Goodbye Jesus

Double A7 Christian Question Avoidance

1AcceptingAThiest1

sdelsosray its the opposite. How can i learn what a girl likes to talk about if i do not join a girl's conversation?

It is the same How can i learn about people outside of the christian community if i dont talk to them? Again how can we expect to understand others if we only want to understand ourself? We dont live long enough to know all there is to know by a single experience in one lifetime. Knowing people of different backgrounds creates a VAST opportunity for growth. Hence, why the people here are SO versatile and some christians are not.

too many christians only talk with Christians and so they only exposed to christian behavior christian answers and christian questions.

Although, I have 10 friends that are not christians at all who i hung with before and after my conversion, i talk to anyone and everyone. On phone, in chats, online and in person of all walks of life. I dont care if you ghetto or catholic i don't care if you jehovah witness or a satanist. We all bleed and we all poop. People need love no matter where we do. No one is perfect we all make mistakes. At least, we can all try to understand before we are understood.

Ravenstar took me awhile to re-write what I did in post above lol, i don't know why but...you inspire me greatly just now. I mean how can i show Gods love if people don't even know what the hell i am talking about, if i cannot communicate effeciently? Hmm wow how can i make it up to you? I may still make mistakes but i'm trying harder now

I assume that at the present time you believe the Bible was written by people "inspired by God". I also believe you consider the Bible to be true, discounting what you may consider insignificant errors or inconsistencies. But when you read the Bible for the purpose of determining its truthfulness, (if you have done so) did you presume that it is true or did suspend all  judgment one way or the other until you  concluded your study? If you presumed while studying it that the bible is true why did you do so and on what did you base that presumption?  Simple enough questions?   bill

Darklady im not here to teach anyone anything, in fact if i was to teach you anything it would be that you should already know the context clues, that if, i cannot even spell what hopes do you think; that i thought, that i could teach you? Nothing.  I am here for casual discussion that is it.

Thanks William Davis for the question. Well funny a agnostic suspends their belief until evidence is presented to confirm a judgement. I wouldnt say i did the same, i just lacked full belief as a whole. I was not a christian for 15 Years...So that was a long time to THINK, STUDY, RESEARCH. But i was too lazy do neither. What became true to me was what was true in reality, when reality matched what was in the bible. Like getting hit by lightning you do not need another second longer to know it was real

Where is all the christians in this Joint anyway?

i cant be alone have they been in here so long they have been converted?

You claim my post as the "opposite" but provide no argument that it is "opposite".  Words have meaning.  Use them wisely and appropriately.  Instead, you simply provide reasons why you post on this forum.  That has nothing to do with my post at all.  Nothing.  By the way, your "me me me" shtick is getting old rather quacky, like a three day old fish that has not been refrigerated.

sdelsosray its the opposite. How can i learn what a girl likes to talk about if i do not join a girl's conversation?

It is the same How can i learn about people outside of the christian community if i dont talk to them? Again how can we expect to understand others if we only want to understand ourself? We dont live long enough to know all there is to know by a single experience in one lifetime. Knowing people of different backgrounds creates a VAST opportunity for growth. Hence, why the people here are SO versatile and some christians are not.

too many christians only talk with Christians and so they only exposed to christian behavior christian answers and christian questions.

Although, I have 10 friends that are not christians at all who i hung with before and after my conversion, i talk to anyone and everyone. On phone, in chats, online and in person of all walks of life. I dont care if you ghetto or catholic i don't care if you jehovah witness or a satanist. We all bleed and we all poop. People need love no matter where we do. No one is perfect we all make mistakes. At least, we can all try to understand before we are understood.

Grammar is good… effective communication is essential if you want to get your point of view across. Learning critical thinking and logic is even better, especially if you wish to debate.

Reading Lao Tse is a must.   :)   Being well read.. there is no substitute for that.  That's my experience.. do with it what you will.

sdelsolray

its simple. very.....very...simple. You learn about something new and something different by being exposed to it. I have 10 friends that are not christian They are atheists before and after my conversion. I learn from them they learn from me. We seek to understand before being understood. This is basic stuff.  You think you can learn how to swim by staying on land? you think you can go on dates with girls by hanging out with peeping toms? how much more evidence do you need?

sdelsolray

its simple. very.....very...simple. You learn about something new and something different by being exposed to it. I have 10 friends that are not christian They are atheists before and after my conversion. I learn from them they learn from me. We seek to understand before being understood. This is basic stuff.  You think you can learn how to swim by staying on land? you think you can go on dates with girls by hanging out with peeping toms? how much more evidence do you need?

We have two ears and one mouth, which is one indication of how much time we should should spend listening and how much we should spend talking.

Or, put another way; "When I listen, I learn something. When I speak, I learn nothing".

Ravenstar i will fully commit to work harder before posting my posts because you took the time to correct my grammar, if I mess up it will because I did not know, and not, because i did not try.  I have no clue when to use  colons and semi colons i will study them, I think my sentence structure gets broken up by what I am truly trying to say and I need to focus on concentrating on what I am really trying to say. I leave out key words that flush out my sentences and they seem to run together, but just very recently i see small improvement in the past hour, because you have pointed differences out to me. Truly I am grateful anything I can do let me know

thats correct two ears and 1 mouth. God knows EXACTLY what he was doing

Of course, I was being metaphorical to make a point about listening more than talking.  The literal reason we have two ears is that they evolved to appear on either side of the skull to pick up a greater range of directional sounds to assist with survival.

• Like 1

cool fact man. Also you should see the movie lucy about what would happen if we used more than 10% of our brain and what would happen if we reached 100%.

but contrary to popular beleif  according to up to date theory, scientists say we actually use more than 10% already they say we use all of the brain but just at different point for different occasions

What God?

I would think something has to be well defined before it can be examined or measured, or the experiment, measurement, whatever, would ultimately be invalid.

You must have a test group, a control group, and also a randomly selected demographic group. You must have strict parameters and a set methodology for data gathering and evaluation, at least that's what I remember from statistics class. (ugh.. that's a nasty class.. tough).

To be valid.. your conclusions, or at least your test results must be able to be reproduced.

That's about all I know. I only did it for a very simple social psychology project. Hard work. Have to be very precise and prove you didn't contaminate the data or skew the test with biases.

of course god knows what he is doing when he put the pee hole, asshole and orgasm hole so close to each other,,,,,

another pissed-off asshole yhwh

I always thought placing the eating tube and the windpipe together was bad design

• Like 2

If I were going to invent a new species of creatures I would give them an appendix so that they could randomly die a painful death for my amusement.  Oh wait, no I wouldn't.  I'm not evil.

And what the hell is this business with tooth decay and gum disease?  And why the hell is the human brain unable to maintain consciousness for 24 hours a day?  What a perfect design.  Make humans so they are helpless 1/3 of their entire life.  Oh and let's have sunlight give your skin cancer.

OMG...stop making excuses for bad spelling and grammar!!!

Read, look things up, get a feeling for language!

You have more education in English grammar than me! I took English for one year in ninth grade and that was like two lessons a week. I spent four month in the US doing a students exchange in graphic design. No grammar. And I got my grammar from that one year (two lessons a week in ninth grade) and guess what? Books. Forums. Articles. I don't speak English in my everyday life.

Just think about this before posting your next post. I know you can do better than that. Or have you been homeschooled by your Christian parents and they thought grammar was not that important as long as they taught you how to get saved?

you went to school you expect me to learn in a few hours in a day? lol maybe you can let me borrow some of your brain through a text message so i can use it before i message. Its going to take time and by the time i DO learn, you wont even notice or care anymore. These kind people trying to help, better to teach then to taunt

i never listen to my parents or my christian family or friends, I became a christian on my own and didn't attend chruch for 1 year after the fact because i wanted to make sure i did research on my own

Ravenstar is awesome no matter how you look it, upsidedown rightside up to the left or right. Goooo Ravenstar you rock!

i never listen to my parents or my christian family or friends, I became a christian on my own and didn't attend chruch for 1 year after the fact because i wanted to make sure i did research on my own

If you haven't studied that Bible, what did your research consist of?