Goodbye Jesus

Rfid

Kushne

Kushne, if I said I had friends who were trying to scare me into becoming a Muslim, what would you think of those friends?  Would you think they had my best interests at heart or would you think they were trying to control me?  Should people try to control others or should people think for themselves and do their own research to find out what's true?  Should people be able to make their own decisions on things like whether or not they go to church?

• Like 1

Ex booster--- there is RFID ink and chipless RFID. I know-- my friends showed me. They put it in the ink. Somark is one company. They scared me. But I will look at the other threads.

I did like what you had to say Overcame Faith. I reread revelations and think like you that a lot of things have to happen before any kind of technology becomes the mark. I like teechnology but this kind is scary. Sometimes I wish I lived before computers existed.

Ex booster--- there is RFID ink and chipless RFID. I know-- my friends showed me. They put it in the ink. Somark is one company. They scared me. But I will look at the other threads.

I did like what you had to say Overcame Faith. I reread revelations and think like you that a lot of things have to happen before any kind of technology becomes the mark. I like teechnology but this kind is scary. Sometimes I wish I lived before computers existed.

I wouldn't like it either if the government started chipping people, but it would have nothing to do with Revelations.  The problem with Revelations, besides the obvious fact that it's just made up nonsense, is that you're not interpreting it as it stands, but you are reading it with modern day xian goggles when you assume chips, or something like them were predicted.  When someone tells you how to read a passage, you are no longer reading it objectively, but reading it through the subjection they have led you to.  This is why there are over 30k xian denominations and why no one can agree on this book.

In any case, if you spend some time honing up on your critical thinking skills, none of this stuff will bother you anymore.  My advice would be to forget about all this stuff your friends are telling you and work on developing your bullshit detection skills.  It will do you a world of good and give you a great deal of relief from the many intellectual pitfalls that are out there. 

I am still scared of things because my friend keeps showing me things on the internet about the end times. She said that we might all have to get RFID tattoos to prove who we are. Is this true? Will we have to get them on our hands and foreheads? She showed me a site where a company (Somark) makes this kind of stuff and even said it could go on humans. I think there are other companies that are doing this too. I made me really scared.

I know at least 10 people personally that have enough guns to arm a city. No joke. One family I know has at least 1500 guns in their basement. They are collectors but they do all work.

they would kill every last person that came to try and tag them. they are not alone and personally I would rather revolt than let anyone tag my ass. I am a pacifist but for this I would fight like a badger.

Don't worry to much about it if you are in America there are enough armed idealists who would never let their person be infringed like this to the point of starting a civil war if they had to.

Lol, there would be no civil war.  A personal arsenal is nothing compared to what the government has.  1500 guns can't do shit against tanks and missiles, helicopters, jets, etc.  It would just be another Waco.  Standing up to the government is nothing more than a militia mans wet dream...

If the government wants to do something, it will be done.  People will die, but the government will still get its way...

and all those people flying and shooting them have families and loved ones they would be fighting. You can draw your own opinion but mine is they would not.

Waco was an isolated incident. if this was nation wide and being forced on people believe me there would be chaos.

You are right people will die and in the end no one will get their way. You under estimate many of your countrymen if you are an American in your opinion. I respectfully disagree and it would be a mess for us all.

This won't be happening any time that I can see so thankfully we shouldn't have to find out any time soon.

In the end if I was into using hope I would hope you are right and I am wrong.

Guest Marty

I don't doubt people would fight it, I just don't think it would be large enough to call it a "war".  The majority of Americans are not gun owners, and it is a minority of gun owners that own arsenals.

I must admit at first I thought your post was a BO type "no one is gong to chip me unless you git past me and my gunz" statement, but I see now thats not what you really meant.

I don't think chipping people is necessary, really.  Give them smart phones and free games that mine the device for personal data and people will willingly give up their information.

I tried to look up to see if the government was putting chips in soldiers but couldn't find anything specific. On one Christian site it said that the government was putting chips above the eyebrow and in the right hand of soldiers so that if their head got cut off they could still identify them--- that seemed a little weird to me. I think they said over the eyebrow just to make it in the forehead. Isn't your forehead too bony? The enemy could just slice the chip out. Wouldn't the chip pop out under your skin? I would also think the hand might not be so good because they could just cut off your hands and you couldn't be identified. Do you think this site was lying about this?

Of course they made up their bullshit so that it fits da wholly babble as well as possible. Remember, morontheists take a shit on truth and facts every day.

When I read about crap like that I'm constantly reminded of the bullshit claims back in the 2nd Iraq war. Remember how among morontheists there was a thing making the rounds that, supposedly, sura 9 verse 11 (yup 911) of the koran says something about a mighty holy eagle cleansing the land of the prophet from all evil?

Would have just been toooooooo good to be true no?

And indeed it was.

What does that verse really say, as everyone who ain't a totally lazy dumbfuck can prove within seconds in this internet age?

But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.

Gee morontheists lied. Who'd have thought it? :lmao:

Guest Marty

...On one Christian site ...

There's your first problem

Do you think this site was lying about this?

Yes.  See above.

Never trust a christian site for any kind of truth.  You will only get "information" that will conform to their christian biases.

Guest Marty

Of course they made up their bullshit so that it fits da wholly babble as well as possible. Remember, morontheists take a shit on truth and facts every day.

When I read about crap like that I'm constantly reminded of the bullshit claims back in the 2nd Iraq war. Remember how among morontheists there was a thing making the rounds that, supposedly, sura 9 verse 11 (yup 911) of the koran says something about a mighty holy eagle cleansing the land of the prophet from all evil?

Would have just been toooooooo good to be true no?

And indeed it was.

What does that verse really say, as everyone who ain't a totally lazy dumbfuck can prove within seconds in this internet age?

But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.

Gee morontheists lied. Who'd have thought it? lmao_99.gif

My dad sent this to me and I hit "reply all" and sent the correct verse to everybody he sent it to.  He was mad but I stuck to my guns.  If you're going to include me in misinformation emails, you can be sure I will send a correction to everyone on the list.  

We don't email each other anymore still...

Guest Marty

I don't doubt people would fight it, I just don't think it would be large enough to call it a "war".  The majority of Americans are not gun owners, and it is a minority of gun owners that own arsenals.

I must admit at first I thought your post was a BO type "no one is gong to chip me unless you git past me and my gunz" statement, but I see now thats not what you really meant.

I don't think chipping people is necessary, really.  Give them smart phones and free games that mine the device for personal data and people will willingly give up their information.

Awwww....that's cute...Now I'm Marty's boogie man.  I must really bug you.  You cannot handle somebody who has a different opinion than you.  But then again using ridicule and derision is common from someone too afraid to stay and have it out. 

Lol.

I tried to look up to see if the government was putting chips in soldiers but couldn't find anything specific. On one Christian site it said that the government was putting chips above the eyebrow and in the right hand of soldiers so that if their head got cut off they could still identify them--- that seemed a little weird to me. I think they said over the eyebrow just to make it in the forehead. Isn't your forehead too bony? The enemy could just slice the chip out. Wouldn't the chip pop out under your skin? I would also think the hand might not be so good because they could just cut off your hands and you couldn't be identified. Do you think this site was lying about this?

Yes I think the site was lying.  And I think your critical thinking skills are improving, keep up the good work.

It might be a good idea for you to copy and paste the address of these websites you read into this thread, and that way we can help you learn how to tell whether or not they are lying.  You are getting there.  Keep questioning things.

Before RFIDs were even out there, loudmouth christians were claiming it was the barcodes that were the mark of the beast.  Well, if that were true, then we are several decades into the tribulation now and life has never been better, really.  Of course, it was all scare tactics back then and nothing more.  Same goes for the fearmongering of today.  The best way for religion to gain converts is to scare naive people into submission.  

All the RFID hype about being forced to take the mark doesn't really follow the book of Revelation anyway.  There isn't supposed to be any forcing of the mark.  People take it because they worship the antichrist and give him their lives.  They don't do it against their will, as far as I remember.  So your friends are scaring you about things that aren't even predicted in the bible.

Your friends should stop drinking koolaid together.

• Like 1

koolaid.png

Before RFIDs were even out there, loudmouth christians were claiming it was the barcodes that were the mark of the beast.  Well, if that were true, then we are several decades into the tribulation now and life has never been better, really. [...]

One can't stress that enough!

Morontheists have always had some then-current thing to point at as The Mark™. That alone shows that the entire idea is crap.

I suggest you read the following 2 books asap.

Why People Believe Weird Things by Michael Shermer

Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan

• Like 1

Oh goodness…. the exact same rumours were going around in the seventies when I was all freaked out about the end times. Over 30 years ago. Completely stressed me out.

Thanks Hal...

Nothing happened though.. still here, still no tattoos or chips, whatever. Back then it was the USSR that was the bugbear, Gog and Magog or some such nonsense. They just keep changing the 'prophecy' to fit with modern news...

fyi: The JW's have had to retract or otherwise revise their end times scenarios several times since the 1800's. José had a great thread about the end times throughout history here somewhere.

...They just keep changing the 'prophecy' to fit with modern news...

THIS! 3.gif

There's another book that just came to mind called Naming the Antichrist, The History of an American Obsession.

The author references sermons and church flyers from the 1930's warning about the labor unions and the union label being the mark of the beast.

Apocalypticism has been around for 1000's of years with each generation thinking they were living in the end times.

The one thing all of these religions have in common is a 100% failure rate.

Educate yourself, it's the best way to combat fears.

chips to identify soldier's bodies? That's just silly. They use DNA and databases. Problem solved.

Again, why bother, when we have fingerprints, and DNA.

Besides, it's totally possible to get killed, in such a way as certain parts aren't recoverable at all. It's not like landmines are polite enough to leave the eyebrows intact... DNA, however, is perfectly feasible to use to identify someone, even when all you have is nubbins of ludicrous gibs, or a single molar.

heck, it even works if you've been dead for almost a century...

There's just no reason whatsoever to go to the trouble of chipping people or whatever else like that.

• Like 1

Ok--- so if tomorrow I have to get a chip or tattoo to jogger a job or use as ID, even if it was in my right hand or my forehead, as long as there is nobody that I have to worship as a god, I am ok?

Ok--- so if tomorrow I have to get a chip or tattoo to jogger a job or use as ID, even if it was in my right hand or my forehead, as long as there is nobody that I have to worship as a god, I am ok?

The thing is, Kushne, that none of it is true. Even if we were all required by law to receive a RFID device in our right hand or our foreheads, it would have absolutely nothing to do with end times. All of that in Revelation chapter 13 has to do with Nero and not our modern times. The issue is not an end times issue but a civil rights issue.

But if we were to assume solely for the sake of this discussion that we were required to have a RFID as you describe, it couldn't even be argued that it was related to Revelation because, according to the interpretation of the end timers it must be accompanied with a mandate to worship someone as a god.

Besides, aren't there supposed to be a number of other quite umistakable signs mentioned in da babble before "ZOMFG It's The Sign™!!!!"? I admit I haven't dealt with this particular piece of jebus taliban insanity for quite some time but my memory is insisting on some phenomena being on the list before the chipping, or tattooing, or whatever form you think The Sign™ will take... phenomena that none of us could possibly have missed. And they remain suspiciously absent wink.png