Goodbye Jesus

Christians Show Deceased Death-With-Dignity Advocate Brittany Maynard Their Special Brand Of Love

SilentLoner

Christians: 20 centuries of jeering the brave and cheering the fearful

• Like 2

Thanks, crazyguy. I hadn't even seen torturedbychrist's post until after I posted.

I probably shouldn't have ranted anyway, though, but I was peeved to see people callously wishing pain on a cancer patient.

There's nothing wrong with ranting. In this case, I don't see why anyone shouldn't rant. If you want to edit again and put your original comment back, you'll get no objection from me. cool.png

he should be able to rant all he likes. I see some rants in this section that are far less justified and at least his was.

There is nothing sane or nice about people who wish pain on someone that is already dying from terminal illness. The fucking assholes wishing the pain are the ones that are terminally ill in reality. They cannot be fixed until they destroy the nasty person they are and start fresh with a new outlook on what it actually means to be human for its own sake.

It is the place to rant isn't it smile.png

When did I ever say he shouldn't be able to rant?

I was agreeing with you.

I would have stated in the first sentence if I was disagreeing and why. Not out of disrespect mind you but rather so that I show the respect of treating people bluntly so they know where I stand. Most of the time lol.

Anyway I actually agree with your statement, if the way I worded it came across wrong... my bad.

Thanks, crazyguy. I hadn't even seen torturedbychrist's post until after I posted.

I probably shouldn't have ranted anyway, though, but I was peeved to see people callously wishing pain on a cancer patient.

There's nothing wrong with ranting. In this case, I don't see why anyone shouldn't rant. If you want to edit again and put your original comment back, you'll get no objection from me. cool.png

he should be able to rant all he likes. I see some rants in this section that are far less justified and at least his was.

There is nothing sane or nice about people who wish pain on someone that is already dying from terminal illness. The fucking assholes wishing the pain are the ones that are terminally ill in reality. They cannot be fixed until they destroy the nasty person they are and start fresh with a new outlook on what it actually means to be human for its own sake.

It is the place to rant isn't it smile.png

When did I ever say he shouldn't be able to rant?

I was agreeing with you.

I would have stated in the first sentence if I was disagreeing and why. Not out of disrespect mind you but rather so that I show the respect of treating people bluntly so they know where I stand. Most of the time lol.

Anyway I actually agree with your statement, if the way I worded it came across wrong... my bad.

Okay, I guess I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I agree. I just think I went a little overboard in my rant. Those calloused people are pretty much scumbags, though.

Anyway, it had to have been a heart-wrenching decision for Brittany to make. I'm glad that she's not suffering, but I'm saddened that she and her loved ones had to go through this. She and her family obviously would have much preferred that she had remained alive and healthy without having to make a decision like that.

Not only does god put a painful tumor in the poor girl, but if she doesn't settle for a sure end involving unspeakable pain and suffering, he'll make her suffer even longer -- much, much longer -- for the avoidance; this, because he loves us so much praise his name. 

• Like 4

Vile, vile people. The nastiness of Christians no longer shocks me. Some of them are as cold, cruel  and callous as the monster they pretend to love and worship.

On suicide itself, the great Robert Ingersoll covered it well:

"Is it possible that a man, "slowly being devoured by a

cancer," whose days and nights are filled with torture, who is

useless to himself and a burden to others, is carrying out the will

of God? Does God enjoy his agony? Is God thrilled by the music of

his moans -- the melody of his shrieks?

This frightful doctrine makes God an infinite monster, and

every human being a slave; a victim. This doctrine is not only

infamous but it is idiotic. It makes God the only criminal in the

universe."

Awesome quote, can't believe I hadn't heard it before...

Guest Furball

And these are the people who claim that *non* christians have no moral compass...

So true. I typed jesus is fake into the computer yesterday, and went on a few sites where supposed christians were trying to prove jesus existed vs. the non believers. I say supposed christians, because they were anything but. These christians were using cuss words at the non believers and telling them they were gonna burn in hell. One post claimed to be from a little girl and her profile pic made her look like she wasn't over 10 years old, yet she used profanity like a sailor. My point is, people claim to be christians, yet use cuss words and condemn people happily to hell, then tell us were the immoral people. uhg it never stops

I read an article on my Facebook feed about a woman with the same condition who is fighting for her life rather than ending it. The article was written by her daughter. Has anyone else read the article?

The daughter is selfish. 

My uncle did the same thing.  He was a fundy preacher and he suffered and died from bone cancer.  He used to be a 6'5", strapping guy who looked like the Brawny man.  When he died, he was under 100lbs and had suffered horrifically.  He took the morphine, but he insisted on waiting for a miracle, which of course never came.  It was his choice. 

In this case, the daughter holds her mom to the standard.  It's very difficult for someone to wish for death when they have loved ones holding out for them.  It's impossible, IMO, for this woman to every choose a more dignified and less painful out when her family holds on to ideas that this is wrong, hurtful, and cuts short the time people can spend together.  It's selfish. 

• Like 2

"Not decent, but forgiven"

2012-01-23-a-practical-application-of-ph

Oh boy. I made the mistake of expressing my opinion on FB regarding Brittany. In hindsight it was innapropriate for me to comment because the person who wrote a lengthty post about how she died in vain has a child with cancer. But I had to bite. I kept it short; said that no one else's opinions matter when it comes to her life. It was her choice. Her family supported her and she went through the proper channels.

I forgot all about it until today the mom replies with anger and even quotes me inacurately, implying that I would like to witness her child die. I apologized for writing the comment, but not for my opinion. Tried to be compassionate and refused to engage in a debate. But it irks me how she twisted my words to make me seem like I want everyone to be killed. Not very honest or charitable, but oh well.

Now my other relatives are posting how humanism is from the devil and it creates atheists.

Hey, if your friend expresses an opinion about Maynard (not about her own child, mind you), you certainly can express your opinion about Maynard.  No apologies needed.  If any discussion about cancer and death was too much for your friend, she should have just kept her opinion to herself.  She can can't raise an issue (not personal to her) and take it personally if someone comments on it.  And yes, humanism is from the devil.  zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif 

• Like 2

I never spoke of her child. I would never suggest what she implies! I only expressed the opinion that Maynard had the right to choose and our opinions don't matter. Her life, her choice.

The post was made by the dad, btw, who is my first cousin. There were over 100 comments saying zombie christian drivel. Didn't expect them to agree ...but to mischaracterize me, too? Lesson learned.

Iif being compassionate, humane, and respectful of people's agency, is of the devil... so be it ????????

• Like 3

I never spoke of her child. I would never suggest what she implies! I only expressed the opinion that Maynard had the right to choose and our opinions don't matter. Her life, her choice.

The post was made by the dad, btw, who is my first cousin. There were over 100 comments saying zombie christian drivel. Didn't expect them to agree ...but to mischaracterize me, too? Lesson learned.

Iif being compassionate, humane, and respectful of people's agency, is of the devil... so be it ????????

Your dad is also your first cousin? ???? that's the only thing I could focus on lol
  • Like 1

Iif being compassionate, humane, and respectful of people's agency, is of the devil... so be it

Your dad is also your first cousin? that's the only thing I could focus on lol

she said the post was made by the dad (of the child) who is her first cousin.

• Like 2

Christians turn everything we say into something else.  They have to make everything fit in their own worldview or they feel threatened it seems.

I was guilty of it :(  I am so glad I woke up!

• Like 2

Iif being compassionate, humane, and respectful of people's agency, is of the devil... so be it

Thank you!

I realized that I read it wrong. I read over several times but never the "the" in between by and dad.

Guest Furball

Christians turn everything we say into something else.  They have to make everything fit in their own worldview or they feel threatened it seems.

I was guilty of it sad.png  I am so glad I woke up!

Not to mention they turn everything we do into a sin that needs to be repented of. bastard fun crushers!!!!!

I just joined this forum because of this thread.  My first-born son died last year of glioblastoma multiforme, the same brain cancer that Brittany had.  J was a healthy, quirky, funny kid (and an evil computer genius!) until the headaches started at the age of 23.  He died in my arms less than a year later. 

I was his care-taker for the last 8 months of his life. He lost everything...his fiancé, his career, his newly gained independence, his care-free joy for life. There was very little left of J by the time he died.  His last surgery removed a grapefruit-sized tumor from his frontal lobes.   

He knew, when he was first diagnosed, that this was a death sentence.  I knew it too.  It was what it was.  There was no cure. 

J is my true hero.  He accepted his fate with calm regret.  He told me once that he had just "drawn the short straw".  He wasn't afraid of a Hell that didn't exist.  He didn't pray to a god who couldn't hear.  If our part of the country had had Death-With-Dignity laws, he would have deeply considered the idea.   As it was, he lived as best he could, every day, trying to find some measure of enjoyment despite his rapidly failing body and mind (he told me that his brain felt like the toys under Sid's bed in Toy Story...everything was connected wrong). 

Death with Dignity is a personal choice.  We have more consideration for our pets than we do for fellow human beings. If they are in pain and it is just going to get worse, and there is no chance of recovery...why should the wishes of this person to go out on their own terms be dismissed?  And to call these people cowards or wish more pain upon them because they choose an active, positive role in their death?  How truly absurd. 

I find the courage of Brittany Maynard inspiring and hopeful.  I'll leave you with the last words of J to his younger brother on the day he died, as they echo my thoughts on these Christians passing judgment on something beyond their understanding:

"Back off, Fucktard!"

Thank you for this.  As sad and devastating as your son's death was, he and you dealt with it in a wonderful and humane way.

Why don't these christians blame their stupid god for not taking away this poor lady's suffering so that she wouldn't have committed suicide in the first place?! 

She didn't have faith. Instead of trusting God for a miracle, she chose to rebel against God's word that says, "Thou shalt not kill," by killing herself.  [/Christian rationalization]

• Like 1

That's another horror.  Their religion tells them that their god can do ANYTHING.  If god won't heal you, your faith is not great enough.  YOU are at fault. Your faith was too weak to allow god to work miracles in your life.

And another:  What did you do to bring this on yourself to begin with? Everyone has their weaknesses that make them "fall short of the glory of god". So the ill person is tormented by every little "sin" that could have caused god to be angry at them.  Were they too prideful?  Not giving enough?  Secretly having "impure thoughts" or disliking a certain person because of how they treated you?  Since god knows everything you think, he saw through your act.  And now, this terminally ill person is tormented by the additional pain and fear that they somehow caused their loving god to punish them.

So sad

• Like 3

I just joined this forum because of this thread.  My first-born son died last year of glioblastoma multiforme, the same brain cancer that Brittany had.  J was a healthy, quirky, funny kid (and an evil computer genius!) until the headaches started at the age of 23.  He died in my arms less than a year later. 

I was his care-taker for the last 8 months of his life. He lost everything...his fiancé, his career, his newly gained independence, his care-free joy for life. There was very little left of J by the time he died.  His last surgery removed a grapefruit-sized tumor from his frontal lobes.   

He knew, when he was first diagnosed, that this was a death sentence.  I knew it too.  It was what it was.  There was no cure. 

J is my true hero.  He accepted his fate with calm regret.  He told me once that he had just "drawn the short straw".  He wasn't afraid of a Hell that didn't exist.  He didn't pray to a god who couldn't hear.  If our part of the country had had Death-With-Dignity laws, he would have deeply considered the idea.   As it was, he lived as best he could, every day, trying to find some measure of enjoyment despite his rapidly failing body and mind (he told me that his brain felt like the toys under Sid's bed in Toy Story...everything was connected wrong). 

Death with Dignity is a personal choice.  We have more consideration for our pets than we do for fellow human beings. If they are in pain and it is just going to get worse, and there is no chance of recovery...why should the wishes of this person to go out on their own terms be dismissed?  And to call these people cowards or wish more pain upon them because they choose an active, positive role in their death?  How truly absurd. 

I find the courage of Brittany Maynard inspiring and hopeful.  I'll leave you with the last words of J to his younger brother on the day he died, as they echo my thoughts on these Christians passing judgment on something beyond their understanding:

"Back off, Fucktard!"

I commend your son for his bravery and you for your compassion. Thanks for sharing and welcome.

Peace,

Woodsy