Goodbye Jesus

Hello Their New Bee Hear!

TheListener

Anyone notice he pointed us to do research on theology when earlier, either in this thread or another he kept rejecting other theologians beliefs on what the scriptures mean? Seems to me what he's saying is, "study but only if you will agree with MY interuptation". What a loser. You know, the holy spirit sure works in mysterious ways to give so many people contrary beliefs out of the same supposedly god insired book.

Heh... yes, only things he approves of will he tolerate. It reminds me of a heated argument I had on evilbible.net with the athiest fundies over there who had conniptions just because I gave perfectly reasonable arguments for the existence of a creator and so forth. They mocked anything I'd point to by saying that just because someone claims to be a scientist doesn't make their work scientific. In truth, since my opinions and points didn't agree with their fundyism, I had to be wrong, period. It's the same with this Listener twit; only if it backs up what he posits is it genuine or accurate.

Fundies of all stripes can go fuck themselves.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheListener

• Ouroboros

• thunderbolt

• willybilly30

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should say, read it with an open mind, and then the evidence should speak for itself. But the fact that you don't say that - says the real story. I'm thinking down inside you know it can't speak for itself and that's why you instruct people to approach it with an emotion bias. IMHO.

Really fantastic point Antlerman. I've never seen it spoken quite so eloquently.

You want me to convince you? I can't do that, you need to read up on Biblical Theology to understand it. And pray that God reveal Himself to you.

Damn! I have to jump in here... Read up on theology? Done that: Bible College graduate 3.91 GPA. Teacher; preacher; evangelist; apologist. Good enough? Next and more importantly: "pray that God reveal himself to you"?

Umm, think about that statement please. Let me restate that and you tell me if this is how you mean it: "If you pray to God to be able to see it, if you really want to see it, and read it really wanting to see it, then you will." Answer: Of course you will. What else would you expect approaching something with an emotional desire to believe? You're going to find whatever you need to confirm yourself. Think about it.

You should say, read it with an open mind, and then the evidence should speak for itself. But the fact that you don't say that - says the real story. I'm thinking down inside you know it can't speak for itself and that's why you instruct people to approach it with an emotion bias. IMHO.

Okay, I see I don't need to get involved (yet) since Antlerman pointed out the glaring flaw in TheListeners' argument. Worth posting again.

This freakin' thread hurts my head!

This 'Christian' cannot answer any of these questions without sounding completely uninformed. He doesn't want intelligent discussion because it is not possible when taking the bible literally. It is pure non-sense when read that way. We shouldn't blame him for not being able to logically answer these questions, we should pity him because he believes in a system that doesn't allow for answers. Sheesh!

TheListener,

You are on a good start claiming the Adam and Eve story is an allegory. Don't stop there! Look into it some more. I wish you peace on your journey because the road you have chosen will always put you at war with someone.

Moved to "totaly off topic"? Too funny...

WTF? Am I insane or is this thread in two places at the same time?

Moved to "totaly off topic"? Too funny...

WTF? Am I insane or is this thread in two places at the same time?

No, it started in Total off Topic, and the I moved it into the Lion's Den. What you se in ToT should be the link only to the one thread in LD.

So, is TheListener still here, or did he run away?

If he's still here it would be nice for him to take his first posts on this thread, and confront those with his latest posts on this same thread. The tone is SO different :( And I guess he hasn't even noticed how he started to dodge answers, and to answer long, complex questions with rather annoyed one-liners.

If you're still here, TheListener, I'd like to hear your point of view about Sin. I'll put it real simply, and I hope your answer will be simple too (but long! No sad oneliners, please).

God created everything, all things, you said.

So god created the snake...

And god created sin.

Right?

Thanks in advance :)

damn these sheep just cant take it in the lions den lol

were the lions right?

everytime they try to debate with us they get toungtied and run for cover.

:lmao:

You're right. I read from the beginning too. Seems Hans was kind but yet pushed buttons on TheListener with Adam and Eve good and evil to the point where the "TheImDeaftoYou" quit and then....let the preaching begin.

Hehe, it sure seems like my button-pushing-skills are improving. :HaHa:

damn these sheep just cant take it in the lions den lol

were the lions right?

everytime they try to debate with us they get toungtied and run for cover.

:lmao:

Maybe we should speak in sheepese.

Bah...Baaaaa...baa-aaaah

If you're unclean, Cheesus will clean you in his blood, it's called a Baaath.

eeew a man cleaning me in blood.

Yes, a Blood Baaath.