Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus Teach Unconditional Love?

zuker12

What do you think of this subject? One line of logic that invaded my mind is that if there is a hell, the strongest act of love would be to convince and twist others' thinking into the christian view, even torture (flagellate) them. Hell is mind-numbingly resentful and bad, it would be actually an act of love abusing others so that they come to your viewpoint.

Aside from that, how conditional is god's love? I view salvation as being hinged on constant repenting and trying to be perfect, aka according to God's standards. So, there are a lot of conditions to take into account. (Plus in some extimony I heard that Psalm 5:5 talks about God hating sinners... so he can't love all logically)

So, does God hate or does God love? Which does he do first?

No, he didn't teach unconditional love; his version of love had conditions and is/was precarious at best.  Even christians who've been saved for years struggle with the possibility of being rejected.  That's no kind of unconditional love.

Jesus was not much different than any other creepy cult leader.  His conditions for salvation became increasingly outlandish, with symbolic cannibalism being a required condition towards the end of his "ministry".  Somehow, you would think he would have mentioned that earlier on to all the people he was "saving" that might not have heard of this final condition and would have been shit out of luck.  

The church flogs the loving image of christ.  He loves you, he accepts you as you are.  

It's all good until you find out he basically hates everything about you.  If you want to follow him, you have to give up your evil self, crucify your personality, and conform to his image.  Whatever the hell that means.  

WWJD?  He would reject almost everyone and burn them forever in a neverending fire.

Jesus was a douche.

• Like 1

No, the love of Jesus is conditional upon works just like many other things in the bible.

The love of Jesus is conditional upon works.

If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. - John 15:10

Salvation is based on works.

We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. - 1 John 2:3-4

Getting your prayers answered is based on works. 

And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. -  1 John 3:22

But the bible never defines the minimum amount of works needed to get the love of Jesus, get salvation, or get your prayers answered so it's possible to live your whole life thinking you're a Christian but still go to hell in the end because you didn't measure up to the unspecified number of commandments to follow to be a Christian.

• Super Moderator

"For god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

That sounds like a condition to me.

• Super Moderator

No, the love of Jesus is conditional upon works just like many other things in the bible.

If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. - John 15:10

We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. - 1 John 2:3-4

And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. -  1 John 3:22

But the bible never defines the minimum amount of works needed to get the love of Jesus, get salvation, or get your prayers answered so it's possible to live your whole life thinking you're a Christian but still go to hell in the end because you didn't measure up to the unspecified number of commandments to follow to be a Christian.

So, why would anyone want to be a christian then?

So, why would anyone want to be a christian then?

Lol good question since real Christianity is basically slavery to Jesus in hope of avoiding hell.

So how do you market slavery?

I guess some people want to become Christians because they only hear the good parts about it like Jesus loving the whole world, the rapture, etc. and they ignore the verses I posted above.

Love the Lord Thy God with ALL your heart,,, blah blah blah blah,,,,

That is a condition, no?