Goodbye Jesus

In Faith And In Doubt Is Out Today

DrNo

The book "In Faith and in Doubt" by Dale McGowan is out today, for those of us in the unequally yoked club. Here's a blurb taken from it on 7 benefits to being in a relationship with a believer (note that this isn't referring to just staying together, but actually having a real relationship with someone).

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/08/12/the-seven-benefits-of-a-relationship-between-an-atheist-and-a-believer/

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up.  It's now on my Kindle.

Looks as though there are some valuable perspectives. I like this voiced by a respondent named Stephanie:

" I’ve reconciled with myself that people express abstract concepts through religion in good, helpful ways and in bad, harmful ways."

Sounds like a great book. I wonder how Christians view this? I don't personally feel like I need to deconvert my wife, and I can completely relate to what Human said. Even with the rough ups and downs that can happen. Of course, I've only been out for four months. But I wonder how Christians will react.

I hate to make this sound shallow, but if they did a show on television showing a well-adjusted unequally yoked marriage this would get a lot of attention. If it was reality TV, I'm afraid it would be spiteful and difficult because the producers would want to create angst. But still, I'm interested to see what the Christians come up with as a response to this. I think for many it would be easier, if stressful on the clergy, for them to see a interfaith couple featured on some television program or documentary, where they saw normal ups and downs with this stuff. I think it's inevitable. Who'd have thought 25 years ago that we would see openly gay people as just another part of TV dramas and programs, without making them the odd aberration.