Goodbye Jesus

Welcome To Ex-christian

Open_Minded

A Christian can walk away from god because God is a gentleman and allows free choice. Walk far enough away and Satan can certainly pick you off. Hence exchristian forums and its like.

Link: http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.ph...72&postcount=30

I have no idea what this guy is trying to say. How is Gawd being a "gentleman"

for letting a christian get picked off by Satan? Is he saying that Gawd is not

omnipotent, so if you walk beyond Gawd's circle of protection, you're dead meat?

If so, would that make Gawd more or less co-equal in power to Satan? Sounds to

me like this fundy is talking out of his butt.

Of course, I really love this quote from the same post:

No ministry has understood all the bible truths. No church avoids some false teachings. Humans are easy to distract, deceive and detour from God. This is why in ANY teaching you will find that which is good and parts that look at odds with His word.

So if christians can't fully comprehend the truth, and they can't avoid false

teachings, and they are easily deceived and detoured, why the hell should I

believe anything they say? More to the point, why should I believe anything

this christian says? He's basically just called himself a liar. There's

apologetics for you!

:HaHa:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Open_Minded

• Antlerman

• Ouroboros

• NotBlinded

Of course, I really love this quote from the same post:
No ministry has understood all the bible truths. No church avoids some false teachings. Humans are easy to distract, deceive and detour from God. This is why in ANY teaching you will find that which is good and parts that look at odds with His word.

So if christians can't fully comprehend the truth, and they can't avoid false teachings, and they are easily deceived and detoured, why the hell should I believe anything they say? More to the point, why should I believe anything this christian says? He's basically just called himself a liar. There's apologetics for you!

:HaHa:

I was wondering if anyone else was going to notice that part of the post. It makes one wonder if the poster has ever given any serious thought to the "false teachings" that s/he may be subscribing to. :banghead:

Another part of the same post struck me as well....

In talking about casting out demons the poster writes....

Faith in Christ is the bedrock, the very foundation for all the work I do as a servant of his church. Compassion allows me to spend time with those I would never have even looked at a couple of years or so ago.

So ... is it with this "compassion" that a mere few sentences later, s/he is writing off people here at Ex-Christian.net as being picked off by Satan? It would at least be honest to avoid using the word "compassion" when one is just sentences away from condemning an entire group of people they know nothing about. :shrug:

Faith in Christ is the bedrock, the very foundation for all the work I do as a servant of his church. Compassion allows me to spend time with those I would never have even looked at a couple of years or so ago.

So ... is it with this "compassion" that a mere few sentences later, s/he is writing off people here at Ex-Christian.net as being picked off by Satan? It would at least be honest to avoid using the word "compassion" when one is just sentences away from condemning an entire group of people they know nothing about. :shrug:

Strange.......I didn't realize compassion sounded so much like excess undeserved Pride. If that is this person's real notion of what compassion is, and if any god endorsed that type of thought pattern......I really would rather be in hell, thank you.

I've been on that CF website but I can't post anywhere apart from one small corner because I have said i was a 'seeker' or 'curious' or something rather than Christian. It drove me mad so i can't go back very often

But your quote from that site made me think about their view on WHO exactly gets saved and WHY

I hope this is not way off topic..

They think its faith alone (Reformation / Luther etc) in Christ

But how does this make sense? Why is the belief of the gospel so important ?

Example

I am walking along the street minding my own business. Someone in the bushes behind me gets a gun out and tries to shoot me. A person unknown to me sees this and jumps in front of the gun and takes the bullet and so saves my life.. but I do not see the incident and walk along as before unaware of whats happened.

The fact is that I was saved but did not know it ... and would remain saved. It does not depend on my belief on what that person did. Even if someone told me about it years later I may find it hard to believe - but whether i did believe or not would not change what happened

So why is the belief in Christ's death so important? surely the important thing is the actual death not the belief in it. If God is love and gave his son then what a waste to then have throw people in hell on a technicality. I am sure if God let everyone into heaven and they saw Christ for real then they would believe alright and everything would be happy. :grin:

But I can't ask them this because i am not allowed to .. :shrug:

Anyone care to ask them? :wicked:

I've been on that CF website but I can't post anywhere apart from one small corner because I have said i was a 'seeker' or 'curious' or something rather than Christian. It drove me mad so i can't go back very often

But your quote from that site made me think about their view on WHO exactly gets saved and WHY

I hope this is not way off topic..

Nope ... not off topic at all. I started this thread so the evangelical christians cruising through here would have one thread where they could see answers and responses to posts from CF.

They think its faith alone (Reformation / Luther etc) in Christ

But how does this make sense? Why is the belief of the gospel so important ?

<Snip>

So why is the belief in Christ's death so important? surely the important thing is the actual death not the belief in it. If God is love and gave his son then what a waste to then have throw people in hell on a technicality. I am sure if God let everyone into heaven and they saw Christ for real then they would believe alright and everything would be happy. :grin:

See.... Robert .... I call myself Christian and I don't even think the actual death was important in the sense that evangelicals hold onto it. I question the literal interpretation of being "saved". I find the whole idea of a little god in the sky who's ego is so huge that he needs a blood sacrifice to draw all of his creation to himself completely repungent. And if that were the type of god I was expected to believe in by the WHOLE of Christianity - I would NOT call myself Christian.

Luckly there are branches of Christianity that allow for more diversity in one's pursuit of understanding the INFINITE ONE. :grin:

But - your question is a good one for people who do buy into that type of theology. ;)

But I can't ask them this because i am not allowed to .. :shrug:

Anyone care to ask them? :wicked:

Yes ... I find it completely amusing that Christians - who profess love for and acceptance of all - would have "exclusive" areas on their forums. Says a lot about them, doesn't it. :wicked:

The only qualifications that must be met on this board - of apostates - is to be respectful and honest. And I've even seen folks here tollerate a few rude SOBs ... for far longer than I'm capable of. I guess "virtual hell" is a bit more tollerant than "virtual heaven". :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

*sort of a bump*

This is interesting, I was just poking around on a different Christian forum and found this new thread...

http://forums.christianity.com/Comment_fro..._1048828/tm.htm

I find it weird that so many Christians say that ex-Christians do not exist. :twitch:

I find it weird that so many Christians say that ex-Christians do not exist. :twitch:

It is different. When I read the thread I didn't feel a lot of animosity, but still. There were statements like this...

Interesting questions that have a personal significance to me, since I was raised by two Christian parents, and have two siblings who are now neo-pagans.

I don't believe most people who proclaim to be an ex-Christian ever truly knew Christ. How could they turn their backs on Him if they did?

See.. this poster talks so casually about having two siblings who are neo-pagans. And then goes onto say they never "truly knew Christ". I can't figure out what this poster things will happen to his/her siblings. :shrug:

Interesting questions that have a personal significance to me, since I was raised by two Christian parents, and have two siblings who are now neo-pagans.

I don't believe most people who proclaim to be an ex-Christian ever truly knew Christ. How could they turn their backs on Him if they did?

See.. this poster talks so casually about having two siblings who are neo-pagans. And then goes onto say they never "truly knew Christ". I can't figure out what this poster things will happen to his/her siblings. :shrug:

First they think their relatives will be damned to hell by the God of Rules they serve out of free will love choice (Yeah right!). What I really wanted to comment on was this thought in response to the puzzlement of how someone if they had "truly knew Christ" would leave:

Ever hear of divorce? Human beings change. Their priorities change. We sometimes fall out of love with others, plain and simple. Many times this can happen because that other person wasn't there, such as an absent spouse you always need to make excuses for (i.e., religious apologetics).

Sad to say, even someone giving their best, most sincere efforts in a relationship sometime will not get their needs met any more. Considering the narrow definition of what God is suppose to be, it's too easy for a 2 meter square deity to fail to satisfy.

So yes, at a time when the world was simple, I worshipped Santa Clause, but as I grew up, who he was no longer satisfied. But the fact remains, I truly knew Santa as a child!

I'm not at all surprised that christians would say we don't really

exist. They're all about picking and choosing what facts they

want to believe. If they admitted that ex-christians exist, then

they would be forced to admit that their gawd failed, and we

just can't have that now, can we?

:ugh:

• 3 months later...

Calling all newbie fundies :sing:

Please do yourselves - and everyone else a favor. Read through this thread before jumping into the deep end of Ex-C.. The reasons you are here aren't new - others have come before you. By reading through the thread - you may gain some insight about your pre-conceived notions. :shrug:

Ahhh! The thread has risen from the dead! :eek:

Either it is Jesus disguised as a thread, or it is a zombie out to eat our brains!

*runs away, just to be safe...*

Seriously, though... I think they'll just ignore this thread. It's funnier to open new threads asking "why the gripe against jesus" "why are you all so full of rage" or "please repent" :)