Goodbye Jesus

Which Is More Amazing?

seeker

A God that loves and forgives all beings no matter if you believe in IT or not? Or a God who loves and forgives ONLY if you profess to love IT and worship IT and tortures you forever if you do not? Which one sounds like "the bigger man" so to speak and which one sounds like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum?

(Not sure I posted in the right place)

I would have to choose the former. The latter sounds more like small minds to me.

The thought just hit me out of nowhere this morning. Odd. But I mean really, if Christians want to get all lovey dovey over Jesus and his message well..Ive got a better MORE amazing God. Doesn't matter what you beleive, or how "BAD" you are, you don't have to DO anything to please this God. That is TRUE forgiveness. Not some asshole who demands respect, and tortures its own creations because they couldn't see his invisible self...bunch of bullshit.

i say this one makes more sense. if god created us it created us the way it wanted us.

throwing something you created in hell just dont makes sense to me.

A God that loves and forgives all beings no matter if you believe in IT or not?

The thought just hit me out of nowhere this morning. Odd. But I mean really, if Christians want to get all lovey dovey over Jesus and his message well..Ive got a better MORE amazing God. Doesn't matter what you beleive, or how "BAD" you are, you don't have to DO anything to please this God. That is TRUE forgiveness. Not some asshole who demands respect, and tortures its own creations because they couldn't see his invisible self...bunch of bullshit.

Indeed. But, if this element is removed, their sense of justice, punishment and reward disappear and they are left with everyone being just as deserving as the next person. We couldn't have that! :HaHa:

i say this one makes more sense. if god created us it created us the way it wanted us.

throwing something you created in hell just dont makes sense to me.

A God that loves and forgives all beings no matter if you believe in IT or not?

I agree 100%. I was just trying to fight their own bullshit with more bullshit I guess you could say.

Hi again Seeker!

I have to agree, a God that can't move above such small things as to punish what be believe or not, is a very small god indeed.

A few days ago I had a thought if a car manufacturer would behave like the Bible god.

Imagine that the cars that are a bit faulty or doesn't match up to what the QA department requirements, would not be taken a part and used the spared parts, nor thrown away, but that they would take that car to a special room where a whole bunch of employees would spend their whole time, day and night, hammering the car with sledge hammers. Wouldn't that be a stupid thing to do? Wouldn't it be a waste of energy, money and manpower? And it wasn't the car's fault that it wasn't put together according to the standards, but most likely one or more employees, or maybe the process was faulty, or the raw material! Who could blame the car for being different, and then go to the lengths of "punishing" it? That's not justice, but pure idiocy, and fear of taking responsibility.

Probably that's why this Bible God has to punish the unbelievers? Because he can't take the responsibility to his own faults, but have to blame someone else, which is his creation.

Good question and I'd have to say the God that doesn't care whether you worship it or not.

Hey, you describe my deities! :wicked:

A God that loves and forgives all beings no matter if you believe in IT or not? Or a God who loves and forgives ONLY if you profess to love IT and worship IT and tortures you forever if you do not? Which one sounds like "the bigger man" so to speak and which one sounds like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum?

Or better yet, which one sounds more like a completely evil being that is tricking people into worshipping it by coming up with such a bizzare religion in the first place?

Which one sounds more like a completely evil being that found pleasure in his own son being killed, and then having people worship its dead son?

Is it not completely evil to have people worship the concept of allowing someone else to suffer for their own wrong doings?

Dang! It just gets messed up the more ya dig into it, don't it?!?! :twitch:

Just think about this. What if there is an ultimate judgement day and we really do have to stand before a REAL, completely RIGHTEOUS and GOOD God, and explain ourselves to it? Who really deserves Heaven? Someone responsible, or someone who spent their life worshipping in a religion that pretty much has to do with placing the blame on someone else?

Yes, the trap-door would get quite a bit of use, wouldn't it? :HaHa:

Or what if you say it like this:

Who is a better father?

A dad that loves and forgives his children no matter what they do? Or a dad who loves and forgives ONLY if you profess to love him and worship him and beats the hell out of you if you do not? Which one sounds like "the bigger man" so to speak and which one sounds like a child abuser?

It's fairly easy to see that a god is culturally relative in its demeanor. Doesn't the OT god sound like a creation of some desert tribes living in a world where one wrong step was certain death or some other terrible misfortune, and where terrible misfortunes sometimes happened for no reason at all? Along comes the Roman Empire to make things a bit more civil, then all the sudden we have a more just NT god?