Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

Some asshat left a parking ticket on my windshield today in the grocery store parking lot. I know for a fact I wasn't illegally parked so I examined it. Wasn't for my car, the color and manufacturer was the same, but the plate number wasn't mine.

Threw it away. Good luck when that ticket comes due Mr. Asshole who tried to dupe me into paying his fine.

• Like 2

I use my bass guitar as a footstool. 

It was finally warm enough here today for me to sit on my steps and cut my toenails outside.  I'm using this thread to keep track of how often I clip them, but I don't feel like looking back through the posts to get the dates when I cut them last. I'll do that tomorrow if I'm bored.

It was finally warm enough here today for me to sit on my steps and cut my toenails outside.  I'm using this thread to keep track of how often I clip them, but I don't feel like looking back through the posts to get the dates when I cut them last. I'll do that tomorrow if I'm bored.

Thanks for the reminder.  I need to trim my fingernails.

^^^  No problem, TF.   Glad my experience helped you out a little.

OK, so I cut my toenails on 28 July, 2015, again on 3 November, 2015, and then of course yesterday 17 April, 2016.  I never did get new clippers like I mentioned in November, but I didn't cut my toes to ribbons this time either. I think there are two main reasons. One is that I lost a little more weight, and the other is that arthritis hasn't been bothering me as badly as it was then, so it's easier to bend over to get at my toes. Also, I took my socks off first this time.

I'm joking of course about taking my socks off first this time. I took my socks off first all of the times.

I took ContraBardus' advice and numbered my toes 11 - 20, but I made a mistake and wrote the numbers on the tips of my toenails, and once I started clipping I lost some of the numbers and the whole system fell apart for me. I finally just decided to clip just the ones that weren't already clipped, and that worked out ok for this time.

I'm joking of course about actually numbering them. I'm smart enough that if I had numbered them I would have written the numbers on the big parts of my toes in between my toe knuckles. 

I have a problem with the three dates though. I don't know how to interpret the data, or if I even have enough data to interpret. Is there anyone that can at least tell me if I wait too long between clippings, or does it seem that I do it often enough to keep pace with the average toenail clipping time of everyone else.  You can probably tell that I'm leaning towards thinking I wait too long.

I don't want to rely on the internet for data on how often the average person cuts their toenails because there are too many crackpots out there and god only knows what information I'd have to sort through that could be bogus. 

• Like 1

I find that the time that I can go between clippings varies depending on my diet.  If I take calcium and magnesium supplements they grow faster and aren't as brittle.  It also helps to take a hot shower first if I want a clean cut.

• 1 month later...

I want to bump this thread, but I can't think of anything to say.

Ugh. Had to root out a Bitminer virus today. Was a huge pain.

It's a nasty little program that takes over your GPU and/or CPU and runs it to mine for Bitcoins, and sends them to the one who wrote the virus. It's really hard on your hardware to do and can burn through a GPU or CPU quickly.

After about twenty minutes it would start running both my GPUs at around 80-90%. It was clever in that it didn't boot right away and I only noticed it was there because my PC started getting loud even when I was just sitting on my desktop. The file date said it was installed today, so it didn't do too much damage. Pretty sure I got it from a Brutal Doom 20b Launcher torrent download. It's a mod, not a retail game. Didn't come with the Doom.wad files included, and a pre-install scan came up clean.

None of the usual virus stuff could root it out. Malwarebites, Roguekiller, Avast, Defender, CCleaner, AdwCleaner, etc. It was effectively invisible to all of it. Did every type of scan at that, spent most of the day doing that, and watching anime while the scans were going.

Had a tough time figuring it out even with my processes window, Open Hardware Monitor, and Process Explorer. It was running my GPUs hard, but was somehow masking the usage so it didn't show up in any process monitors as running the GPU, even though Hardware Monitors clearly showed the GPUs were running hard.

Finally spotted it in my Processes list after I rebooted and waited for it to kick on. It ticked the CPU usage a little, but it was surprisingly light usage considering which is why I didn't notice it because of CPU usage, probably a measure to help mask its presence. Nasty little bastard, looked like a legit Realtek process right down to the .exe name. Nuked it off my PC and all is well now.

Was annoyed by it, but I've got to give props to whoever made the damn thing. It was a pain to root out and a very well made piece of malware. Sent it off to Avast and VirusTotal to be added to the database of shit to kill for AV programs.

Yawn......

yelrotflmao.gif

Is there anyone that can at least tell me if I wait too long between clippings, or does it seem that I do it often enough to keep pace with the average toenail clipping time of everyone else.  

I find if you paint them (do a light pink for a man - not bright red) the polish grows up and away from the bottom of the toe. When it's up abut 1/4 inch from the toe, it's time to clip them. Or if you don't feel like clipping them at the time, you can just add more paint to the bottom of the toenails. You can't do this for a long time because eventually they look like this....

Hint: Don't do black, it shows up to quickly....

200130885-001-man-on-tip-toes-with-long-

• Super Moderator

Ok, Dude...it's up to you to keep us posted at least every 30 days* on your toenail clipping saga.  Pressure's on.   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

*threads lock automatically after no posts in 30 days

el nino is back

I loved that movie furball! The second one comes out this summer.....yellow.gif 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHTswhP9Mu0

Ok, Dude...it's up to you to keep us posted at least every 30 days* on your toenail clipping saga.  Pressure's on.   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Buff, did anyone tell you how much you are appreciated around here lately? kiss.gif

Well, I must go iron my clean curtains.....

• Super Moderator

Awwwwww...shucks.   Thanks, Margee.  You're the bestest.  Love ya!    10.gif

I'll do my best but I have a problem. If I don't clip my toenails every thirty days -and I don't- then there isn't anything to report. I have to keep myself honest if my frequency of clippings data is to mean anything.

Maybe everyone that reads this will help keep the thread going in a boring way? I hope so.

Ha Margee!  In #2062 I saw what you did there. That was funny!  

• Like 1

Four hours OT, and I'm the only person in the building. So much potential for anarchy, but that would be anything but boring. 

Ha Margee!  In #2062 I saw what you did there. That was funny!  

Dude, I  want your feet to look good this summer cause I care about you. Ain't nothin' worse than a man's feet not lookin' good in his summer shoes so when I saw this yesterday, I thought I would send it to you cause it's another hint for good lookin' man's feet.

Hint: Always shave your feet to go nicely with your toenails.

13174141_1084164698307743_86238055632118943_n.jpg

I clicked on the link to this thread...

Then I just typed the previous post...

I did it again...

• Like 1

I tried it too Storm. That was interesting.

• Super Moderator

Maybe everyone that reads this will help keep the thread going in a boring way? I hope so.

Yes..we all have to rally together!  Unite!  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif 10.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

i'm going to bed. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.