Goodbye Jesus

What Christian Song Are You Lis... Er, Being Forced To Endure?

Cousin Ricky

Fortunately, Amy Grant went through a fairly secular phase and released a few albums that I still really like.  Not sure if that counts as c-music though.

I saw her live back in '95.  She was wearing an extremely short dress that she looked fantastic in, but I doubt they'd let her wear it for her xtian gigs.  I certainly "committed adultery with her in my heart", that night, if you know what I mean... smile.png

Guest Furball

What do you guys think about the people that lift their hands up in the air/ start swaying?  Are they feeling something or is it just their way of showing off how closer to god they are?

It means nothing. People do that sh*t at worldly concerts too. Or at so-called ungodly dances. These people are worshipping nothing but thin air. LIke they say, you could really feel the spirit today. Yeah, you can get the same feeling at rock concerts when everyone sings together, or when someone scores in a sports game and everyone goes yeaaahh! at the same. Theres no spirit, it's all the same bullshit. As i de-convert, one thing i realise is that all this sh*t is just in my head, just as it is in others.

I often try to listen on my WiFi radio to music from different cultures. Lately I have stopped even trying to see what is available from outlets in Central America- it is all a bunch of fundie shit.In Spanish mostly but still shit. Sometimes I find myself really liking a tune then realize they are singing about the 'blood of Jesus' or whatever. It seems to permeate their entire culture down there, it is all you can get to listen to on the radio. 

I often try to listen on my WiFi radio to music from different cultures. Lately I have stopped even trying to see what is available from outlets in Central America- it is all a bunch of fundie shit.In Spanish mostly but still shit. Sometimes I find myself really liking a tune then realize they are singing about the 'blood of Jesus' or whatever. It seems to permeate their entire culture down there, it is all you can get to listen to on the radio.

You want to know what's funny about the Christian station on the radio, in the U.S? They play the same damn set of songs from since I was kid and still do. That's sad and kind mentally insane to think about. They've barely added new songs into the rotation lol

Sorry if this derails the topic a bit, but recently I've been hearing this song on the radio called, "Take Me to Church," which is actually a criticism of  religion. I was pretty excited to hear something like this on the radio. The artist has an interesting explanation for this song which you can find on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVjiKRfKpPI the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKzwZnyvLcE artist interview

What do you guys think about the people that lift their hands up in the air/ start swaying?  Are they feeling something or is it just their way of showing off how closer to god they are?

People did this in the mega church I used to attend. It was like doing  the wave at a football game, and very predictable. As soon as the music hit some emotional notes and got really loud people in the front row would stand up and put their hands up, and then row after row would do the same thing. I got to where I didn't stand up in church anymore because I was getting so dizzy from standing and sitting and standing and sitting.. I was like fuck it I'm not getting up again. My mom used to get mad at me for not standing, but I have a health condition that won't allow me to stand for a long time without getting dizzy and the possibility of fainting, so I didn't care. Anyways, this just proves that people in church really are just mindless sheep who copy each other. 

• 2 weeks later...

People did this in the mega church I used to attend. It was like doing  the wave at a football game, and very predictable. As soon as the music hit some emotional notes and got really loud people in the front row would stand up and put their hands up, and then row after row would do the same thing. I got to where I didn't stand up in church anymore because I was getting so dizzy from standing and sitting and standing and sitting.. I was like fuck it I'm not getting up again. My mom used to get mad at me for not standing, but I have a health condition that won't allow me to stand for a long time without getting dizzy and the possibility of fainting, so I didn't care. Anyways, this just proves that people in church really are just mindless sheep who copy each other. 

People were doing this stuff at GOP caucuses in Iowa in 2012, that and praying loudly. One of the many reasons I left that party.. 

Yep, they love that Chris Tomlin song in church. It is very smug and arrogant.

rach: I think they convince themselves they are feeling something, so they can have an excuse to be more religious than everyone else. I always hated that showy, demonstrative thing with the hand raising, closed eyes and "YES JESUS"es. Thought nobody should need to poke it in everyone else's face, how in-touch with the lord they were. I still think it's stupid.

People were doing this stuff at GOP caucuses in Iowa in 2012, that and praying loudly. One of the many reasons I left that party.. 

Ohh not good. I realized this year that I'm not Republican either...