Goodbye Jesus

Call Me...double A7 Not 007. (No Nice Athiests Allowed!)

1AcceptingAThiest1

Hi my name is Double A7 Short for my Username but you can call me whatever you like, just dont call me late for dinner, then we got problems. And yes I do talk to Girls Roz, luckily i can TALK better than i can TYPE. My recovering Dysfunction doesnt effect my speech so its all good.

Also some question my work, well to inform you

My Job allows us to be on the internet because it is an internet based company and as long as i do my job effectively then its a non issue what i do, as long as im not watching nechophiliacs and on christian afillaited websites and....oooh wait a sec. Oops. 

So.. lets Get right to it

1. Proof is different from persuaion, people have different criteria in which means they will ACCEPT there is 1000 different variations. you want me to accomadate that?

So the goal here is to Show me your methods teach me your ways. How to evalute, examine and show me how to think and not what to think. So this is your chance to teach, to speak with someone who is open.

not here to convert people, just making rational discourse, not here to start beef unless you got some mash potatoes and corn. Im just here to chat about probability and learn as a whole.

Here is an example of a case. A guy was pronounced Dead and after 45minutes he rose to life.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/health/Ohio-man-pronounced-dead-comes-back-to-life-after-45-minutes-220569961.html
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/08/22/anthony-yahle-comes-back-life-after-inspiring-words-son
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20728362,00.html

did not want to read article? for $1.40 billed to your credit card here is a snippet

Yahle's cardiologist said this case is beyond rare."In the last 20 years, I've never seen anybody who we have pronounced dead and actually the patient we saw with no activity once we stopped doing all our efforts and then for him to come back... I've never seen it," Dr. Raja Nazir said. "Actually, I've never heard of it."

So what does this mean? I know it doesnt mean God exists, but what DOES it mean?

This alone doesnt connect instantly to a God. Christians will say I don't know so must be GOD, athiest will say i dont know so must be science. Both are incorrect logic

Christians will say I don't know so must be GOD, athiest will say i dont know so must be science. -A1 sauce christian

Thumby's a genius compared to this guy...

• Like 1

God wants you to spell-check.

• Like 2

Looks to me like the doctors made a mistake.  Maybe the story is off.  Or maybe it was Baal working wonders.

Maybe if his head had been blown off and then it grew back after a vigorous prayer session it would be more remarkable.

Here's an interesting site:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

Here's scientific proof of reincarnation.  Do you believe it or not?

http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-proof.htm

I think this saying of Denis Diderot describes my mindset as a Christian:

"Oh Christians, you have two different ideas of good and evil, of truth and falsehood. You are thus either the most absurd of dogmatists or the most extreme of skeptics."

• Like 1

lol

• Like 1

1. Proof is different from persuaion, people have different criteria in which means they will ACCEPT there is 1000 different variations. you want me to accomadate that?

So the goal here is to Show me your methods teach me your ways. How to evalute, examine and show me how to think and not what to think. So this is your chance to teach, to speak with someone who is open.

not here to convert people, just making rational discourse, not here to start beef unless you got some mash potatoes and corn. Im just here to chat about probability and learn as a whole.

Christians! Does the quoted passage above fairly and accurately represent your God? Is this the sort of inane drivel that passes for rational discussion in your world? Do you, dear Christian lurkers, think that you could do better?

If so, please sign up and join us here on the forums. We may bite from time to time. However, all regular participants here on ex-c are up to date on our shots. We only ask three things of you.

One: Do not feed the trolls. If you are unsure of what a troll is, please read the ToS and Lion's Den rules prior to posting. If questions persist, PM a user with the term "Moderator" by their username. Trolls typically like low-hanging fruit, especially bananas and magical apples. They also like shiny objects, song lyrics, and starting threads about themselves on public forums.

Two: Do not be a troll. Despite what you may have been taught or have heard on the virtual streets, you CAN overcome an addiction to Christ-trolling. We have several members here who can aid you in beating said addiction. Some were once Christ-trolls themselves and now they are fully recovered. We don't praise The Lord for it, but we are grateful.

If you find the urge to engage in trollish habits, we will smack that bottle of troll juice right out of your hand. Some of us might slap you as well. Virtual slaps don't hurt, although they might sting your ego a bit. ;)

Three: We speak and write English here. Americans, Brits, New Zealanders, Aussies, South Africans, Scots, Irish, Canadians, we are a community here. Non-native English speakers are welcome as well. We do not give our community members grief for language issues as long as they show a willingness to engage in honest conversation and do their best to express themselves clearly.

However, if you are a lazy fuckwit who doesn't use spellcheck and has a poor or non-existent grip of the rules of English grammar and sentence structure, you will be ignored. Perhaps you will be mocked. Simply put, there is no excuse for such things. If you want to communicate an idea, express yourself in an intelligent manner. You may also try being polite and exercising some logic. Those last two things may be difficult. Even some ex-c's occasionally slip up.

I hope that some new Christians will join us in the Den.

~seven77

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Disclaimer: Opinions, arguments, responses, facts posted here are for the benefit of lurkers who should see what the mind of a believer looks like after indoctrination and suspension of critical thinking.

Yet none of the 1000 variations of proof given. Zero, Assuming the warm fuzzies in your gizzard don't count. We're all here 'cause there's nothing there proving god in any way.

• Super Moderator

Are there no local colleges around you that offer courses in Logic?  You might also look into courses in Basic English Grammar, while you're at it.

Otherwise, based on your posts so far, I doubt there's much we can teach you.

Here is an example of a case. A guy was pronounced Dead and after 45minutes he rose to life.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/health/Ohio-man-pronounced-dead-comes-back-to-life-after-45-minutes-220569961.html

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/08/22/anthony-yahle-comes-back-life-after-inspiring-words-son

did not want to read article? for $1.40 billed to your credit card here is a snippet

Yahle's cardiologist said this case is beyond rare."In the last 20 years, I've never seen anybody who we have pronounced dead and actually the patient we saw with no activity once we stopped doing all our efforts and then for him to come back... I've never seen it," Dr. Raja Nazir said. "Actually, I've never heard of it."

So what does this mean? I know it doesnt mean God exists, but what DOES it mean?

This alone doesnt connect instantly to a God. Christians will say I don't know so must be GOD, athiest will say i dont know so must be science. Both are incorrect logic

Which is more likely - that a doctor made a mistake or that the laws of physics were violated by magic?  And it isn't that rare.  India had hundreds of gurus who have claimed to either bring animals or people back to life or to have come back to life themselves.  Messiah claims are very common.  If you look around your city probably has a homeless person or a mental patient who claims to be either Jesus reincarnated or the son of God.  I say that without knowing what city you live in.  It really is that common.

The human brain is hard wired to bargain.  We want to bargain even when there is nobody there to bargain with.  It's a natural instinct for us like a dog howling.  So when nobody is there and nobody is in control we bargain with the nobody and ask for what is beyond our control.

You're wanting rational discourse, yet you by definition are entirely irrational for believing, and enslaving yourself to a genocidal maniac with zero evidence of it's existence. Faith is irrational, and illogical.

• Like 2

Ok...so lets try this again.

Give me a 3 step process of providing evidence Non-emprically

• Super Moderator

Ok...so lets try this again.

Give me a 3 step process of providing evidence Non-emprically

Okay.

1. I claim that a leprechaun lives in my clothes closet.

2. Said leprechaun becomes invisible whenever I open the closet door.

3. You can't prove it's not true, so therefore it is.

im trying to work you here, so i can present myself properly I pay all of you $5 an hour once my settlement comes in from the movie i made back in 1950

can any evidence be presented non emprically? to go from point A to point B.  come on help me out here

DoubleA's,

Wishing you all the best with your recovery from severe head trauma.

• Like 5

This might help you.

http://www.k12.com/

Roz is that something i can open at work? and whats with all this dancing around everyone is doing?? It should be easy for you guys to give me an example of how to present evidence to you right?

• Super Moderator
It should be easy for you guys to give me an example of how to present evidence to you right?

If you had evidence I'm sure you would present it. There's no trick to it. You have evidence or you have faith. There is no way to present faith or belief as evidence.

its curious that a god needs people to 'prove' his existence...

and so far none have been successful

• Like 1

Florduh What im asking is what type of evidence is accepted, im asking yall to give me an example on how to present non emperical evidence. or a 123 step process on how the conventional method of presentation.

Whats going on here i thought you guys like genuine inquiry, no all it seems everyone is playing patty cake

Hi my name is Double A7 Short for my Username but you can call me whatever you like, just dont call me late for dinner, then we got problems. And yes I do talk to Girls Roz, luckily i can TALK better than i can TYPE. My recovering Dysfunction doesnt effect my speech so its all good.

Also some question my work, well to inform you

My Job allows us to be on the internet because it is an internet based company and as long as i do my job effectively then its a non issue what i do, as long as im not watching nechophiliacs and on christian afillaited websites and....oooh wait a sec. Oops. 

I didnt deconvert because I didnt believe in God, I deconverted because I didnt want to feel guilty anymore for having normal human lustful thoughts, yet which are contrary to NT scripture. I was tired of apologizing to God for thoughts and behaviors that didnt harm anyone yet were 'sins.' So whether he exists or not, I have chosen to follow my own path. Of course the more time I spend here the more I head towards the atheist side but I enjoy some communing with the spirits whether they are real or not. I just dont like someone else to tell me how to think (or not to think) which was pretty much the summation of Christianity for me. So I've adopted some pagan ideas and lifestyle tidbits.

So whether or not Christian God is real is irrelevant to my lifestyle.

Ok make your sky daddy appear before me. No even better, have "god" heal instantly every one of those Ebola victims, every child with terminal illness/cancer, instantly provide lush food filled fields in places where children are starving every day, among some of the most simple, easy and just things for this supposed "god" can do in a instant. There is true genuine evidence of a "god", and a good and just one at that. I mean saving a child from a agonizing death is just and honorable. Your so called "god" can do it, so let's see this "god" put his money where his mouth is.