Goodbye Jesus

Christians Show Deceased Death-With-Dignity Advocate Brittany Maynard Their Special Brand Of Love

SilentLoner

Welcome, Abby.  Thanks for sharing the story of your son.

Hugs to you.

• Super Moderator

A big welcome and thank you for sharing your experience with us.  It was heart-wrenching and heart-warming at the same time. And I must admit, J's last words to his brother made me laugh.    Take care and hope to see you around here!  

Abby, thank you so much for sharing your story. My deepest condolences for the loss of your son. And welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcomes! 

I've been lurking for a while...and this topic just burns me.  My mom died a few months before my son (another slow, debilitating death), and it has been a bit difficult to keep my opinions to myself around my "prayer warrior" family.  They are well aware of my lack of belief, so we respectfully agree to differ, but sometimes I just need to communicate with others that live in the real world!

And, yes, buffettphan, J had a quirky sense of humor that he never totally lost.  When I remember some of the insane things he used to do, it still brings a smile to my face. 

• Like 2

Brittany's mother has responded to the heartless condemnation of her daughter:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/brittany-maynards-mom-defends-daughters-choice-die/story?id=26997022

• Like 1

That's a tragic story, Abby. He had an interesting life, that's for sure. Nobody deserves to live with cancer, cancer is a total bastard.

I have some reservations about euthanasia, but that has to do with the potentalities of prejudices and bigotry applied by people and society to the person conmsidering living or euthanasia in terms of pre-existation as well as ethical issues in applying euthanasia. I'm not anti euthanasia provided that the person is not coerced and is well informed about what they are doing. That's an opinion for another thread.

What I'm angry about is the attitudes of the Christians towards Brittany. You may disagree with what Brittany advocates, but your crude anger towards her does nobody any good. Brittany arrived at her answers out of sincerity and that is more than you can say for yourselves. You barge in and hassle her. For what? Nothing. There is no reasonable debate out of you all, there's nothing but venomous bile. It is her choice abnd I hope she wasn't coerced, but you Christians had best fuck off. Let her and us work out the real issues and go to the fucking corner you tantrum making little twits. Wendystop.gif

Here is a commentary from The Onion, dripping with sarcasm against Christians who would criticize her. I think it is a good response to her critics:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-should-have-the-right-to-die-until-god-is-d,37418/

• Like 2

Abby, thank you for sharing about your son.  You were lucky to have each other in your lives.  I am so sorry for your and your family's loss.

I think it all comes down to personal choice, and people should be allowed to make rational personal choices for their lives and deaths.  There are no right or wrong answers to incurable cancer.