Goodbye Jesus

Perry Stone...

zeldarocks

My dad has been listening to Perry Stone recently. Now for those who don't know, Perry Stone is a teacher of "prophecy," specializing in the Old and New Testament and how it applies to future events.  This should give you a good understanding of what this man preaches:

http://www.voe.org/prophecy-update/america-the-scary

Among the benign talk of prophecies among the Old and New Testaments is talk of the "RFID implants," "Obama-care," and "America's Judgement."

He claims to have inside knowledge as to what is coming to America, claiming among other things that he has been informed of an RFID system which will be the Mark of the Beast.

Now, I know his words are empty and that he might as well be a Conspiracy Theorist with a Christian front.

This guy has driven me crazy and filled me with a lot of fear, as he claims to have inside knowledge as to the coming AntiChrist system.

What do you guys think?

Any experience with this loon?

This was a recent advertisement for one of his "studies," complete with Conspiracy Theories.

Any time somebody tells you that they have "inside knowledge" be skeptical.

They are most likely full of shit and trying to sell you something.

• Like 2

People love to read and watch stuff that feeds their fear and imagination. It is exciting. Why else do they watch horror movies...psycho thrillers...Fear is a great industry.

Now what does the bible say about fear? It says that there is no fear in love and that love drives out fear. It also says that God is love. Combine the two and by that standard everything that scares you can't be something to consider. By that this guy is either in for the money, attention, deluding people, or just an undiagnosed disordered person who has no understanding of how crazy he is.

I would say: Stay away from everything that triggers fear in you. Especially if it is linked to religion. Once you are more stable you can observe why certain things trigger that fear. But until then you should seek the stuff that makes you happy. The things that help you to be the person you want to be. You are a good person! Don't let anyone make you a fear based whacko. There are enough of those around. They are no good for society.

You know, if there is a mark of the beast or not...what does it matter in your everyday life. If you are happy and loving you will be good. Even if God would be real. If he is love, as the bible says, he would be within you if you love. And therefore everyone who loves would be saved. So no worries.

You know, it's like once we're suckered into christianity, our mind becomes prepped for all kinds of government conspiracy crap during our service for the Lord. I bought into some of it as well, thanks to certain pastors/conspiracy theorists. There was another pastor into this, Barry Smith - mixing up conspiracies with the second coming.

I have heard of Perry Stone. A few years back he had this series called Rapture Revelation. It was 5 DVDs (10 hours) explaining the evidence of the Rapture. I figured if it takes 10 hours to explain why the Rapture is in the bible, then it can't be as crystal clear as he's making it out to be. I didn't realize he was right into the conspiracy stuff as well.

Personally I can't wait for the Mark of the Beast. It's not the fulfillment of prophecy, it's simply the next logical step for civilization. A microchip for currency, security, crime-prevention, etc. It makes total sense to me.

I don't know what to tell you about your fears of the anti-christ, etc. I can only suggest doing some more skeptical research into the claims of the bible. Because if you're satisfied that the bible has no legit basis, then none of its supposed prophecies will mean anything.

You may be interested in this:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD3DF0E2817D81B0D

It's a series of lectures by a Jewish rabbi, debunking a ton of christian claims. Yes he is a practicing Jew, but it's because of that that he's able to tell you what the Old Testament is actually saying. Blow after blow he demolishes typical christian beliefs about the Messiah, Daniel's 70 weeks (which your Perry Stone video was about), prophecies, the origin of Satan, and so on. The concept of an anti-christ will not make sense in light of the jewish understanding of Satan.

The whole thing about the mark of the beast is that Hebrews were forbidden to get tattoos, and it was a tattoo. Everyone forgets that.

Let's just remember that NOBODY will be able to hack the RFID chip implant and replace it with bogus information. NOBODY! Are you listening, MIT student?

I, for one, welcome our new AntiChrist overlords.  I am guessing that they will be better managers of this poor earth than our Christian leaders were.