Goodbye Jesus

God And Satan Aren't That Different After All...

zeldarocks

The Apostle John says in his Synoptic Gospel that Satan "cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy." That's all well and good, but how is Yahweh any better?

Stealing:

"But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves" (Numbers 31:18).

Killing:

"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him" (Numbers 31:17).

Destroying:

"And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire" (Numbers 31:10).

Within that one chapter, we see Yahweh committing the same atrocities attributed to Satan himself.

• Like 2

Well the Bible says they are enemies and we can trust the Bible because The Bible says its trustworthy........

The thing is how does the creator and commander of space and time have enemies exactly unless He wants them. Yahweh is a bit like Captain Amazing in Mystery Men.......needs enemies to keep Himself occupied 

Within that one chapter, we see Yahweh committing the same atrocities attributed to Satan himself.

Those things may be "attributed" to Satan. But where do you ever read that he does so without god's permission first?

his is a topic that i have been finding interesting of late and listened to some good stuff on youtube about it.

I don't know what jesus was meaning when he said that line about ,' ye are of your father the devil' but  it does make one think when considered in the light of 'by a persons fruits you'll know them'.Yahweh defo committed more genocides than satan in the OT.

Satan is definitely a bastard like that time he asked God that he could ruin Job's life.  But Yahweh and Jesus are so much worse because they do all the same shit but pretend all the while to be good, holy, and righteous.  There is a scripture about Satan "masquerading as an angel of light" and of being some kind of devouring lion who prowls around for whomever he can destroy.  The same things must be applied to bloody Yahweh and his idiot son.  They both masquerade as saviors when they are tyrants and they both prowl around destroying lives. 

According to many a Christian I know, the devil acts within the confines of what god allows him to do.

So, by a simple process of what is called (in U.K. law at least) "vicarious liability" their responsibility is equal.

As is their capacity for evil.

A statement that should make the head of any Christian reading this explode quite spectacularly...

When the topic of "God and Satan" comes up, the first thing I think about Satan is, "Well, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all".