Goodbye Jesus

Christians Claiming That Robin Williams Is Burning In Hell

Brother Jeff

I just posted this rant to Facebook. The idea that Christians could be so sadistic as to claim that Robin Williams is burning in hell after suffering so horribly that he took is own life is deeply offensive and it really pisses me off!!

This video is actually not about Robin Williams being in hell. It's a tribute to him that is well worth watching. But the author of it justifiably comes down hard on Christians who are so sadistically suggesting that Robin Williams is now burning in hell. 

There is no hell and Robin Williams is not there. I sincerely hope that he has found the peace in death that so eluded him in life. There is nothing more hellish in life than the suffering that deep depression causes. It is truly unbearable, and it drives many people to substance abuse or suicide. I know because I have been there. 

I cannot imagine a doctrine more evil, more sadistic, or more morally reprehensible than the doctrine of an eternal hell. I do not believe in God, but if he does exist and he is love as Christians claim, then hell cannot exist. The idea of a loving God and an eternal hell where human beings whom God claims to love suffer forever with no hope of reprieve are mutually exclusive and cannot be true at the same time. If hell exists, then God is a sadistic, evil monster. And, indeed, that is what the Bible clearly portrays him as. Sure, the Bible does say that God is love (1 John 4:8), but the majority of the text of the Bible does not support that claim. The Old Testament is full of accounts of God either ordering or directly committing mass murder and genocide. In Acts 5, God murders two people simply for lying to him about their finances. And in the exceedingly unlikely event that the book of Revelation were to come true in our day, BILLIONS of non-Christian people would die horrible deaths. I reject belief in God because there is absolutely NO evidence that a god of any kind actually exists. And I find the God of the Bible to be evil and absolutely unworthy of worship and the Bible hardly what I would consider the "word" of any God worth acknowledging and knowing, and I certainly would not want to spend eternity with such a being...

So for all of the Christians who are claiming that Robin Williams is burning in hell after suffering so horribly that he took his own life, FUCK YOU! Go fuck yourselves, ASSHOLES!! Your views are deeply offensive and have no place among decent, civilized people...

• Like 4

Robin Williams is in eternal slumber.  It is like the time before he was born.  No depression.

Suicide is a very bad thing.  But not because of any punishment the person gets in the afterlife.  Suicide is bad because of the harm it does to those left behind.

• Like 2

You know, if Robin Williams could somehow see this shit I think he'd find it funny.  That's what comedians do.

mwc

• Like 1

To declare that Robin Williams is in hell is to judge him, something contrary to most people's view of the Christian religion.

Anyone who would suggest that is an asshole!!!

• Super Moderator

I heard he had an eleventh hour conversion and accepted Jesus as his personal savior.

(Bazinga!)

Some hardcore Christians are just vultures. 

Seems like all the really cool, non-judgemental people will be in hell, and all the judgemental, holier than thou douchebags will be in heaven. (According to Christians.)

Hell doesn't sound half bad. ;)

• Like 1

Seems like all the really cool, non-judgemental people will be in hell, and all the judgemental, holier than thou douchebags will be in heaven. (According to Christians.)

Hell doesn't sound half bad. ;)

Avoid the Christian heaven at all costs. Seek, rather, what they call hell because it is the true heaven. ;)

Robin Williams is in eternal slumber.  It is like the time before he was born.  No depression.

Suicide is a very bad thing.  But not because of any punishment the person gets in the afterlife.  Suicide is bad because of the harm it does to those left behind.

My thoughts are with Robin William's family and friends. Survivors of suicide are always left with incredible grief and the hell of wondering what they might could have done that could have made a life-saving difference. Not just grief, but survivor's guilt. It's absolute hell all around... 

• Like 2

What sick twisted assholes. People wonder why I have zero respect for xtianity and xtians this is one big reason why. Who in the hell do they think they are?! Rotten nasty scumbags

• Like 1

^I agree. And these are the people who claim to have the market cornered on morality and human decency. Seriously, fuck anyone who kicks people while they're down and throws mud in the faces of grieving people. 

• Like 2

There was a post to one of the Robin Williams stories carried by CNN. It listed several things RW had done in his life (playing a woman in Mrs. Doubtfire for one) and said for these things he was possessed by the devil and in hell. There were over 700 "likes" to this post.

i couldn't decide what was more disturbing, the post or that so many people agreed with it.

• Like 1

On the other hand, "What Dreams May Come" is getting a lot of play on Netflix and similar sites where you can watch movies because fans like to see Robin Williams in Heaven.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-spirituality_n_5670268.html?ir=Religion

• Like 1

Unsurprising. They said that about Rick Warren's son.

Amazing that the son of a homophobic, Fundamentalist preacher can get more sympathy from atheists than from his fellow Fundamentalists.

• Like 5

What sick twisted assholes. People wonder why I have zero respect for xtianity and xtians this is one big reason why. Who in the hell do they think they are?! Rotten nasty scumbags

Sometimes I question if I made the right choice leaving Christianity. Episodes like this make me feel stupid for not leaving sooner

• Like 1

Many theists, Christians included, make all sorts of claims.  Some are childish, some are thoughtful, some are totally nuts and some demonstrate extreme psychologocal dysfunction.

Are you surprised that some Christians (a particularly virulent form of theism) would say such things?  I'm not surprised at all.

• Like 3

It's Dusty!

"We're gonna party down there forever and you motherfuckin Christians ain't invited!" Hahahahaha

Rest in peace, Robin.

The idea that Christians could be so sadistic as to claim that Robin Williams is burning in hell after suffering so horribly that he took is own life is deeply offensive and it really pisses me off!!

The Christians I come across on Facebook didn't directly say that Robin Williams was burning in hell, but you can just tell it had that condescending vibe. Especially when they pity the man roughly saying "it's sad he took his own life, if only he could have known Jesus things would have been sooooo much better!!"  rolleyes.gif

Some Christians, like my wife, are a lot more reasonable in their beliefs about the afterlife. Some choose not to pass judgment about anyone's supposed fate after death. I can respect this as an attempt to be humane. But damn it! So many, who take their beliefs too seriously, have these twisted, evil notions of who goes to heaven and hell. These beliefs are poisonous and completely contradictory of the idea of a loving god who would go to any lengths to save humanity. I second the post. I don't believe in a god because there is no evidence for one. But if there is one, it certainly isn't the god of the bible. Bible god, who is actually different god concepts claimed to be the same one, is nothing but a contradiction. I think Robin Williams lived the best life he could an made the most of what he had. If he gets no reprieve for this, and is punished eternally for simply not believing the correct thing, then I want nothing to do with a god who does such a thing.

• Like 2

To no-ones surprise, it is reported the WBC are to picket Williams’s funeral. What a bunch of disturbing life-hating, misery spreading clowns these Christians are.

At least they can’t do that crap over here. They are banned from the UK on account of the hatred they preach. Although to be fair we do have our own watered down version in Christian Voice, led by a man, whose ex-wife has some things to say about her Christian ex husband here:

http://freethinker.co.uk/2011/01/29/uk%E2%80%99s-craziest-evangelist-stephen-green-exposed-as-a-dictatorial-violent-monster/

I heard he had an eleventh hour conversion and accepted Jesus as his personal savior.

(Bazinga!)

Some hardcore Christians are just vultures. 

Damn straight.  Just like John Wayne and my atheist grandfather, according to the preacher my family hired for his funeral. 

To no-ones surprise, it is reported the WBC are to picket Williams’s funeral. What a bunch of disturbing life-hating, misery spreading clowns these Christians are.

At least they can’t do that crap over here. They are banned from the UK on account of the hatred they preach. Although to be fair we do have our own watered down version in Christian Voice, led by a man, whose ex-wife has some things to say about her Christian ex husband here:

http://freethinker.co.uk/2011/01/29/uk%E2%80%99s-craziest-evangelist-stephen-green-exposed-as-a-dictatorial-violent-monster/

I'm actually more offended by your British laws banning free speech than I am a handful of crazies who picket funerals.  The problem with banning speech that offends some is that only the majority opinion gets a free pass. 

• Like 2

It take more than a lick of bark from a crazy tree to make a man such as Williams do what he did so well. It seems too that what made him so damn good at his craft led to his punching out.

He was good in public making millions of us laugh, cry, and wonder "...just how the fuck does that cat do the insane shit he does?"

Whatever brought him to that edge and had him step over I would curse it. 

The thought I had in trying to draw my thoughts up for this post were in closing that Robin's Funny Stardust will scattered through the galaxy, may they inspire words and worlds to come.

kevinL

• Like 3

I'm actually more offended by your British laws banning free speech than I am a handful of crazies who picket funerals.  The problem with banning speech that offends some is that only the majority opinion gets a free pass. 

I suspect every country suppresses free speech no matter what its laws say……..

The fact that Edward Snowden has had to run to Putin for being a whistle blower suggests Uncle Sam isn't as keen as freedom as he says he is. Not that the UK has anything to gloat on……..

The American government is the bully of the world that demands you hand over your sweets and the British government is its fat kid side-kick that willingly tags along.

I have been to Russia once (St Petersburg actually), we were warned by the tour leader not to wander off and my wife works with an ex-pat Russian who claims its dangerous. I can't say for certain what the free-speech laws are like over there, but having been , I got the vibe, the government historically  hasn't been terribly keen on dissent and holding opinions contrary to the state.

I find the UK and US governments are generally as bad as each other, despite being "champions of freedom". The American people I have found to be usually very charming, ditto with the people I met in New Zealand, which is quite possibly the most beautiful country I have ever visited. I did get to chat to one friendly local woman when I was in Russia, but engaging the locals appeared to be frowned on : (

With free speech where do we draw the line. There was a case in the US years ago (I can't remember all the ins and outs), which basically said freedom of speech does not allow you to stand up in a crowed theatre and shout fire. I take a common sense approach.Is free speech OK if said speech is being used to  harass, humiliate or terrify people for the purpose of inflicting malicious harm upon them. I would say no. I would rather a family could bury a loved one in peace and dignity, than allow bug eyed Bible clowns to have the freedom to scream abuse at them from outside the service. I suspect this was the purpose of the WBC visit to Britain and as such the home secretary was right to deny their entry.

I agree free speech is suppressed in the US.  But the unfortunate reality is, it happens by breaking the laws on the books.  It's truly unfortunate, IMO, that the UK has seen fit to actually legislate the censorship of speech simply based on the fact some find it offensive. 

Regarding Snowden, he had to run not because he exercised free speech, but because he stole and then published classified material.  I'm fully in support of what he did, but I'm under no illusion that it wasn't an act of civil disobedience. 

• Like 2

I accept your point on the stealing of material. What ever the Whitehouse thinks, I consider Snowden has far better values then it’s President 

• Like 4