Goodbye Jesus

David Blaine

BuddhistCommunist

Think of if David blaine was around instead of jesus. I think that anyone that can unlock the kinds of "tricks" or "powers" that he has would definately get most people to follow him 2000 years ago.

So tell me what jesus did back then that David blaine, any other magician or an eastern asian healer can't do.

peace,

BC

Think of if David blaine was around instead of jesus. I think that anyone that can unlock the kinds of "tricks" or "powers" that he has would definately get most people to follow him 2000 years ago.

So tell me what jesus did back then that David blaine, any other magician or an eastern asian healer can't do.

peace,

BC

Oh, is he the guy that sticks his hand through a plate glass window to remove a watch and then puts it back? Or is that Criss Angel? On Criss' website, he sells a DVD that teaches anyone how to levitate. It says that gimmick materials are needed and cost about 125.00. :HaHa:

There are some people that say that if one can truly understand the nature of reality, then it is possible for people to actually walk on water or do anything else that is within the realm of reality. It has to do with consciousness affecting reality. I have no idea if this is possible or not. Who knows? I tend to believe that it never really happened myself. :shrug:

Oh, is he the guy that sticks his hand through a plate glass window to remove a watch and then puts it back? Or is that Criss Angel? On Criss' website, he sells a DVD that teaches anyone how to levitate. It says that gimmick materials are needed and cost about 125.00. :HaHa:

There are a couple of levitation tricks. I can perform one that's the simplest one. No extra materials needed. And I know a couple of the other ones that need some stuff. The most advanced one actually costs a couple of grand, and I don't know what's in that package, but they say that you get a bit disappointed when opening it, because the stuff is so simple.

The trick I know, I showed to a co-worker, and I shocked her, she really thought I did levitate. Pretty funny. And I'm not that experienced, and never practiced it.

There are a couple of levitation tricks. I can perform one that's the simplest one. No extra materials needed. And I know a couple of the other ones that need some stuff. The most advanced one actually costs a couple of grand, and I don't know what's in that package, but they say that you get a bit disappointed when opening it, because the stuff is so simple.

The trick I know, I showed to a co-worker, and I shocked her, she really thought I did levitate. Pretty funny. And I'm not that experienced, and never practiced it.

Well...is that all you're gonna say??? You can PM me with the trick if you want to. :wicked: Is there some initiation I need to pass first? hehehe

Tsk Tsk - Are you going to leave us haging in thin air here? (No pun intended)

:grin:

REALLY now Hans! Spill the beans dude! We can take up a collection or something if you want money. :P

Now I know why Lando Calrissian called you a scoundrel! :vent:

REALLY now Hans! Spill the beans dude! We can take up a collection or something if you want money. :P

Yes, Han, please tell us. I so wanna show that trick off to my friends. You can PM to those interested.

Interested.
It looks like Han is ignoring this thread now. :Hmm:

C'mon Han, we all know that you see every single new post that is made to this forum. Let's go! It's time to spill the beans, bud. :scratch:

How do you do it?

How do you do it?
I guess he's a bit reluctant to tell us that he was just sitting/standing on his tip toes. :wicked:

So I take it no one is disagreeing with my assessment

He's just been sworn to secrecy. See, Hans, how some people think they need to hide things from others? hehehe

There are some people that say that if one can truly understand the nature of reality, then it is possible for people to actually walk on water or do anything else that is within the realm of reality. It has to do with consciousness affecting reality. I have no idea if this is possible or not. Who knows? I tend to believe that it never really happened myself. :shrug:

You play Mage: the Ascesion, don't ya?

So I take it no one is disagreeing with my assessment

It would appear that way. :)

I hate David Blaine.

Noises coming from my butt are more magical.

If he ever locks himself in a box again, I'm going to steal the key and lose it.

At least David Copperfield had some stage presence.

No, but is it that game that you play on the computer with other people and pay a monthly fee to use it? My nephew was playing that game last night and I never heard about it before and he asked me if I knew what a mage was and I said sorcerer and he said that I was the only one that got it right. uh huh..go me...uh huh! Oh, sorry. :HaHa: I saw a little bit of it and it looked cool and then I dreamed about it and now you mention it! :eek::eek: Key up the twilight zone music! Sorry, I'm just in a weird mood today! :grin:

:HaHa: The levitation post gave a bit of a "flurry" here, and in my "hurry" I forgot which thread I posted it in.

Okay, I better give it up, or I'll get virtual tomatoes in my face.

You gonna hate me for how silly this trick is, but it is one of the tricks they actually use.

No equipment needed. But have regular long pants, and the kind of shoes you wear can effect the visual a bit.

Damn, see if I can explain this, it's so much easier to show...

... Look, this is how you do it... j/k

You standing partially away from the spectator. I prefer to show my left shoulder/back to the person.

Both feet on the ground.

Start pushing yourself up with your right foot (the one not facing the viewer), but keep the left foot straight forward like it still was on the ground. Make sure the left foot and leg hides the right foot.

So basically your lifting yourself and your left foot, and standing on the ball/toes on your right, but the viewer only see the left foot and leg because of the diagonal angle. Left foot and leg hiding the right foot pushing you up.

Did it make sense?

If done right, and in front of someone that doesn't know how it's done, and keep your arms out for balance but make it look like Jesus ascending to the sky (have your head facing forward in "concentration" or upwards for "Jesus watching the sky")

It looks spooky.

Some of the other tricks are done with thin/superstrong strings and a plate... ooops... I'm revealing too much!

How do you do it?
I guess he's a bit reluctant to tell us that he was just sitting/standing on his tip toes. :wicked:

Kind of funny comment, since the trick involves standing on tip-toe. :HaHa:

No, but is it that game that you play on the computer with other people and pay a monthly fee to use it? My nephew was playing that game last night and I never heard about it before and he asked me if I knew what a mage was and I said sorcerer and he said that I was the only one that got it right. uh huh..go me...uh huh! Oh, sorry. :HaHa: I saw a little bit of it and it looked cool and then I dreamed about it and now you mention it! :eek::eek: Key up the twilight zone music! Sorry, I'm just in a weird mood today! :grin:

Actually....not quite. You were probably watching World of Warcraft or Everquest 2. Mage: the Ascension is a pen and paper RPG from White Wolf. I joking suggested it because your whole thoery with "conciousness affecting reality" is the exact basis of the game's story. Just in case your curious, heres a link. Eerie, no?

Wiki's article on Mage: the Ascension

How do you do it?

Kind of funny comment, since the trick involves standing on tip-toe. :HaHa:

Most of them do. :)

Actually....not quite. You were probably watching World of Warcraft or Everquest 2. Mage: the Ascension is a pen and paper RPG from White Wolf. I joking suggested it because your whole thoery with "conciousness affecting reality" is the exact basis of the game's story. Just in case your curious, heres a link. Eerie, no?

Wiki's article on Mage: the Ascension

Wow...that does look cool! Thanks for the link...I'll have to ask my nephew which game it is he is playing. :thanks: