Goodbye Jesus

Genesis- Really Explained (Enjoy)

Castiel233

• Like 1

Well if church were like that, such large and diverse crowds it would draw... This explanation is worth considering...

Btw, have you ever watched some of the youtube videos with captions on? I have before, and this one. I'm convinced that either the people typing the captions are not native English speakers, or they're having a good laugh on us.

they aren't humans. Seriously, it's automated, it's algorithms all the way down. 

I usually turn the captions off!!!

Off to bed now, England needs it rest, Goodnight All

Oh wow, I laughed out loud so many times, I had to watch it again. He gets a little off topic, but "Don't get me started on the French..." Hilarious! And then "God goes mental." Yep. And the punishment for the snake, to crawl on his belly -- excellent point, not really a punishment for a snake. "We're even now. I asked for that. Cheers. Oh yeah, I'm being punished."

Well if church were like that, such large and diverse crowds it would draw... This explanation is worth considering...

Btw, have you ever watched some of the youtube videos with captions on? I have before, and this one. I'm convinced that either the people typing the captions are not native English speakers, or they're having a good laugh on us.

they aren't humans. Seriously, it's automated, it's algorithms all the way down.

Well that explains it. The algorithms need their ears checked.

The big problem, really, is individual and regiolectal variation. It's a fact that the d of some dialects overlap with the pronunciation of t in some others, for instance! You need other kinds of algorithms - ones that don't really use sound but probable content as a guideline, but the result of that would be that absurdist comedy would be misinterpreted as well.

Well that explains it. The algorithms need their ears checked.

The big problem, really, is individual and regiolectal variation. It's a fact that the d of some dialects overlap with the pronunciation of t in some others, for instance! You need other kinds of algorithms - ones that don't really use sound but probable content as a guideline, but the result of that would be that absurdist comedy would be misinterpreted as well.

Well, I suppose it's a trade-off. In order to have the automation, we must accept some limitations and errors as a result.

The last sentence you said there reminds me one of Alan Turing's statements about computers. I don't recall its exact form, but it is something like this.

An intelligent machine will by necessity make mistakes. There are theorems that basically prove that.