Goodbye Jesus

11 Years Ago, Today

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator

Happy De-conversion day!  Here's a song to help you celebrate:  Born again, again by the talented Keri Noble.  Enjoy!

That was a very nice song.  Thanks Lucynia!

• Super Moderator

To buffetphan and Marty,

I celebrate this day because the final epiphany occurred on it.  Like both of you, though, there was a long and slow process involved.  Remember at the age of four years old I ripped up my Sunday-go-to-meeting shirt; because even then, I thought something was just not right about religion.  I'm glad I have a particular date that I can connect with each year; and I would encourage everyone to set aside a particular day to celebrate their deconversion, even if you have to pick a day at random.

Congrats, Prof!

It's great that you have a specific date to commemorate the conclusion of your process. Like some of the others here, my deconversion lasted for several years. I can probably identify some general timeframes, such as a year and a season, when this or that phase occurred. I know the date of the last time I attended a worship service and heard a sermon, because it was on my birthday. There was a time when I posted to my facebook friends that I no longer viewed Jesus in the religious sense but instead in a totally humanistic sense. Maybe I can recall that date and use it as a marker. Otherwise, I'll continue using my birthday as the anniversary date. Thanks for posting your anniversary announcement. It's got me to thinking of my own. I hope you had a great time celebrating with your loved ones!

Peace,

Human

I had a wonderful time yesterday reflecting back over the past 11 years and remembering all the good times and even the bad times.  I'm glad you've also got a date you can use.

Congrats, Redneck.

I will celebrate my 1st deconversion birthday here on 1 March 2015. You're invited. ;)

• Super Moderator

Congrats, Redneck.

I will celebrate my 1st deconversion birthday here on 1 March 2015. You're invited. wink.png

I can't wait!

Redneck Professor / Dave:

I congratulate you and also want to say, as a recently out deconverted, your posts are very helpful, often witty, sometimes bring out the lighter side of this whole deconversion business, and leave me a lot to chew on afterwards. Yours were some really good ones which I read during the phase I lurked on this site as a guest.

So, congratulations and thank you sir!

• Super Moderator

Redneck Professor / Dave:

I congratulate you and also want to say, as a recently out deconverted, your posts are very helpful, often witty, sometimes bring out the lighter side of this whole deconversion business, and leave me a lot to chew on afterwards. Yours were some really good ones which I read during the phase I lurked on this site as a guest.

So, congratulations and thank you sir!

Well, Leo, knowing that my words have helped another through the process is really the best deconversion day gift a guy could be given.  Thank you kindly, good sir.

Congratulations buddy, you've been free many years now and can keep progressing and blossoming now that shitty evil abortion of a religion is out ur life.

• Super Moderator

Congratulations buddy, you've been free many years now and can keep progressing and blossoming now that shitty evil abortion of a religion is out ur life.

I don't know that I'd use the word "blossoming", but I take your point.

• Super Moderator

Congratulations Professor. A wonderful realisation indeed.

Someday you'll be here, too, Henry.

Happy Apostasy Day, Professor! I hope I get to see 11 years as an ex-Christian. Hell, I'm only 24, I cant wait until the day that I will have spent more of my life as a non believer than I did as a believer. I hope you get to that point and many more. May the force be with you. :D

• Super Moderator

Happy Apostasy Day, Professor! I hope I get to see 11 years as an ex-Christian. Hell, I'm only 24, I cant wait until the day that I will have spent more of my life as a non believer than I did as a believer. I hope you get to that point and many more. May the force be with you. biggrin.png

Good on you for getting out so young.