Goodbye Jesus

Forgiveness

Guest taryn

Hello, Taryn. I think that what is always going to interfere with any discussion here is your apparent Immaculate Perception, the assertion that you have made that you have sensed somehow too much of gods reality and apparent trustworthiness to doubt his existance or legitamacy. That prevents you from making any statements that can stand on their own and be verified by someone else on their own. And consequently, whenever you restate that most people here are going to think that you are lying or crazy or both. I'm being blunt, and I don't object to you coming around. I don't own the place and that's none of my business. But we humble ourselves to what we can defend and prove here, and when we can do that are proud of what we can thusly communicate that is verifiable. I don't know how long you can last here with standards that high. You don't seem like a cruel or mean person, but I think that you are as phoney to yourself and others as a $3.00 bill. You should save the bullshit for some of those papers you're writing.

i come here not to assert moral superiority, but to give a face, a personality to those that I pray for... and what's more, to extend the realm of my experience from the safe... that you would condemn me for this I am sorry.

i am doing what you want, extending the input you receive outside of your safe zone, to see your reaction, to give you a face. you are sorry that i condemn you for this, but that very apology is the only thing i was condemning in the first place: it is the work of your ego, desperately trying to maintain the image you have of yourself as a kind person with good intentions. no matter what i say, your ego will think of a new way to distract you from its self-protective techniques, resulting in your 'meek as a lamb' tone. in essence, though you appear humble, your utter security in your own ideas betrays your conceit.

i completly would agree with you if you said *i* was conceited to imagine what you are thinking...please understand that 80 percent of what i say is devil's advocate material designed to make you think. minds are like anything physical, they receive information and react to it according to their constitution. that's all i'm doing. it is the very exercise which i believe compelled you to actually post a message, rather than just read and experience other postings. don't reject what i say, experience it as outside your safe zone, as you yourself say you wanted.

you say you believe because of hope, and i would agree. i do not, however, agree that hope is a good thing. hope is an extension of the ego, a kind of picture of the world as it would please you most, as you personally desire it to be. of course we all want the same things, peace, love, health, for mankind...but to indulge in a fairy tale that promises to bring this about by magic is a waste of energy which could actually be used to improve your immediate surroundings.

while hope of rescue and hope of improvement of various kinds can be a kind of psychological 'food' which aids in survival, the hope that you indulge in, that an outside entity will come and do everything for us, is counter=productive for humanity. not only that, but, as i said, as an exclusive system, it has, like all exclusive systems, led to countless needless murders of the people it purports to shepherd!

you *do* in fact, claim superiority because you claim to have not only found, but recognized and stuck with what is true, and we have not. you say we have been led astray by disappointment or spiritual warfare while you, in your superior nature, have remained immune to such attacks.

you may say it is the work of the holy spirit that has given you the understanding to recognize the truth, but then, why doesn't he do it for us, too, if it's that easy? and if you say he does, but we are too stubborn to respond to it or have some other fault, then again, you say you are superior to us by being of such a nature to respond to him whereas we are too stubborn.

what if i said i pray to whatever it is might hear me that you will see the truth of what i'm saying? would you see simple compassion there, or would you see the work of the ego again?

i too can claim that i say all this out of compassion for you, wanting to open your eyes. it doesn't feel quite right, though, does it.

but honestly, and i mean this from the bottom of my heart, i do care for you for some reason, and am pouring out my heart...thank you for the chance.

Dang! How did I miss this??? Wonderful! :thanks:

You are so right, IMO. How can one find release from the ego when desire is nothing more than adding to it? Sure, it's okay to have desires but it's not okay to look for oneself in those desires.

Wow...I really hope you post some more! (Ahhh yes, I'm hoping, but my identity will remain intact if you don't - a little disclaimer!) :-}

Tried believing in a non-fundy Jesus for a while. I realized it was like believing in Santa Claus without the naughty or nice list, or picking and choosing which reindeer I liked.

For example, ummm...I like Dasher but not Dancer, Prancer but not Vixen (can't have any Vixens, they're immoral and ev1L), Donner and Cupid, but not Blitzen, and not Rudolph because his nose is just waaaay too red and bright and reindeer just shouldn't have red, glowing noses because it's just well, not natural...

See what I mean? That is what so many people try to do with Christianity and it doesn't work in the long run because they are just doing it to be socially accepted.

See what I mean? That is what so many people try to do with Christianity and it doesn't work in the long run because they are just doing it to be socially accepted.

That's a little hasty don't you think? I could care less how socially acceptable it is or isn't. I do it for myself. The only way you can do it is to say, fuck Vixen because some asshole decided that Vixen would bring power and control and stuck it in with the other reindeer that had nothing to do with shitting on the Clause. :P

first- do not assume that i hold on to my faith because it is sooo pleasing to me. faith is hard, life is hard... but i've chosen my side... its not based on family, they aren't Christians, it's not based on happiness and harmony, they aren't always present... but on hope.

Taryn i know you have a lot of replies to deal with and are no doubt feeling a bit outnumbered

If you are still here can you describe what it is you are actually hoping for? And how you see that hope translated to people who are not Christian