Goodbye Jesus

Double A7 Christian Question Avoidance

1AcceptingAThiest1

Hola so...Double A7 here.

So im here to answer any questions you asked a Christian and felt they avoidee like the plague.

Keep in mind I am outnumbered but to avoid being overrun I ask that your questions be short and to the point and understand I can only respond once a day sometimes more but please I know I dropped the ball last time but thats because there was no order and it was mixed with huge posts.

If you have any recommendations on how else to do this please let me know heck message me personally if I somehow keep skipping over it and I will copy and paste my answers Into this topic

I tell u right now my 100perCent certain im sure my answer will not fit exactly the answer you are hoping for.

My purpose is just to at least give honest and truthful response even if you don't like it but I promise you this I will not make it up no gimmicks

these are just sample questions that I used to ask that before I became a Christian

Why dont God show himself?

Why didn't jesus heal himself if he was so powerful?

why did God make Adam and Eve if he knew they were going to sin? aka why did God put the tree there if he knew they were going to eat it?

why doesn't God heal amputees?

was it part of the plan for a child to die in a car accident? give me one good reason how this is a good plan?

Etc u get the idea although you cannot use the questions above lol just kidding you can if u like.

But can we please ask a personal question and general question.

I will start.

Personal

If you have a Christian girlfriend/boyfriend are you ok with them believing you going to hell because isn't that worse than them believing you were cheating when you wasn't?

General

Even if there wasn't evidence God what alternative option would u need to see to consider christiany? More consistency? No hell? More loving people? Etc

Pretty simple enough I guess THIS is a huge a request but can you limit one response a day? This will give me ample time to answer everyone but please don't ask another question if I hadn't gotten to you from day before.

I.will.make.honest effort to answer as fast I can so I dont get overrun.

So personal Q about me and General Q and then once I answer you you can.respond but please if you can refrian from 2nd set of questions until next day

• Super Moderator

You can play the back-and-forth game, and there are people here willing to play. Just be advised you have no new information to impart.

You'll make what you think is a valid point, people here will dismantle it, you won't accept their arguments.

Carry on, and have fun, folks.

We are all Ex-Christians. We know about it--we don't need to ask you questions about it. What part of ex-Christian don't you understand?

Guest Marty

How many threads have other christians started that are exactly like this?  In the OP they say "ask me your questions" and then never return, or they come back after 14 pages of questions and "answer" the low hanging fruit and leave all the big questions alone.

No thanks.  Been there, done that.  And I have all the answers I need about religion.  They were all answered completely to my satisfaction when I allowed myself to plug in "there is no god".  Try it yourself.

How about dealing with the content of Cosmology 101... which has your name on it?

Well that was simple then. No one wants to play. No new answer That.wasn'questio inenntion anyway. And what about cosmology? Any specific questions

I'll Play.

How do you justify basing your entire belief system on books written thousands of years ago. You do not know with 100% certainty that those are in fact the words of god because there exist no original manuscripts to confirm. You do not actually even know who wrote any of the books. Biblical scholars have confirmed thousands of errors. Numerous contradictions have been found. No historical evidence exists for the majority of the events described in the old testament. Questionable evidence exists that Jesus was, in fact, a real person. No evidence exists that I am aware of that any of the 12 disciples ever actually existed.

But you accept the bible as the basis of your faith, yet it doesn't even support many of the things you believe are true.

The bible is not even an adequate source of morality. While it does contain some nuggets of wisdom, there are numerous books that contain more wisdom and provide better rules for humans to live by. 

One would wonder that, if a book was written by God for us, why did he not preserve original copies and why did he not make it so everyone could easily understand it?

How can you justify all of this and sit here and tell us that god exists and you know so because of the bible?

In answering any questions that are posed, will you be providing us with The TruthTM or merely your opinion?

Your opinions might be interesting to some, but there isn't likely to be any new information there. Even if there is, it would just be your opinion about questions which are fairly irrelevant to those who don't believe.

Most of us have a very good understanding of the usual Christian doctrines, so if you are intending to educate us in this area then there is nothing you can say that we have not heard before. Moreover, if this is the case then I must ask, what gives you the right to answer any questions posed herein with any sort of authority?

I don't even have a college degree. Spelling errors should tell u that. Im not here to be magic Christian. Im here simply fir discussion to answer questions you feel people avoid because why ask a question you already know the answer to? Why bother asking u already know? Is it a smoke screen? Im not trying to provide answer u don't know im asking you to ask questions u feel Christian s try to avoid. Even if you have the answer thats fine just questions you.feel you hate when Christians avoid

And feel free to answer my 2 questions and the first one if it applies to you

Thx for the questions storm although you.asked about.5 questions can you.tell.me.specific.what.2.to.answer

Put it in actual question form. And again feel free to answer.my second question some athiest I.know have avoided.it some have answered it withnthe.word..."nothing"

Disillusioned

Question answer

I am not trying tp speak with supreme authority or act like my poop don't stink. Im just a kid answer questions maybe they feel Christian lie about or try tp fluff up

Any thoughts on my second question in OP?

What's the point of this thread?  (Does that count as a question?) ((Is that 2 questions?))

1aa1, might I suggest you just copy and paste the answers the other good christian folk have posted, both to the questions in your original post and the questions that will be asked.  You're answers will be the same bible verse quoting, non-logical, "that's old testament", blah, blah, blah that always gets posted.  Save yourself the keystrokes.

Of course, you could pray and ask your god for that one answer that will bring us all back in to the fold, and according to your holy book, your god will do it (see Matthew 7 & Luke 11).  Granted, it won't happen, but it might be fun.

In general, you won't have anything new to add, unless your god has decided on new revelation, so just delete the post.

Thx for the questions storm although you.asked about.5 questions can you.tell.me.specific.what.2.to.answer

The bible is your basis for belief. If the bible isn't perfect (and all the other stuff I mentioned in my first post) how can you base your whole life and worldview on it?

• Super Moderator

Anyone can look back through the archives and find the same questions and answers posted dozens of times before this thread was born. Still, every new Christian poster thinks he has new information for us heathens. As a famous book says, there is nothing new under the sun.

A1 Sauce, I'm glad your god was there for you. I just wonder where he is for all those suffering serious misery.

Disillusioned

Question answer

I am not trying tp speak with supreme authority or act like my poop don't stink. Im just a kid answer questions maybe they feel Christian lie about or try tp fluff up

Any thoughts on my second question in OP?

This does not address my question. To offer to answer questions is to claim to know the answers to questions. What makes you think that you have any answers at all?

With respect to the questions you asked, the first does not apply to me. To the second (what it would take to convince me that Christianity is true) I reply that if Christianity is true, then God can convince me of this any time he chooses. I don't know what form this might take. And perhaps this is fitting: I'm told he works in mysterious ways.

Well Florduh you said a statement but itnernally it is a question I jsut wonder where he is for all those suffering serious misery.

and again im not here to offer something you never heard before thats impossible. Never my intertion never has been and never will be. Same for you waitingongod, you operating on a conditioned response from previous christians that im trying to be a revelation oe genie. to WOO you or to get you say heyyy he's smart, well you can tell that is not the case due to my spelling.

its simply for discussion, thats it. Nothing more and thank you Storm for rephrase i will answer on break

and fine..by all means if not many want to ask questions then feel free to anser mien FLorduh and waiting on God  My second question in the OP or first if it applies to you

disillusioned that is a fair assesment but phrasing it in the way i did, i can see how it may have came off as authoritive. I do not have the answeres in the sense of THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE UNDERSTANDING of how it should be. Im simply asking causually

i seem to get more of a response if i pretend to be a @&*#@ or make a claim then thats when the pirahnas come out, otherwise if im asking genuine inquiry its like watching someone eat poop, boring to watch and everyone just moves on. This topic been shot to bits but i will answer questions soon ones been posed so far thx for your time

Well that was simple then. No one wants to play. No new answer That.wasn'questio inenntion anyway. And what about cosmology? Any specific questions

Yes.

Follow the link, read the opening post and respond please.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/63950-cosmology-101-for-1acceptingatheist1/#.U9_DvfldVzM

like you disillusiooned How about we have a formal debate on debate.org and we can post the link here. ITs a site you can doa ny debate ahs 5rounds can be formal or informal each rounds opponent can have 3days to respond after all rounds end people vote and comment non bias. www.debate.org feel free to create a quick profile and i can send you a friend request.

Storm Great question a tough one, almsot done writing it now

wow a Topic question just for me? thanks bornagainathiest i will take a look at the link, didnt realzie that was there lol

General

Even if there wasn't evidence God what alternative option would u need to see to consider christiany? More consistency? No hell? More loving people? Etc

I quit harming myself with tobacco.

I quit harming myself with belief in Jesus.

I'm quitting poor nutrition at the moment.

I'm not really interested in answers by Christians about Christianity. Seems like End3, Thumbelina, IH and others have covered that pretty well already. None of the Christians here would ever criticize God and I don't feel anything is exempt from criticism. So , other than the entertainment aspect of Q & A, this thread is pointless. 

But who knows, maybe after lunch I'll feel more frisky!

like you disillusiooned How about we have a formal debate on debate.org and we can post the link here. ITs a site you can doa ny debate ahs 5rounds can be formal or informal each rounds opponent can have 3days to respond after all rounds end people vote and comment non bias. www.debate.org feel free to create a quick profile and i can send you a friend request.

I'm sorry, but I have no desire to conduct a time-controlled debate. The amount of free time that I have varies greatly. I would much prefer a more informal discussion. If there is a specific topic you would like to discuss, and that topic is of interest to me, then I am open to such an exchange. Perhaps we could set up a thread in the colosseum specifically for that. If that is something you would like to pursue, then let me know.