Goodbye Jesus

Atheist Mockers & Christian Simpletons -- Proverbs 3:32

Llwellyn

"Every mocker is an abomination to the Lord, and his communication is with the simple."  Proverbs 3:32.  Christianity does not market itself to the sharp, but to the dull.  There is no way that an intelligent person is going to accept the doctrine of divine wrath -- instead they are going to mock it.  Thus, Christianity understands its natural constituency of the mouth breathers, window-lickers, and paint-chip eaters.

admin-ajax.jpg

• Like 5

we could point this all day until we are blue in the face and there will STILL be these simpletons who push this "we're being mocked so it must be true" bs

• Super Moderator

I am soooooo tempted to print that proverb and tape it to every bible, religious book, picture, etc. in my house.  It would cause a big fight, so I won't.    But ohhhhhhhhhhhh the fantasy of doing so!   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I know some very intelligent Christians, except for when it comes to their religious beliefs. I don't think it's fair to refer to them, as individuals, using such derogatory terms. I agree that religions are totally false, but I don't think demeaning everyone associated with them is in any way helpful.

Just saying.

• Like 2

The problem is when their religion bleeds into their politics, and my civil rights, which it does. And when it does, I will call out stupid.

• Like 1

I know some very intelligent Christians, except for when it comes to their religious beliefs. I don't think it's fair to refer to them, as individuals, using such derogatory terms. I agree that religions are totally false, but I don't think demeaning everyone associated with them is in any way helpful.

Just saying.

You're right, of course!  Even so, there is some satisfaction to using the word "window-licker" on occasion.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Well, we were all (or most of us) Xtians in the past. I always think of "stupid" as a permanent condition. Stupid people are not at fault for being that way. It is just that we exchrstians get so frustrated

at not being able to lob "reason" over Xtians' wall of defenses that we (or at least  I) can lose our perspective at times and hurl hyperboles at apologists and even ordinary Xtians. When that is done we lose our effectiveness and cause our adversaries to dismiss our points as the ravings of angry atheists out of control. And we all know that Xtians are not stupid for the most part, but merely ignorant and misguided. Most of the time our over reaction causes no harm since Xtians rarely listen to reason, anyway, But once in a while we may lose a Xtian who is truly searching because of our overreaction. It is something to think about. bill

"Every mocker is an abomination to the Lord, and his communication is with the simple."  Proverbs 3:32.  Christianity does not market itself to the sharp, but to the dull.  There is no way that an intelligent person is going to accept the doctrine of divine wrath -- instead they are going to mock it.  Thus, Christianity understands its natural constituency of the mouth breathers, window-lickers, and paint-chip eaters.

admin-ajax.jpg

Did you just call almost everyone here a mouth breather, window licker and paint chip eater?  Ouch!

"Stupid is as stupid does"

~ Forrest Gump

Just saying.

you have a point. it IS not fair to refer to them in this way... not all of them.

there are those who will cover their ears to anything opposition has to say and dismiss anything that would dare attack their 'sacred holy religion' while crying persecution and pushing their religion in legislature and wishing that atheists would just shut up about their views.

and then... there are those who just simply have not heard any opposition. or have only heard angry hate speeches shown to them by other christians.

• Like 1

Believing in talking snakes and the creation myth is just plain stupid. Christian butt hurt be damned.

• Like 3

Just saying.

I agree and would request this of christians to stop being so judgemental and demeaning of those that believe in their own way which in the US is their born right.

• Like 1

Just saying.

I agree and would request this of christians to stop being so judgemental and demeaning of those that believe in their own way which in the US is their born right.

Good point. Concur.

Just saying.

Gay people, atheists, pagans, etc. Have all been called worse by xtians. Just sayin. When xtians stop calling be a pervert, a animal fucker, a child molester, the cause of every natural disaster, when they butt out of everyone's lives, out of laws, when they stop lying, whipping up violence, and death, and not to mention apologize sincerely. Then I'll stop calling them stupid, not until then.

• Like 2

Did you just call almost everyone here a mouth breather, window licker and paint chip eater?  Ouch!

I have never been a window licker or a paint chip eater!

(I will need to buy a new box of Breathe-Right nasal strips soon, though.)