Goodbye Jesus

Women In The Ministry

bfuddled

I obviously know the position that Christianity puts women in, but I hadn't heard this particular reasoning for why women can't be in leadership in the church.

"Why should women not teach or have authority over men? Because “Adam was created first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived.” God created Adam first and then created Eve to be a “helper” for Adam. This order of creation has universal application in the family (Ephesians 5:22-33) and the church. The fact that Eve was deceived is also given as a reason for women not serving as pastors or having spiritual authority over men. This leads some to believe that women should not teach because they are more easily deceived. That concept is debatable, but if women are more easily deceived, why should they be allowed to teach children (who are easily deceived) and other women (who are supposedly more easily deceived)? That is not what the text says. Women are not to teach men or have spiritual authority over men because Eve was deceived. As a result, God has given men the primary teaching authority in the church."

http://www.gotquestions.org/women-pastors.html

So the reason that women can't be in leadership over a man is that she's a gullible idiot. Us women-folk need to keep to the raisin' of the babies and the cleanin' of the house and leave the thinking to the men. Wendytwitch.gif

I posted the quote along with a comment on my FB page and got................... nothing. No replies, just crickets.

Okay, let's see..... Adam was created first and so was the natural leader over Eve. Adam, however, failed miserably in his leadership role by allowing his charge, Eve, to succumb to the serpent's temptation. Worse yet, he, too, tasted of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil despite being told not to specifically and directly by God (unlike Eve who is never depicted as having been told by God). In other words, Adam was the major failure in the whole scenario.

Conclusion based on the Genesis scenario: men are terrible leaders and must never be placed in positions of authority.

Given that the Bible forbids women to speak, as it is shameful for them. I do not get why any woman would want to be a minister for a religion that sneers upon her gender 

• Super Moderator

There is no need to present logical arguments as to why women don't have a speaking role. The Bible said it, idiots believe it, that settles it. For them.

Wait a second...Eve was duped by the ultimate deceiver the serpent aka Satan. Once she had tasted the fruit she then went to Adam, who according to the OP, is way less gullible than Eve, a woman. So a gullible, subservient, helper convinces Adam to take a bite of the fruit he was told explicitly by God not to eat. Who's the gullible one here? Or maybe Adam was just thinking with his dick, and wanted some later that night?

EVE WAS FRAMED!

Amazing to think that in 2014, people still believe this tripe.