Non Believers And Free Thinkers--You Are In Good Company!

Bluechipx

I guess I always believed that our founding fathers were Christians for some delusional reason. These quotes by our founding fathers and many other great thinkers shows that we are in great company!

For some reason I am not able to post a link to one of my favorite videos that really helped me in the deconversion process. Just go to youtube and type in "the quote machine" by netwriter. It is a real eye opener to learn about the way the greatest minds of our recent history viewed religion.

• Super Moderator

Great video.  Thanks for the info.  I'll try to post a link.  Fingers crossed.  

And welcome to Ex-C, Bluechipx!

Yes, indeed, our Founding Fathers had some very revealing things to say about Christianity. Most of them were deists, and were not friendly to the Christian religion as it existed in their day at all. The Treaty of Tripoli specifically states that the USA was not founded upon the Christian religion, and Thomas Jefferson created his own Bible, which is still available today. He cut out all of the supernatural bullshit and other stuff he didn't like and left the good stuff in. Needless to say, Jefferson's Bible is considerably thinner than an average New Testament. Glory!