Goodbye Jesus

Such Lovely Xtians...not

SilentLoner

So long story short, my mother is trying to sell off an old family property in El Salvador, and found a buyer. My godmother (catholic) and a friend of my mother's (super fundie catholic) who still live there, are helping sell the place.

Thing is, for several years there's been a family who act as caretakers and live in a small house on the property. I don't even know how many years, but its been a long time. Buyer wants them out. Like, overnight out on the street with no regard for their wellbeing. My mother wanted to put in a clause for the new owners to keep them on for six months to see if it worked out with them as caretakers or at least give them time to find a new place. But buyer disagreed, so my mom refused to sign the contract.

So friend and godmother are seething. My mom says in good conscience she can't throw them out on the street - the family is extremely poor and unlikely have a place to go. She appealed to their faith (which they always blabber about) but they basically shrugged it off as "who cares? Not our problem."

And they wonder why I got disgusted with religion and left it.

There's a William Burroughs quote that comes to mind: "Never do business with a religious sonofabitch. You don't stand a chance when the good Lord himself told him how to fuck you on the deal."

Get ur mum to sell the land to the tennants

Get ur mum to sell the land to the tennants

They could never afford it, unfortunately.

Wow. How could it possibly hurt the person who wants to buy the place to have the family living there?

i used to deal with property,,,, property encumbered lowers the value of the property,,,,

and property is a huge investment,,,,,

to me religion vs $$$$,,,,, $$$$ wins hands down