Goodbye Jesus

Prophecies Of Quran

SkepticOfBible

That's unfortunate that happens. Not everyone feels as much anomosity as some do. For myself, as long as someone makes a sincere effort to be respectful of me, dispite any disagreement of views I may have, I will treat them with respect. I have not had you show me disrepect, and I am not showing you disrespect.

BTW, I think the tone of mocking may be more of certain approaches to belief in Christ or Christianity. There are Christians here who are part of this community who well respected by many if not most here.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheListener

• Ouroboros

• SkepticOfBible

• thunderbolt

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I make a comment here?

Being rude and mocking Christianity does not equal refuting Christianity.

Thanks. :)

And people on christian forums don't mock people who don't believe?

I think part of the problem is that you take your beliefs so seriously that on some level you view it as a personal attack when someone disagrees with you. Though perhaps I'm just projecting the attitude I tended to have as a christian onto you.

But really, I don't think anyone here thinks that mocking = refuting, but yes from time to time we do mock christianity. Try to understand where we are comming from, we are not your avarage unbeliever, though there are many people on this site with a wide range of beliefs we all have one common thread that brings us together...we were once believers such as yourself.

I like how you threw out that you used to mock god yourself, as if you were saying you used to be one of us but your better now...you don't understand at all. You were never one of us, because you never walked away from the christian belief system since embracing it.

Of couse you take personal insult to our ideas, in part because our existance scares you, it scares you percisly because we used to believe as you did and we don't anymore, on some level people like myself make you afraid that you might be me one day. Believe me, when I was where you are I felt the same way so I know what your thinking.

Also try to understand that when we do mock christianity we are also mocking ourselves...because quite honestly I'm embaresed to admit I ever believed in such silly things. :grin:

Myrtha, is the Holy Spirit real?

Let me get this straight.

You're asking an atheist if he thinks that the Holy Spirit is real.

Are you for real?

Myrtha, is the Holy Spirit real?

Let me get this straight.

You're asking an atheist if he thinks that the Holy Spirit is real.

Are you for real?

Yes it was a serious question, I take it your answer is no.

You take it right, my man.

The Holy Spirit is man-made.

God is man-made.

Jesus not only doesn't currently exist, but he never did.

The soul is a myth.

There is no life after death - for anyone.

Santa Claus' sleigh isn't really pulled by flying reindeer.

any further questions?

Myrtha, there is more to life than the eye can see.

And it is not only Christians who have come to this realisation. ;)

I was a christian for 27 years, dude.

No more spooks, spirits, phantoms, prophecies, god-men, holy ghosts, zombies, paracletes, hocus-pocus, demons, devils, boogeymen, figments, or tingly inspiration for me, thank you.

(and let's not forget the satyrs)

So your logic follows like this:

P1) There is more to life than the eye can see

P2) The Holy Spirit can't be seen

C) Therefore, the Holy Spirit must exist

Did I get that right?

(sorry Mythra, it was supposed to be under TLs post)

People amaze me sometimes, you beleive in UFO's which there is not a single shred of credible evidence yet you dismiss God who so many people claim personal experiences with.

I have had personal experiences with God, I'm not going to dismiss everything I have seen because I can't prove it to you. You can't prove to me what you had for breakfast 2 weeks ago can you?

People amaze me sometimes, you beleive in UFO's which there is not a single shred of credible evidence yet you dismiss God who so many people claim personal experiences with.

I have had personal experiences with God, I'm not going to dismiss everything I have seen because I can't prove it to you. You can't prove to me what you had for breakfast 2 weeks ago can you?

Now you're being prejudicial again, I don't believe in UFOs! :shrug:

And there is a large groups of people claiming personal experience with UFOs and aliens, and I still don't believe them either.

I'm a bit skeptic, but I'm also agnostic, so I'm not saying it must be one way or the other, but you do have to defend your ideas if you claim that your delusions are somehow superior than other peoples delusions.

*edit*

Why should I dismiss one group of peoples experience, only to accept yours?

Don't accept my experiences or anyone elses. Seek your own experience with God, if that is what you want.

That's funny, I don't belive in UFOs either though the possibility of them existing is something I'm open to. More likely that than some magic sky dude you worship. Hell, maybe your god was an alien.

Don't accept my experiences or anyone elses. Seek your own experience with God, if that is what you want.

We did...

That's why we're no longer Christians.

We did...

I'm sorry to hear that but why did you give up?

Most of us have had our experiences with "god". For many many years. That's partly why we not Christians.

Who says we gave up? We just found that God is not BibleGod...

You sure do have a lot of preconceived ideas about us that are wildly incorrect.

:funny::lmao: Been there, done that!

I know, 30 years isn't enough, I should have kept on going... wait... I tried to keep on going... but God took my faith, against my will... oh, I see. That God intentionally took my faith when I asked for strength when I was in doubt, that was a sign that he exists! So I should believe, because I couldn't believe anymore. I get it. I should become cognitive dissonant to solve this little problem. :Doh:

*edit*

Oh. I do have experience. My experience is that I'm happier, more solid, more peaceful, and more in control of my life, and actually overall a much better person since I lost my faith. So my experience tell me, Christianity is bull, and what I have now is life. That's my experience.

It is amazing how you can beg, plead god for faith and guidance and get zip in return. Pray to a brick and pray to god and get the same answer, that is, none at all.

Things happen in life. God tests us in various ways. You never know...

Eh. No it's not God that is testing us, but the Cute Bunny. He's temping us with carrots to see if we grab them.

You never know, Zeus may be testing you.

We didn't give up. We escaped. And glad of it.

Listener: tell me that you're not another sixteen year old who's been saved for eight months.

Cause you sure come across as one.

We did...

Eh. I think you didn't get the name of the site, or maybe you didn't understand the "ex-" part of it. That's what this site is. People that used to be Christian... You know "ex" like in "ex-wife", "ex-model", "ex-traterrestial" (oh, sorry, that was the wrong one. :grin: )

We didn't give up. We escaped. And glad of it.

Listener: tell me that you're not another sixteen year old who's been saved for eight months.

Cause you sure come across as one.

No, he/she is 30, and Christian since 2 years. Read 1/3 (or was it 2/3) of OT. An ex-muslim, and ex-atheist. Did I get it right TL?

Yep, thats the basics.

Does that make me any less of a Christian?

Yep, thats the basics.

Does that make me any less of a Christian?

Nope. You're a perfect exemplar.