Goodbye Jesus

More Faith Healing...

bfuddled

LINK TO ARTICLE

This makes me to angry. As a parent of a child with Type 1 Diabetes, I have seen first hand the agony and distress that a child experiences when they go into Diabetic Ketoacidosis. This child's death was totally preventable if they had sought medical attention instead of expecting some miraculous healing from God.

It makes me sick to think of the pain this child went thru. It's one thing to choose for yourself to not seek medical treatment, but making decisions like this about children is a totally different situation.

If these parents had neglected medical treatment for other reasons (non-religious), would they be charged more harshly? Do their intentions really matter in this case? Did the fact that they were witholding medical attention on the basis of religious beliefs rather than some other reason make their daughter's death any less excruciating for her? I don't think so. I don't see any reason why parents who do this kind of thing to their child should not be charged and thrown in prison.

I'm honestly asking for opinions here.... I can't come up with any good reasons why someone should get an exemption from being held responsible for their actions simply because they killed their daughter for "religious" reasons.

It's child abuse, pure and simple.  Same as the JWs and blood transfusions.  And parents who are anti-medicine and into woo.  Some children's lives get saved with the intervention of the courts but some children don't have time for that to happen.

:(

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Child sacrifice appeases the gods, even jehovah, apparently.

I think this one particularly hits home to me because of how she died. The few times that I've seen my daughter in DKA have been excruciating to watch. The labored breathing, the whimpering, going in and out of consciousness, the sickly white color. I couldn't find any details on if she had already been diagnosed prior to this or if they just never took her in. The sad thing is that if they had took her to the hospital she would have likely been "better" within a few days, with insulin. This girl could have lived a full and productive life.

LINK TO ARTICLE

This makes me to angry. As a parent of a child with Type 1 Diabetes, I have seen first hand the agony and distress that a child experiences when they go into Diabetic Ketoacidosis. This child's death was totally preventable if they had sought medical attention instead of expecting some miraculous healing from God.

It makes me sick to think of the pain this child went thru. It's one thing to choose for yourself to not seek medical treatment, but making decisions like this about children is a totally different situation.

If these parents had neglected medical treatment for other reasons (non-religious), would they be charged more harshly? Do their intentions really matter in this case? Did the fact that they were witholding medical attention on the basis of religious beliefs rather than some other reason make their daughter's death any less excruciating for her? I don't think so. I don't see any reason why parents who do this kind of thing to their child should not be charged and thrown in prison.

I'm honestly asking for opinions here.... I can't come up with any good reasons why someone should get an exemption from being held responsible for their actions simply because they killed their daughter for "religious" reasons.

Has the linked page been taken down. Can't find the blog at apartheid.com. is this a recent event? Has it been reported elsewhere?

...I meant patheos.com...Damn autocorrect...

So, because my sister replied to this FB post from creflo dollar, I saw it on my page. My.comment is shown on this screenshot (Steve Corley)

Screenshot_2014-08-11-17-18-25.png

I think I fixed it in the original, it's working for me?

The actual death was in 2013, they new part was wanting to exclude religious beliefs, I think that was a few months ago? I haven't been able to find anything really recent and I can't find when the trial is scheduled for.