Goodbye Jesus

Double A7 Christian Question Avoidance

1AcceptingAThiest1

no i do not go to school but i failed high school 3 times.

But you made it to high school, so that means you went to school.

Oh, maybe this is some misunderstanding due to different education systems and language.

When I talk about school I mean first through ninth grade. What comes next in Switzerland is either you go on with higher education but that's quite hard to get in, you need to do an exam and then you need to keep your grades sufficing and there are big exams at the end and if you pass you can go studying at the University.

When you say you failed in high school I assume you have been to school as a child. And if you have been to school as a child I assume they taught you English grammar there. That would make you more educated in English than me. If not, I say you do good. But only if not.

my spelling erros probably attributed to you feeling i became christian at 15 i apologize im not sure what grammatical atrocities i made to mistakenly bring you to that conclusion lol so i will calrify, i became a christian at the age of 23 i am now 27. up until 23 i lack full belief in God despite all what i was told when i parted ways from my family. MY dad was never there and mom passed when i was 16. so from 16 to 23 i still didnt beleive. They didnt read anything to me, i went to church on my own to TRY this christianity out like a superman cape, I was bored and left Mom was never forceful she encouraged me but she always let me make the decision what i wanted to do. Teenagers with lost identity look for attention i wanted to be alone playing video games. Teenagers will grab on to any teaching that tickles their ears and makes them get warm fuzzies, Me i was always needed more than emotional fantasies.

I know love is the most pwoerful thing on earth more powerful than quatum mechanics and quarks

By the way, I tried to understand if I got you right with becoming a believer at age 15 in an earlier post in another thread you started. So you just confirmed to me that you have not read through your other threads and start new threads when you feel like the other ones get too hot or whatever. While I gave you the benefit of a doubt I thought if you had not corrected me it is right that you became a believer at age 15.

Now I think age 23 is not really that much of a difference especially when I hear about your family history. You might have had some delays in developing. Wanting to be alone and playing video games is another form of finding stability. And I am not saying your mom or your parents have been forceful. You can be exposed to religion in non forceful ways. Just the fact that someone goes to Church regularly and is taking the children along does not mean it is forced. It means a mom is taking her child that she could not leave at home all by itself because it is too young to be self responsible with her so she can attend Church. And therefore that child is exposed to religion. You have been exposed to religion no matter how you want to turn it around.

I am sorry to hear your mom passed away. That must have been a hard time for you. Now it is not uncommon when a loved one passes away to start thinking about religion and an afterlife, especially when this afterlife promises to see your loved one again. And tragic events can extend that time of adolescence.

And no, teenagers will not grab to any teachings that tickles their ears. Only teenagers who have no sense of value and not much confidence and not much critical thinking skills will do that. Being on your own playing video games sounds quite anti social to me and you certainly are not that special with it. But it is understandable considering your circumstances. You might not have listened to your parents but you most certainly got to hear all the concepts of Christianity. You might not have believed them but when you experienced whatever brought you to become a believer you linked those concepts to those experiences and became a Christian.

Also I have to say, Ravenstar really is awesome. Not sure if you mock on her or if your woohoooing is honest. She is one of the smartest and most well read participants here.

Sorry 1AcceptingAThiest1 if I had been too harsh about the education thing. Did not mean to. I know there are plenty of people not understanding Grammar in their fist language. We have plenty of them in Switzerland too.

Hope you are having a good day.

Cheers!

I believe I exist because I was put here for a reason, I based this belief on the fact that we all hae purpose. If we didnt have purpose then why do we love people?

If we don't have molasses, then why do we construct roads?

i.e., Your comment makes no sense to me. Non-sequitur.

If we don't have molasses, then why do we construct roads?

Dont forget to add: "Therefore, Jesus."

thanks moreina yea i went to school i just meant didnt attent college, I was taught english in high school but that was the one class i did so poorly at it caused me to fail, but thats because i was too shy to stand up in front of the class and doan 30minute speech about random crap. Had they just gave me homework and i didnt have to face students with speaking i would have passed.

and yes you are right no way around that i was exposed to christianity everywhich way, it is true we can assimilate our beleifs onto other things. My Athiest friends never left me and i never left them despite my conversion but we just all learn from each other

Williamdavis you are right love and quarks are non sequitar lol. It was an exaggeration or used for metaphorical purposes like some would say love is more powerful than an atomic bomb, its just a phrase for effect. We all have emotions so yes some things I will use emotion we all do we are human, the key is to not let your emotiosn RULE you, LEAD your heart and anot follow your heart :)

i understand that our experiences are necessarily mean they are truth, but they CAN be true, and they cannot be. But Experiences are powerful enough to make people change, just like many people Change from Christian to atheist because of an experience, reading inconsistencies bible,family friends church drama,superficial guilt etc.

Love is powerful 1AcceptingAThiest1.

The one thing that surprised me the most when I first left Church (and by leaving Church I did not leave faith, that just happened in the process) was, that atheists actually showed much love and understood way more about it than those I left behind. As I started to open up and understanding that love was not something Christians had reserved for themselves I saw love all over. Really, love is all over. And you have tons of love within you. Children who are not at an age of taking a decision have so much love.

Just go on that link and look at the drawing of that child and you will see more love than you think would be possible:

http://972mag.com/how-a-sixth-grader-from-sderot-draws-the-war/95018/

Love is in people naturally. You do not need to be a Christian to love or to receive love. Actually many Christians act very unloving. Quite weird when you think they know the God who calls himself love, don't you think? I think it has to do with their God also being a moral figure. So they have a God, they have a way God want's people to live, and they try hard to follow that...to love one another...but that love comes not from their heart. It comes out of the wish to please God, to give something back for the love they think comes from God. But that love that you are talking about...you can have that same feeling of being loved with any other religion...and you can even give it to yourself. And I think that is the best version you can do. To love yourself. That way you will love others from within and not because of another instance you can't quite grasp.

love is for all people athiest or not, this is exactly what my book is about to see both sides

No we are not on the same page here. Don't try to do that.

Not love is for all the people. People do love. That is a very different statement. They do so with a believe in God/s and without a believe in God/s. In all cultures.

im saying everyone loves even children and they are naturally atheists according to msot people. an athiest will save a person from drowning and a christian will save someone from drowning. Not for reward but because they both care. athiests and christians are in relationships because they love. There are Athiests in this Site, that have a christian girlfriend or boyfriends. They Both love.

my book is about the pain athiest go through, they hurt they deal with from family and friends, the struggles and confusion they endured during their conversion. Real stories with real events. My atheists friends are helping me write it directly and indirectly, we hope it will become a movie one day

Love is powerful 1AcceptingAThiest1.

The one thing that surprised me the most when I first left Church (and by leaving Church I did not leave faith, that just happened in the process) was, that atheists actually showed much love and understood way more about it than those I left behind. As I started to open up and understanding that love was not something Christians had reserved for themselves I saw love all over. Really, love is all over. And you have tons of love within you. Children who are not at an age of taking a decision have so much love.

Just go on that link and look at the drawing of that child and you will see more love than you think would be possible:

http://972mag.com/how-a-sixth-grader-from-sderot-draws-the-war/95018/

Love is in people naturally. You do not need to be a Christian to love or to receive love. Actually many Christians act very unloving. Quite weird when you think they know the God who calls himself love, don't you think? I think it has to do with their God also being a moral figure. So they have a God, they have a way God want's people to live, and they try hard to follow that...to love one another...but that love comes not from their heart. It comes out of the wish to please God, to give something back for the love they think comes from God. But that love that you are talking about...you can have that same feeling of being loved with any other religion...and you can even give it to yourself. And I think that is the best version you can do. To love yourself. That way you will love others from within and not because of another instance you can't quite grasp.

yes I was very surprised to see that In general I cant see clearly Unbelievers any less sensitive, charitable ,and considerate of others than Christians. when it comes to the attitude toward homosexuals, fornicators, or those who have abortions, the opposite is true. they are judged and condemned by churchfolk and accepted and treated with dignity by unbelievers.

but to be fair I have seen Christians who follow the christian precept that you should not judge others or you bring condemnation up on yourself. I was actually more judgmental and had more of a dislike and even hatred for homosexuals before my conversion, because afterward I took very seriously the command to not judge and love your enemies. This was also largely due to the change of heart that I received during my conversion. I recognized that it isn't anybody's fault that they have the sexuality they have , and their sexuality says nothing about them being , selfish, evil , or being without a conscience or morals.

also , Jesus was criticized by the religious people precisely because the people he chose to oftentimes dine with and hang out with were great sinners, thieves, adulterers, tax collectors, and prostitutes.

but anyhow, it was very surprising to see what is unbelievers were really like. my faith has taught me that they had no life or charity within them because they were cut off from God's grace. that is clearly bullshit!

The problem I see with Christians loving is this: Yes there are those whose love is real and genuine. But still there is some God attached to their love. Example: They decide not to judge others due to their sexuality...because they hope this person feels that love and decides to become a Christian and gets "healed" of his homosexuality.

I told myself to love others and when I left Church I had to admit to myself that I actually had no real concept of what love actually was. I have found that most things I did out of "love" actually was to be accepted by God, to do what he wanted me to do. It makes a huge difference if I bring someone a present because I felt God would tell me to or if I just love that person and want to bring her a present. The first would be me devaluing my present because I just obeyed that God-feeling. The second would be love because it was about that person and only about that person.

To love one another as a command is a no brainer. You can not command love. And you cannot love on command. Either you love or you don't.

• Like 1

my book is about the pain athiest go through, they hurt they deal with from family and friends, the struggles and confusion they endured during their conversion. Real stories with real events. My atheists friends are helping me write it directly and indirectly, we hope it will become a movie one day

An you talk about that book you are writing. Sorry. Of course I don't know what your book exactly is about. I thought you where talking about the bible.

And I am sorry but I don't really get what you are talking about when you say the pain atheists go through. What do they hurt, what do they deal with family and friends, what are the struggles and the confusion they endure during their conversion? Conversion to what? Once you convert to a religion you are no atheist. So what are you talking about???

the atheist i know when they converter they have pain for their family and friends because the have a loving heart and they feel pain, their heart goes out to christians believe lies have brainwashed from churches and preachers. THey experience hurt because when they converted some were shunned from the church and family, like some of my athiest friends were, Some had struggles trying to do the faith thing and realizing it was all fake and they came to a healthy realization of life. My Atheist friends tell me alot of stories the horrible things that happen across the world they feel for people and the bad things organized religion ahs caused

im not sure how you didnt know...that is the backbone of this site. To help Those to cope from their conversion of christianity from people who experienced the same

the atheist i know when they converter they have pain for their family and friends because the have a loving heart and they feel pain, their heart goes out to christians believe lies have brainwashed from churches and preachers. THey experience hurt because when they converted some were shunned from the church and family, like some of my athiest friends were, Some had struggles trying to do the faith thing and realizing it was all fake and they came to a healthy realization of life. My Atheist friends tell me alot of stories the horrible things that happen across the world they feel for people and the bad things organized religion ahs caused

And you still think you need to convince people of your God?

im not sure how you didnt know...that is the backbone of this site. To help Those to cope from their conversion of christianity from people who experienced the same

Ehm...sorry but I think you confuse some things here. You have been the one coming here to make us ask you about your story, who was eager to tell us about your experiences and why you think your God exists etc. You set up this thread for us to ask you a Christian questions. I am quite aware what this site is about...

im sure there is a genuine misunderstanding somewhere me and you have been ahving quite a few of those

If people want to ask me questions about my story that is fine but i dont make anyone do anything we all post ehre for casual discussion, people ask me a question casually i answer it, i ask casual questions people answer casually. No one is obligated to do anything. and My job isnt to convince people about God. never has been never will be. I cannot change someones heart that is a personal decision

Ah, do we have to go there again?

Ok. You start a thread about us asking you questions. So you ask us to ask you questions, no? Why else would you start a thread about us asking you questions?

In other threads you offered to tell us your story if we wanted to hear. That is asking us to ask you about yourself.

Of course it is not your job to convince us...it is the "holy spirit" who does that...your job is to tell us about it. And that is what you do here. At least it appears that way.

Now it would have been possible for you to start a thread where you would have asked others to tell their stories. That would have shown a real interest in what people here think and all. Instead you started threads about yourself...about asking you questions. Thats fine with me but you need to expect the reactions you get here.

May I ask you, when you talk about your atheist friends...are you talking about the participants of this forum or are you talking about people who actually are your friends, like in your everyday life, at work, spare time, who visit you or go out with you for a beer etc?

I started a thread asking if there was questions they felt christians avoided because i knwo some atheist are upset that christians avoid them, so I had a personal interest in trying to help, this had nothing to do with me. I only started a thread with my story because many people asked me, and within many threads i asked people about themself and their stories and appreciate them sharing. So i honestly think there is a genuine misunderstanding. My Grammar is bad enough so i can see how we got confused

and friends i mean in person because we all grew up together before and after my conversion

I started a thread asking if there was questions they felt christians avoided because i knwo some atheist are upset that christians avoid them, so I had a personal interest in trying to help, this had nothing to do with me. I only started a thread with my story because many people asked me, and within many threads i asked people about themself and their stories and appreciate them sharing. So i honestly think there is a genuine misunderstanding. My Grammar is bad enough so i can see how we got confused

By the way, I still don't have an answer from you to the question I posed in your other thread. You claim to be a Christian. This is a claim, either implicitly or explicitly, to know the will of God. By what authority do you make this claim? How do you have any knowledge at all of God's will?

I cannot change someones heart that is a personal decision

1AcceotingATheist

You certainly can't when the one with the personal decision based on a delusion is you.  And this is not intended as a joke.  bill

• Like 1

Disillusioned i have no authority other than being a human being. I am a christian Yes. I have over 100 reasons for being so. This isnt about me sitting on a throne. Im here for casual discussion Why are you trying to make me into a professor with a phd?

and friends i mean in person because we all grew up together before and after my conversion

There are questions you felt Christians avoided because you know some atheists are upset that christians avoided them, so you had a personal interest in trying to help. Isn't this just making my point? Who asked you for that help you feel you need to give?

Disillusioned i have no authority other than being a human being. I am a christian Yes. I have over 100 reasons for being so. This isnt about me sitting on a throne. Im here for casual discussion Why are you trying to make me into a professor with a phd?

You have made similar statements to this several times. I appreciate the acknowledgement, but I think you have missed the point of my question. Perhaps I am phrasing it clumsily. Allow me to elaborate.

To be a Christian is to believe an absurd proposition on the basis of faith alone. You have stated several times that you have no evidence to present, and you have also failed to produce any coherent, persuasive arguments to the effect that Christianity is true. You are not alone in this. It turns out that Christianity is extremely difficult (impossible?) to defend rationally.

Nevertheless, the issue of why you think that you are actually saved is very pertinent. Christians love to pretend as if their belief is a humble one. They are sinners. They are fallen. They cannot save themselves. And yet, the creator of the entire universe wants to have a personal relationship with each of them. This is not humility. It is egocentrism.

Further to my point, the Bible says that if we repent of our sins we will be forgiven (see 1 John 1, among other passages). To repent of one’s sins is to claim that one has sinned. This is to claim that one has undertaken an action of which God does not approve. Therefore, those who repent of their sins are claiming to know the will of God. This claim does not need to be explicit. It is inherent to the belief system.

There are many other aspects of Christianity which also equate to claims to know God’s will. Hence my question is justified. It seems to me that anyone who claims to be a Christian ought to consider how on earth they may make such claims. This is my question to you.

• Like 1