Planting a garden

All this time

I spent loving You

When I could've been

Loving myself

• Like 5

Awesome. my sentiments exactly.

• Like 1

I was going to say "awesome" too, lol.  Will have to think of another word... excellent?  Fantastic?  I liked it.

• Like 1

All this time

Spent reading so many posts

When I could've spent it

Reading your excellent poem. ;)

Thanks, everyone! I wrote it last night after leaving the chat room. Guess after all this time, I'm still hung up on wasted time. :/

That's a good poem Dee!! Excellent. Could be used on a relationship also!! yellow.gif

Margee; Thanks, and yes, I agree. Unfortunately, I've wasted too much time, in general. :(

Human; You are too kind. You are right, but it was painful to think about all that. It's been a while now since I deconverted. I feel like I shouldn't still be hung up on this but I am. I can't seem to get past the fact that I can't get all this time back. I don't know what to do, anymore. :(

• Like 2

Margee; Thanks, and yes, I agree. Unfortunately, I've wasted too much time, in general. sad.png

Human; You are too kind. You are right, but it was painful to think about all that. It's been a while now since I deconverted. I feel like I shouldn't still be hung up on this but I am. I can't seem to get past the fact that I can't get all this time back. I don't know what to do, anymore. sad.png

You can't get time back sweetheart. You can only learn the hard lessons we have to learn as humans and move on. I did the very thing you are doing. I was angry about all the time I wasted on so many things that did not benefit me and that includes relationships. Do not waste one more minute wishing for the past to change. It's not going to happen. It is a waste of time my love. Start right now and go do something special for yourself.  Go write us another one of your wonderful poems!!  kiss.gif

“There is nothing else than now. There is neither yesterday, certainly, nor is there any tomorrow. How old must you be before you know that? There is only now, and if now is only two days, then two days is your life and everything in it will be in proportion. This is how you live a life in two days. And if you stop complaining and asking for what you never will get, you will have a good life. A good life is not measured by any biblical span.”

― Ernest HemingwayFor Whom the Bell Tolls

• Like 2

Margee; Thanks, and yes, I agree. Unfortunately, I've wasted too much time, in general. :(

Human; You are too kind. You are right, but it was painful to think about all that. It's been a while now since I deconverted. I feel like I shouldn't still be hung up on this but I am. I can't seem to get past the fact that I can't get all this time back. I don't know what to do, anymore. :(

You can't get time back sweetheart. You can only learn the hard lessons we have to learn as humans and move on. I did the very thing you are doing. I was angry about all the time I wasted on so many things that did not benefit me and that includes relationships. Do not waste one more minute wishing for the past to change. It's not going to happen. It is a waste of time my love. Start right now and go do something special for yourself. Go write us another one of your wonderful poems!! :kiss:

Thank you, Margee! You always say the right thing when I need to hear it. Yea, I'm wasting time thinking about all the time I've wasted. Rather dumb. :D

You have helped me more than you know. Hugs!

@ True Freedom...LOVE THAT quote -- one of my all time fave authors. Thanks for posting that for us all. :)

• Like 1

Rather dumb. biggrin.png

It's not dumb my darling...it's just what we silly humans do!! Do NOT waste one more precious moment beating yourself up about any of your past!!! You hear me??? woohoo.gif   go pick some flowers or something!! Hug

I struggle with depression and also waste time dwelling on regrets about decisions that I've made and things that I've missed out on because of religion.  Returning to a focus on the moment is helpful sometimes, though I am often unable to enjoy the moment or come up with much to look forward to.  *hugs you* ((Diedre)) and ((Margee))

• Like 2

I struggle with depression and also waste time dwelling on regrets about decisions that I've made and things that I've missed out on because of religion.  Returning to a focus on the moment is helpful sometimes, though I am often unable to enjoy the moment or come up with much to look forward to.  *hugs you* ((Diedre)) and ((Margee))

I totally understand. (((((True Freedom))))) kiss.gif

I've reached my positive quota for the day :(

I need to learn to enjoy the moment. I can't change past choices. Thank you so much. You are a special person.

:kiss: hugs

• Like 1

Rather dumb. :D

It's not dumb my darling...it's just what we silly humans do!! Do NOT waste one more precious moment beating yourself up about any of your past!!! You hear me??? :woohoo:   go pick some flowers or something!! Hug

Thank youuu for taking the time as you have Margee. I'm grateful for your advice and to know, we are not alone in this.

I wrote a haiku and posted it to celebrate the moment. ;)

Oddly, writing poetry helps.

• Like 1

I just got through (trying ) to sit through a 'discovery' where they tear you to sheds...because of my car accident. They bring up EVERYTHING from your past and use it against you. This asshole lawyer who couldn't give a flying fuck about me threw everything up at me from my past to win his case. It shell shocked me for 4 days..I had been completely depressed. Then I woke up this morning and said...''i'm done with my past''.

I'm not going back to that room (because I walked out within 2 hours and it was supposed to last for 6 hours). NOBODY is EVER going to do that to me again!! NOBODY. They can take their fucking money and shove it up their ass. Today, I choose to have fun on EX-c with all my wonderful friends and enjoy life!!

Keep writing your beautiful poems honey!!kiss.gif

Wow!  Sorry to hear that, (((((((Margee))))))).  Have some more hugs and kisses.3some.gif kiss.gif

• Like 1

I've reached my positive quota for the day sad.png

I need to learn to enjoy the moment. I can't change past choices. Thank you so much. You are a special person.

kiss.gif hugs

Thank you, Diedre.  You are special too. kiss.gif