Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Favourite Lame Christian Excuses?

Castiel233

... because it shouldn't be the government's responsibility to teach children religion.

My sister, a Seventh-Day Adventist, takes this position.

I saw 2 bumper stickers on a pick-up the other day, first one had an image of a gun and read"COME AND TAKE IT'! The other simply stated "LIBERTY OR DEATH'. I wanted to say hey stupid, you're in America, the gun is legal and we happen to be free. If you're such a tuff mother fucker go to some country where that aint true and run your mouth off,,,dumb ass.

I saw 2 bumper stickers on a pick-up the other day, first one had an image of a gun and read"COME AND TAKE IT'! The other simply stated "LIBERTY OR DEATH'. I wanted to say hey stupid, you're in America, the gun is legal and we happen to be free. If you're such a tuff mother fucker go to some country where that aint true and run your mouth off,,,dumb ass.

I have a quote the source of which is unknown:

"When fascism comes to America it will be wearing the flag and carrying a cross."

• Like 1

I have a quote the source of which is unknown:

"When fascism comes to America it will be wearing the flag and carrying a cross."

Given how nasty Christianity is, it is little wonder it is beloved by the likes of the KKK and other fascists groups. To this day only one high ranking Nazi has been excommunicated by the church and it wasn't Hitler

Another excuse, while still "sinning"

"I am still growing in the Lord"

Well excuse fucking you!!!!

This little doozy of a convo I had the other day had like 4 lame excuses wrapped up in one long paragraph. But I'll only suffer you with a snippet... Astounding!

I know who I am and what I'm doing. If I could prove God by science,what would become of Faith & Belief? There is no faith if it adds up it adds up that's a fact. Science is a fact. God is a Fact, that only Belief can prove. If God was science then morals would be no more because it would be fact and it would add up on paper. That's the true gift your agency. Without the science to prove God's existence, the only other way is through belief & faith. Faith without works is dead.

What the hell does that even mean?

I had the same thought. It doesn't make any sense even from a xtian viewpoint

Its all about "faith" and "belief"....smoke and mirrors all the way

I think you folks have already gotten most of the good ones.
I recently asked a minister friend of mine how he explained the fact that Jesus said that "there be some standing here that shall not see death" referring to his return but 2000 years have passed and we'll still waiting. He said that was "a hard saying". I thought he could have done a little better than that. If THAT'S a hard saying and can be made to mean something else, then anything in the bible can be changed.

God can't stop a child from getting raped because he gave people FREE WILL!

yea wearing the flag, carrying the cross, and probably hiding a gun

I think you folks have already gotten most of the good ones.

I recently asked a minister friend of mine how he explained the fact that Jesus said that "there be some standing here that shall not see death" referring to his return but 2000 years have passed and we'll still waiting. He said that was "a hard saying". I thought he could have done a little better than that. If THAT'S a hard saying and can be made to mean something else, then anything in the bible can be changed.

I read once a theory that they are still alive "either walking around and blending in, or they are in suspended animation!!!!!!!!!!

A harder saying is Luke 6:30, in which they all  try to wriggle out from:

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/14205/does-luke-630-imply-that-the-person-asking-has-a-genuine-need

Don't you just love it when a Christian interrupts a conversation about something unfortunate in the news and proclaims "This was never a problem until they took prayer out of school"!

I just point out that they didn't take prayer out of school. I prayed a lot in school, and it was no big deal. All that was ended was school sanctioned/forced prayer, and I point out to Christians that that's actually a good thing even from their religious stance, because it shouldn't be the government's responsibility to teach children religion.

If you take all the guns away from those legitimately owning them the only people around that have them are people you government can use to squash you and people that should never have had them in the first place.

I hate to break the news to you, but the government has tanks and fighter jets, so if they really want to squash you, guns wouldn't be much protection.

Every time one gospel (often Matthew) says there were two of something, and another (often Mark) says there was one, that's just because... when there's two, there's one! Ka-ching!

That depends on the wording and the context. Sometimes it's a valid argument, while other times it's not.

The guns are not going to protect you against the goverment no... but don't forget who those are that fire those guns. they are your friends your neighbors your brothers and sisters. if they come to kill you simply because the guberment told them they kind of suck.

They really are to protect your against the local threat not the national one. They are to protect you in that way that if you have zero the criminal will have one and who wants to bring a knife to a gun fight.

I hate to break it to you but with your attitude we wouldn't even have an America to debate this over in.

God can't stop a child from getting raped because he gave people FREE WILL!

Wouldn't that still make it gods fault and sort of make him a douche?

If you take all the guns away from those legitimately owning them the only people around that have them are people you government can use to squash you and people that should never have had them in the first place.

I hate to break the news to you, but the government has tanks and fighter jets, so if they really want to squash you, guns wouldn't be much protection.

The guns are not going to protect you against the goverment no... but don't forget who those are that fire those guns. they are your friends your neighbors your brothers and sisters. if they come to kill you simply because the guberment told them they kind of suck.

They really are to protect your against the local threat not the national one. They are to protect you in that way that if you have zero the criminal will have one and who wants to bring a knife to a gun fight.

I hate to break it to you but with your attitude we wouldn't even have an America to debate this over in.

I hate to break it to you, but I don't have an "attitude." I was simply pointing out a fatal flaw in your comment about the government. If you assumed I'm anti-gun, then you've assumed wrong. One need not be anti-gun to recognize the fact that mere guns are no match for the military. I suggest that in the future you don't jump to conclusions about people's "attitudes."

A harder saying is Luke 6:30, in which they all  try to wriggle out from:

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/14205/does-luke-630-imply-that-the-person-asking-has-a-genuine-need

All this wriggling, explicating, and rationalizing to try to square a passage from a 2000-year-old book with their own instincts for justice. They're chained to a book. A BOOK.

• Like 1

I hate to break it to you, but I don't have an "attitude." I was simply pointing out a fatal flaw in your comment about the government. If you assumed I'm anti-gun, then you've assumed wrong. One need not be anti-gun to recognize the fact that mere guns are no match for the military. I suggest that in the future you don't jump to conclusions about people's "attitudes."

again that military is made of people that at least where i come from would not be going to kill their mothers fathers aunts and uncles...

You are condisending in the way your replied so I didn't assume anything.

again that military is made of people that at least where i come from would not be going to kill their mothers fathers aunts and uncles...

I was not condescending in the least. I was simply making a valid point, nothing more and nothing less. By reading more into it than what I actually said, you absolutely did make a faulty assumption.

It's fine, though. Message board conversations unfortunately have a greater tendency to lead to misunderstanding than verbal conversations, so it's no biggie.

Take care....

A few years ago I heard my dad quoting his vicar, who said "Sometimes God heals and sometimes God doesn't heal, and we don't know why".

I was not condescending in the least. I was simply making a valid point, nothing more and nothing less. By reading more into it than what I actually said, you absolutely did make a faulty assumption.

It's fine, though. Message board conversations unfortunately have a greater tendency to lead to misunderstanding than verbal conversations, so it's no biggie.

Take care....

I accept that you did not intend it to come across that way. It still did. I disagree and we can agree on that at least. I made no faulty assumption but that is my opinion just as yours is the opposite. Personally that is why I like message boards. In real life we could never be so blunt in most settings and that just wastes time when one is not.

I appreciate your bluntness. We don't have to agree at all and I won't feel bad about it because you were open about your intent and didn't hide behind some excuse.

There was misunderstanding but rather than waste more time on that lets just move to something else.

^^^ Thanks. I definitely didn't mean it the way you thought I did, which is why it was a faulty assumption. I was not being condescending, even if you thought I was. That's all.

Perhaps the hastiness of my initial reply was part of the problem. I should have elaborated a little more the first time around.

Take care....

A few years ago I heard my dad quoting his vicar, who said "Sometimes God heals and sometimes God doesn't heal, and we don't know why".

Of course, we ex-christians do know why.... ;)

• Like 2

Edit

Guest Furball

That the devil is fighting for your soul, when the bible says nothing remotely about that, and if it were true wouldn't god win without a fight seeing he is almighty god?-that people sell their souls to the devil when according to the bible, until or unless you are saved your soul ALREADY belongs to the devil-

the new excuse

situation: I asked them hard question

excuse: I don't have time, i'll come back to you later

long time later: still no answer, I forgot about it or still busy

• Like 2

the new excuse

situation: I asked them hard question

excuse: I don't have time, i'll come back to you later

long time later: still no answer, I forgot about it or still busy

Bingo! And also, you are taking it out of context.

The taking it out of content has to be a personal favourite of thiers.