Goodbye Jesus

Some New Facts About Psychopaths

chrisassaf

Also, the writer of the original article also says that an MRI scan of a psychopath's brain shows that it functions differently than an average person's brain.

Yeah, you know...the brain of someone who has ADD functions differently then an average person's brain...and an MRI shows that...the brain of a trisomy 21 child functions differently then an average persons brain and an MRI probably shows that too...

Now if psychopaths would be non human beings created by god, how come the same parents can have two children and one of them has psychopathic traits while the other one is perfectly normal? I mean, does a woman have non human genetical material within her? Do men produce non human genetic materials in their balls?

How come psychopaths can reproduce and have perfectly non psychopathic children...? This claim of psychopaths not being human beings is about as ridiculous as the story of angels having sexual intercourse with humans and therefore having children with them...

I know this article might make perfect sense to you and I can imagine it would have to me while still a christian...but the more I learn about people and life the less I can accept those weird claims and explanations of todays world. Stop reading pseudo science and start reading some of the real stuff please before you post such BS. Really.

• Like 2

@chrisassaf, that is interesting speculation in the article you linked. I was reading "A Very Short Introduction to Consciousness" and one of the issues the author discussed was: how do we know other people are conscious? So this idea that psychopaths don't have souls is somewhat similar.

There is evidence that head injuries sometimes cause people to become psychopaths. Assuming the claims in the OP's link are true, then head injuries can make a human with a soul into a non-human without a soul. Souls are supposed to survive physical death, so does it make sense that a head injury would kill a soul? Or maybe the head injury breaks the link between the body and the soul?

Also, there is a spectrum between a total empath that won't hurt a fly and a total psychopath. Does that mean that most people are only half human? Or maybe some souls are bigger than other souls? Or some souls are better connected to their bodies than other souls?

Finally, how does believing that psychopaths do not have souls change anything? Should we simply exterminate them like mosquitos since they aren't humans?

I would stay away from those crazy websites. I am interested in UFOs, so I know all about crazy websites. I try to fact-check through google and wikipedia. Usually after researching a little, I discover that exciting idea that has caught my imagination is just a lot of nonsense. It's a little disappointing, but I prefer to know the truth.

Quote from wikipedia on psychopath head injuries:

Researchers have linked head injuries with psychopathy and violence. Since the 1980s, scientists have associated traumatic brain injury, such as damage to the prefrontal cortex, including the orbitofrontal cortex, with psychopathic behavior and an inability to make morally and socially acceptable decisions. Children with early damage in the prefrontal cortex may never fully develop social or moral reasoning and become "psychopathic individuals ... characterized by high levels of aggression and antisocial behavior performed without guilt or empathy for their victims." Additionally, damage to the amygdala may impair the ability of the prefrontal cortex to interpret feedback from the limbic system, which could result in uninhibited signals that manifest in violent and aggressive behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
  • Like 2

@chrisassaf, that is interesting speculation in the article you linked. I was reading "A Very Short Introduction to Consciousness" and one of the issues the author discussed was: how do we know other people are conscious? So this idea that psychopaths don't have souls is somewhat similar.

There is evidence that head injuries sometimes cause people to become psychopaths. Assuming the claims in the OP are true, then head injuries can make a human with a soul into a non-human without a soul. Souls are supposed to survive physical death, so does it make sense that a head injury would kill a soul? Or maybe the head injury breaks the link between the body and the soul?

Also, there is a spectrum between a total empath that won't hurt a fly and a total psychopath. Does that mean that most people are only half human? Or maybe some souls are bigger than other souls? Or some souls are better connected to their bodies than other souls?

Finally, how does believing that psychopaths do not have souls change anything? Should we simply exterminate them like mosquitos since they aren't humans?

I would stay away from those crazy websites. I am interested in UFOs, so I know all about crazy websites. I try to fact-check through google and wikipedia. Usually after researching a little, I discover that exciting idea that has caught my imagination is just a lot of nonsense. It's a little disappointing, but I prefer to know the truth.

Quote from wikipedia on psychopath head injuries:

Researchers have linked head injuries with psychopathy and violence. Since the 1980s, scientists have associated traumatic brain injury, such as damage to the prefrontal cortex, including the orbitofrontal cortex, with psychopathic behavior and an inability to make morally and socially acceptable decisions. Children with early damage in the prefrontal cortex may never fully develop social or moral reasoning and become "psychopathic individuals ... characterized by high levels of aggression and antisocial behavior performed without guilt or empathy for their victims." Additionally, damage to the amygdala may impair the ability of the prefrontal cortex to interpret feedback from the limbic system, which could result in uninhibited signals that manifest in violent and aggressive behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Directionless, Since I deconverted and have taken a huge interest in evolution, I have also been studying human behavior including Psychopathy for well over a year. It is a most interesting subject.

Your observations are right on!! You have made many good points today. Another thing that can happen to the human animal (because of consciousness) is they can take on the same traits as a psychopath by having too many hurts in their lives. The human brain can lose the ability to function properly after too many disasters, heartbreaks and loss in their life. Many people lose their ability to empathize. This happens a lot to high empathetic people. Lots of people turn bitter and angry as much as they try to stay loving and kind. The brain can only take so much trauma before it starts to shut down all the healthy systems. Thus, we have the horrible stress response that can literally take us to our graves if we don't learn how to manage the pain.

The brain is an amazing thing. Maybe if god could stop all the flooding, tsunamis, earthquakes and chaos on earth, we wouldn't have so many depressed, hurting people in life.  People have ended up in mental institutions for the hurts they go through. People start drinking and drugs to make them feel a little happiness or anything else that makes a human feel a little bit of happiness.That's why there is so much addiction in the world.. These things alone can make one have the traits of a non-violet psychopath because they affect the brain. 

He surely is a shitty god. He did not do a good job when he created his humans.

Also I would wonder why God would create non human beings as psychopaths. Like: Hey Jesus and Holy Spirit, what do you guys think, isn't life on earth just too easy? You know, I got this idea...lets create psychopaths. Because you know, earthquakes, volcano outbursts, hurricanes, famine, poverty, wars, accidents, death and sickness isn't enough for them to bear. They need to be challenged by wicked beings who have no soul and no consciousness. They need some real bad people who be mean to them, who murder, rape or emotionally abuse them. Who damage them to a point, they lose all their ability to love all together and their self esteem as well. Yeah, don't you think I am a genius? So lets get started! It ll be a hell lot of fun!

• Like 6

Also I would wonder why God would create non human beings as psychopaths. Like: Hey Jesus and Holy Spirit, what do you guys think, isn't life on earth just too easy? You know, I got this idea...lets create psychopaths. Because you know, earthquakes, volcano outbursts, hurricanes, famine, poverty, wars, accidents, death and sickness isn't enough for them to bear. They need to be challenged by wicked beings who have no soul and no consciousness. They need some real bad people who be mean to them, who murder, rape or emotionally abuse them. Who damage them to a point, they lose all their ability to love all together and their self esteem as well. Yeah, don't you think I am a genius? So lets get started! It ll be a hell lot of fun!

Moan...you are sooooooo sarcastic!!  I want to be your best friend!! yellow.gif

firedevil.gif

Somehow it happens Margee :) Best forum friends.

Last week someone asked me why I was so cynical...I thought: What? Have I been cynical? Cool...

• Like 1

Somehow it happens Margee smile.png Best forum friends.

Last week someone asked me why I was so cynical...I thought: What? Have I been cynical? Cool...

Maybe we are the soulless ones???Wendytwitch.gif  Maybe we are not human!!!!!eek.gif

I guess our souls left us and went to heaven...so our bodies will burn in hell forever while our souls will live in heaven forever...or something like that. I mean it's souls...they are eternal, no? And if we have been Christians at one point, we must have had souls.

So be aware you christians...there are at least two crazy people without souls out there on the forums zDuivel7.gif who, especially when confronted with a chosen or natural stupidness throw out sarcasm and even cynism...while enjoying themselves PageofCupsBounce99.gif icon_lol.gif clap.gif 58.gif PageofCupsBounce99.gif

• Like 1

I had a soul once.  But I traded it to the Devil for a sandwich.  It was a very good sandwich.

• Like 5

Love me a good sandwich!

• Like 1

Your observations are right on!! You have made many good points today. Another thing that can happen to the human animal (because of consciousness) is they can take on the same traits as a psychopath by having too many hurts in their lives. The human brain can lose the ability to function properly after too many disasters, heartbreaks and loss in their life. Many people lose their ability to empathize. This happens a lot to high empathetic people. Lots of people turn bitter and angry as much as they try to stay loving and kind. The brain can only take so much trauma before it starts to shut down all the healthy systems. Thus, we have the horrible stress response that can literally take us to our graves if we don't learn how to manage the pain.

The brain is an amazing thing. Maybe if god could stop all the flooding, tsunamis, earthquakes and chaos on earth, we wouldn't have so many depressed, hurting people in life.  People have ended up in mental institutions for the hurts they go through. People start drinking and drugs to make them feel a little happiness or anything else that makes a human feel a little bit of happiness.That's why there is so much addiction in the world.. These things alone can make one have the traits of a non-violet psychopath because they affect the brain.

Margee, you mentioned non-violent psychopaths. Moanareina asked if it is possible for psychopaths to be good people through training. Here is an article I found about a neuroscientist who discovered that he was actually a psychopath and didn't know it. He talks about how his good upbringing probably made the difference.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/01/life-as-a-nonviolent-psychopath/282271/

Another thing I realized is that religion might actually allow psychopaths to behave selflessly. If a psychopath believes that God is watching and will punish bad and reward good, then it might make a difference. Also if a psychopath wants to be seen as a selfless person then it might make them behave selflessly. For example a psychopath might decide to succeed in life by making everybody admire his/her saintly selflessness.

Also what you said about empathetic people hardening themselves sounds believable.

• Like 1

Margee, you mentioned non-violent psychopaths. Moanareina asked if it is possible for psychopaths to be good people through training. Here is an article I found about a neuroscientist who discovered that he was actually a psychopath and didn't know it. He talks about how his good upbringing probably made the difference.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/01/life-as-a-nonviolent-psychopath/282271/

Another thing I realized is that religion might actually allow psychopaths to behave selflessly. If a psychopath believes that God is watching and will punish bad and reward good, then it might make a difference. Also if a psychopath wants to be seen as a selfless person then it might make them behave selflessly. For example a psychopath might decide to succeed in life by making everybody admire his/her saintly selflessness.

Also what you said about empathetic people hardening themselves sounds believable.

It's very true what you are saying about non-violent's. If one can see and become aware they have signs of any disorder - Narcissist, sociopath or psychopath, (and all humans have some of the traits to a certain degree whether we want to admit it or not!!) they can, if they choose so to do good or bad. They can even work on developing 'cold empathy'....that's better than no empathy. 

I have read John Fallons book. It's extremely interesting and very eye opening. http://www.amazon.ca/The-Psychopath-Inside-Neuroscientists-Personal/dp/1591846005  He's getting a lot of criticism for opening himself up like this. His main purpose is to show that some of these personality disorders come from the brain and any of us can have a bad brain from the many things we have already talked about..

It is the charming psychopath who actually enjoys violence that we have to be very careful of. It's not a soul they lack-it's a conscience. They have none and they don't care who they hurt.

....most interesting topic about the human animal.

On this website right here, there is an article about psychopaths that you probably did not know before.

http://thechildrenofthecovenant.com/articles/psychopaths-are-not-human/

Stupid. Plain and simple.

Do you really believe this shit?

• Like 1

Also, the writer of the original article also says that an MRI scan of a psychopath's brain shows that it functions differently than an average person's brain.

Neither does it for OCD, ADD, ADHD, and more. Many mental illnesses are attributed to a different functionality of the brain.

To be honest, the idea of an "average brain" is based on taking the "average" of many brains. No one has the "average" brain at hand. You don't have it. I don't have it. We all have unique brains. The average brain is only based on taking a bunch of brains and looking at what happens most of the time. I might have smaller activity in one part of the brain where you have more, and you might have less somewhere where I have more. Our brains are as unique as fingerprints. So based on the article, no one is human.

• Like 2

Ok, I've mocked the content of this article... http://thechildrenof...-are-not-human/ ...but being serious, everything it has to say hangs on this.

A human being is a triune being consisting of body, soul and spirit created in the image of our triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit.)

If the above sentence is not a FACT, then the article cannot be relied upon for some... "new facts about psychopaths".

It's that simple.  Chrisassaf needs to establish the following, before the article should be accepted as FACT.

1. That a triune God exists.

2. That this triune God creates human beings in His image.

3. That being created in His image requires humans to consist of a body, a soul and a spirit.

4. That psychopaths be shown to possess no souls and no spirits.

Good luck, Chris!

• Like 3

Ok, I've mocked the content of this article... http://thechildrenof...-are-not-human/ ...but being serious, everything it has to say hangs on this.

A human being is a triune being consisting of body, soul and spirit created in the image of our triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit.)

If the above sentence is not a FACT, then the article cannot be relied upon for some... "new facts about psychopaths".

It's that simple.  Chrisassaf needs to establish the following, before the article should be accepted as FACT.

3. That being created in His image requires humans to consist of a body, a soul and a spirit.

Good luck, Chris!

Open your Bibles to the second chapter of . . . 

I had a soul once.  But I traded it to the Devil for a sandwich.  It was a very good sandwich.

Love me a good sandwich!

I'll make a sandwich for both of you if you can give me back the time I wasted reading this thread!

:-)

• Like 1

Love me a good sandwich!

I'll make a sandwich for both of you if you can give me back the time I wasted reading this thread!

If the thread at least made you smile and maybe laugh about how dumb some people can be I would not consider it a waste of time...

Here's another article from that same enlightened site:

http://thechildrenofthecovenant.com/articles/bible-verses-about-interracial-marriage/

I like Deuteronomy 22:10

"Thou shall not plow with and ox and an ass together."

It sounds so gay.   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

or the ox would just be dragging the ass down the field LOL. Some of teh stuff in teh bible is like stereo instructions for the lives of idiots.

Love me a good sandwich!

I want one in honor of the lords here, I want ham, bacon, pulled pork, and capicola on mine.

On this website right here, there is an article about psychopaths that you probably did not know before.

http://thechildrenofthecovenant.com/articles/psychopaths-are-not-human/

The author probably knows quite a bit about being a psychopath, considering the article is full of psychosis and hate.  Sorry to hear you're so fucked up that you recommended something like that.

The author of that article also says that there are a number of experts (Psychologists and Psychiatrists) that clearly proclaim that psychopaths are not human.

The author of that article also says that there are a number of experts (Psychologists and Psychiatrists) that clearly proclaim that psychopaths are not human.

For that claim to be accepted as factual, it's necessary to first establish the following points as factual.

Until 1 thru 4 are demonstrated to be factual, the claim that psychopaths are not human should be treated as unproven.

Oopsie!  You're now making a totally secular claim, I see Chris.

So have you now dropped your initial supernatural claim or is that now running parallel (but still unsupported) to your new, secular one?

The author of that article also says . . . 

Who cares?  Really why should we care what nonsense some nutjob says?

I've asked you this question before and you didn't answer it properly.  "He interviewed a psychopath" is not a reason to listen to his nonsense about "mono beings".  He lives in a fantasy world where he can act out his very own delusion where he dehumanizes people.

Do you get that the very thing that makes psychopaths special, that which sets them apart from others, is that psychopaths see others as not human? Psychopaths dehumanize their victims the way that author dehumanizes "mono beings".  Do you see the irony?  Here is a guy who has no soul, had no spirit and declares that humans who do not have these things are not human.

• Like 1

Who is the author of "that article"?  The webpage you referenced simply cut and pasted "that article" from another web source, which is referenced at the bottom of the page of your link.  However, when I clicked that link it does not go to the source but to a webpage wanting to sell me the domain of that source.  In other words, the source doesn't exist anymore.

Again, who is the author of "that article"?  Why should I believe anything he says?  Why should I believe anything you say about this unknown author?

Please provide evidence that "psychopaths are not human".