a preacher/apostle/disciple/whatever that married an unbeliever and used this as an example of God’s love…that even though she wasn’t a believer he still loved her just as God loves all unbelievers. I think that’s how it went. It’s all so fuzzy. Or maybe I made it up while being bored in a long-ass Sunday school class…. :glare:

It’s not really important. I just thought of it when I was having a discussion with someone but since I can’t really remember the source I couldn’t really bring it up. I tried finding it but the bible is too damn long and unorganized. But the whole thing got me curious.

Hmm.

Could be you are referring to Hosea, who married a prostitute (harlot) named Gomer. He loved her. And this was supposed to be a symbol of God's love for Israel, even though they were unfaithful to him, and sought after other gods.

1 Corinthians have something along this lines, but I am not sure if this is what you had in mind

7:12 To the rest I say – I, not the Lord – if a brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is happy to live with him, he should not divorce her. 7:13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is happy to live with her, she should not divorce him. 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified because of the wife, and the unbelieving wife because of her husband . Otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 7:15 But if the unbeliever wants a divorce, let it take place. In these circumstances the brother or sister is not bound. God has called you in peace. 7:16 For how do you know, wife, whether you will bring your husband to salvation? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will bring your wife to salvation?

This verse alone is proof that there will be millions of unsaved people in heaven - if you can believe such nonsense.

:shrug:

It’s not really important. I just thought of it when I was having a discussion with someone but since I can’t really remember the source I couldn’t really bring it up. I tried finding it but the bible is too damn long and unorganized. But the whole thing got me curious.

Moses married many times out his clan.

King David was a descendant of Moabite

He did personally or do you mean he oversaw marriages of his clan to women captured from other tribes or both?

Oops, I meant Solomon.

But yeah Moses did had a child out of wedlock(Ex. 2:21-22)

He did personally or do you mean he oversaw marriages of his clan to women captured from other tribes or both?

Oops, I meant Solomon.

But yeah Moses did had a child out of wedlock(Ex. 2:21-22)

Yeah, according to bible accounts Solomon had more than just wives, he had hundreds of concubines. What a deal, eh? Married to hundreds and having some sex slaves on the side, all condoned by the god you worship.

You know, I always wondered how Solomon could get anything done.

Yeah, according to bible accounts Solomon had more than just wives, he had hundreds of concubines.

And the other day I saw a program on TBN, where these woman were discussing how modern day woman can learn from Solomon's wife, "after all they must have devoted themselves to Solomon, so as to get his attention" :Wendywhatever:

Do you know of any other absurd preaching from the OT about how women should behave?

Hmm.

Could be you are referring to Hosea, who married a prostitute (harlot) named Gomer. He loved her. And this was supposed to be a symbol of God's love for Israel, even though they were unfaithful to him, and sought after other gods.

That most likely is what I was thinking about, thanks!