Goodbye Jesus

God Can't Forgive My Sins.

Llwellyn

A common personality described in Christian propaganda is the person who thinks that he has sinned SO MUCH that he is beyong God's forgiveness.  This person can't believe that God would love him and would forgive his sins.  He believes that he will not go to heaven because of the wicked things he has done.  He just needs to read the Bible and hear the Good News that there is forgiveness in the Blood of the Lamb.  THERE ARE NO PEOPLE WHO THINK THIS WAY!  This person is a myth.

The reality is that less than 1% of people believe in hell and believe they will go there!  It is a cliche and a make-believe person who thinks that God won't forgive them.  But, if this category is such a small slice of humanity, then it makes me think that maybe I should look into this way of thinking!  If so few people believe it, it must be true!  Just call me hell-bound!!!zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif

lol

There's still some RCC priests out there preaching about fire and brimstone, so........

But, hell sounds like that's where all the cool ppl will be anyway. yellow.gif

A common personality described in Christian propaganda is the person who thinks that he has sinned SO MUCH that he is beyong God's forgiveness.  This person can't believe that God would love him and would forgive his sins.  He believes that he will not go to heaven because of the wicked things he has done.  He just needs to read the Bible and hear the Good News that there is forgiveness in the Blood of the Lamb.  THERE ARE NO PEOPLE WHO THINK THIS WAY!  This person is a myth.

The reality is that less than 1% of people believe in hell and believe they will go there!  It is a cliche and a make-believe person who thinks that God won't forgive them.  But, if this category is such a small slice of humanity, then it makes me think that maybe I should look into this way of thinking!  If so few people believe it, it must be true!  Just call me hell-bound!!!zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gifnyt

While I tend to agree with what you are saying here I wonder, do you have a citation for the 1% you reference or is it just more internet statistics at play?

Making claims are great but you are not doing any different than a faith believer would without actual data to back up a specific claim with.

Sorry to be picky and seem like an asshole but statistics on the internet without references just get old after a while.

Personally I know a lot of people who believe in hell and are actually afraid of it to the point it shapes the decisions that they actually make in life. Are they 1% of anything? I don't really know but they do exist and I am sure in far greater numbers than they should in this day and age.

Only 1% of people would answer "To Hell" to the question:  "Immediately after death, which of the following do you think will happen to you... you will go directly to Heaven, you will go to Purgatory, you will go to Hell, you will be reincarnated or death will be the end of your existence?"  Survey by Yankelovich Partners for Time/CNN, March 11-12, 1997.  See page 30 of the following link:

Being afraid of hell is different from believing that you will go there.  Tons of Christians believe in hell and are afraid of hell.  Almost nobody believes in hell and believes he'll go there.  The person who believes in hell and believes he will go there is only one in a hundred.

I think a more accurate OP would be God can't forgive my sins ........after I die..........once Yahweh harvests your soul you are basically knackered.