Goodbye Jesus

One Verse At A Time...

Guest sub_zer0

Its funny even though you don't believe in Zeus, He will still kill you by throwing a lightning bolt at you.

Zeus loves you. Don't you see? He wants you to run to him, and embrace him and let him be the singular focus of all your thoughts to keep you from the pain of the world around you. No need to face life, embrace Zeus. Embrace him today with your whole heart and be saved from dealing with your problems! :17: Bow to his love, or perish by his hand.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• thunderbolt

• SkepticOfBible

• Open_Minded

Those are examples of how I was faced with the true reality of life and how I came out further in fear of God.

This is why your understanding is so messed up sub. You believe the lie the snake told Adam and Eve to this day! (It's an allegory by the way). This is the greatest 'sin' there is and all other 'sins' spring from that. Why do you believe a lie? There is no reason to fear 'god' if you didn't believe what the serpent said. Get a clue will ya?

Once I was posting on a fundy forum on evolution, and one lady told me something to the effect that if what I suggest, evolution is true... it would distroy the foundations of what she has built her whole life. I backed away... how can anyone deal with that? :eek:

Yes. Some (a majority actually) needs the crutch and support of a belief system. Few can break free and live truly free from the chains.

Perhaps some people are so fragile mentally, they have everything in their life set up on a certain foundation... and what happens if their main premise in their life is gone? I still say that the first thing is to end the hell thing... realizing EVERYONE ends in the same place... then they are free to think more rationally.

Usually the first thing someone says if I tell them that NO ONE is going to eternal hell, EVERYONE is saved and ending in the same place... they say "Then I've been good for nothing." These people seem to totally miss the point of spiritual teachings, IMO. :twitch:

Very true, Amanda.

Those are examples of how I was faced with the true reality of life and how I came out further in fear of God.

You believe the lie the snake told Adam and Eve to this day! (It's an allegory by the way). This is the greatest 'sin' there is and all other 'sins' spring from that.

Even more so I've never been able to get a consistent answer from Christians regarding this. Some insist that humans today are still paying for sins of Adam and Eve. Yet others insist that is not the case.

Yet another example of inconsistent Truth™ preaching.

So... I followed the path and went to Whistlestopper, registered and found this.... a thread started by Zero.

http://www.whistlestopper.com/forum/showth...44&page=1&pp=15

:)Great research OM!

Did everyone read what this thread OM found said, especially from post #26 to #36

Yes. From #26

I realize that people reject the truth and lash out at you. That was the point! Especially in the atheist community I did the test on.

Yet he went there to spread the word. :scratch:

It was hard to even try to answer good questions about the Bible and my beliefs that some were starting to ask.

Probably because you don't understand the bible. But then again who does? Its so ambiguous when passages are supposed to be taken literally or metaphorically, depending on the Christian one is debating. While at first glance there doesn't seem to be an intuitive pattern, a second glance reveals the decision to take passages literally or metaphorically is based on the needs of the moment to prove a point.

Post #64

Zero gets his ass handed back to him.......again.......by another person. He still hasn't picked up on the hint.

Originally Posted by sub_zer0

The truth, i.e. Jesus, cannot be challenged!! That is the point Craig. They (atheists) know that just as much as I do, but they do not let it correct them. They lash out at it, or at me in this case.

You've just contradicted yourself Sub Zero. You said that you went to the atheist's forum (and I quote your very words) "to have my beliefs challenged". So, first you said that you went there to have your beliefs challenged, and now you tell me that the truth of your beliefs cannot be challenged.

Which is it Sub? Remember, in a post to Major Baker, you clearly state "The point is I came onto their forum willing to debate and answer questions about my beliefs and such. Have them challenge me on it."

You're in an ugly spot Sub. You were either dishonest or fooling yourself when you told Major Baker that you went their to have them challenge your beliefs (which implies a possibly of your beliefs being wrong), or you'll have to revise what you've said here about the truth of your beliefs being beyond challenge.

In either case, your stated motives/behaviour on the atheist forum is not consistent with what you've reported here.

That you cannot seem to see how illogical it is for:

1) an omnipotent, omniscient being to co-exist with free-will

2) said being killing itself to save it's creations from theirselves

3) said dead being bringing itself back to life

is what makes you and others like you sad.

I had #1 on my mind when I posted earlier. There is no such thing as free will

in christianity. The only free will is in reality. I am free.

Which makes me ask again. If a christian's personal version of the bible

allows him to accept predestination, what is the point in proselyting?

I had #1 on my mind when I posted earlier. There is no such thing as free will

in christianity. The only free will is in reality. I am free.

Which makes me ask again. If a christian's personal version of the bible

allows him to accept predestination, what is the point in proselyting?

Step 1 in dogmatic ideology is to redefine words, make black to white, white to black, free to slave and slave to free. No one is free under the yoke of religion, no one is free until he become his own thinking, feeling and believing human, outside man made belief systems.

I realize that people reject the truth and lash out at you. That was the point! Especially in the atheist community I did the test on.

Aside from you treating other human beings like your lab experiment, are you saying they are lashing out at you because they "reject the truth?" Hiding your responsibility behind the Bible??? Is it at all possible they (or us) are lashing out at you for your personal behavior? Possible?? Maybe??

The fact that you said this is supporting my impression that you are using God as an escape in your life. You cannot face "you".

You are a Godoholic who needs detox and a recovery support group. You've already found the group; now just accept you have a problem. Repeat after me,

"I am Sub_Zero, and I am a Godoholic and I realize my obsession with dogmatic ideas is destroying every meaningful relationship in my life. I want people to respect me, but have come to understand that it is my attitudes that are pushing everyone away, not some idea I'm hiding behind that they are just rejecting God. I am responsible, and I want to become a whole and healthy person again." Amen.

Congratulations. You are ready for step two on your road to a healthy life!

Aside from you treating other human beings like your lab experiment, are you saying they are lashing out at you because they "reject the truth?" Hiding your responsibility behind the Bible??? Is it at all possible they (or us) are lashing out at you for your personal behavior? Possible?? Maybe??

The fact that you said this is supporting my impression that you are using God as an escape in your life. You cannot face "you".

Antlerman, look at what Sub Zero said again. An additional point I think is important here, is that Sub Zero considers EVERYTHING he says is Truth, so when these other people don't consider his teachings are as he is insisting they are purely straight from God, the ultimate TRUTH of the universe, then they are rejecting Truth and lashing out at him. He does NOT present them as his opinions, but the Truths of all Truths! :rolleyes:

I think he needs to first accept that he is not God. Maybe he can't admit they are just his opinions and that he could be wrong? That might be the scary part for him.

^^^^^

Yikes, the more layers we peel away, the uglier it gets. His God-complex is quite severe.

:eek:

You believe the lie the snake told Adam and Eve to this day! (It's an allegory by the way). This is the greatest 'sin' there is and all other 'sins' spring from that.

Even more so I've never been able to get a consistent answer from Christians regarding this. Some insist that humans today are still paying for sins of Adam and Eve. Yet others insist that is not the case.

Yet another example of inconsistent Truth™ preaching.

Hi mmccaskill...I haven't had the pleasure of 'speaking' with you before, but I have been reading and I likey!

Anyway...

I think the reason why you can't get a consistent answer is because they see Adam and Eve as the first ever humans instead of representing the entirety of humanity. They are right and wrong. We are still paying for the believing in lies (wars a good example of that) and commiting crimes against ourselves because of it. This is all the stroy relates to, IMO. If they look at it as a natural progression of mankind, they would understand what the story means and recognize the need for change. With their understanding, change can only come about by believing in Christ...which is also true but on a much deeper level. If one views the story of Christ as being that of suffering that is caused by belief in lies (causing us vs them mindsets) then it is correct. But if they see Christ as a separate person, then that defeats the purpose of non-duality. It's all just a giant misunderstanding, IMO, that reinforces what the story was against. Damn ironic!

Zero responded to a poster named "whatever" over at whistlestopper with this:

No fool, listen whatever... Closely!

Apparently he's never read this verse

Matthew 5:22

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Or maybe, like me, he just doesn't give a shit what Jesus says?

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Of course not, because Subby doesn't interpret that scripture that way. He probably figured out some explanation to why it's not "anyone", or "fool" or "danger".

Um, so are you saying that it was understood at the time the people who called people fools would perish in a trash heap? I'm not understanding your point there, SAA.

Guest sub_zer0

I have settled my sins with Christ, have you?

Hah! You wish!

I have inside information that he tricked you...

You've been talking to the Devil all the time. While you thought you were talking to God and Jesus, you actually were not.

Man! Did the Red Man :fdevil: get you good!

Muahahaha!!!

No.

But 27 years ago I did do the same thing that you did. Prayed the sinners prayer.

Only thing is, I can't say that I settled my sins with christ. Since I don't consider elements of normal human behavior sins. And there is no Christ who heard my prayer. And no big scary judge on a throne to declare me guilty or not.

So, the answer is no.

And, if the answer is "no" for me, it's also the answer concerning you. (regardless of what exists in your imaginary world)

How convenient? But I don't care about settling anything with Christ, because it would be like asking you:

Did you settle your sins with Horus?

Who cares what Myth wants?

:close:

Hi mmccaskill...I haven't had the pleasure of 'speaking' with you before, but I have been reading and I likey!

Anyway...

I think the reason why you can't get a consistent answer is because they see Adam and Eve as the first ever humans instead of representing the entirety of humanity. They are right and wrong. We are still paying for the believing in lies (wars a good example of that) and commiting crimes against ourselves because of it. This is all the stroy relates to, IMO. If they look at it as a natural progression of mankind, they would understand what the story means and recognize the need for change. With their understanding, change can only come about by believing in Christ...which is also true but on a much deeper level. If one views the story of Christ as being that of suffering that is caused by belief in lies (causing us vs them mindsets) then it is correct. But if they see Christ as a separate person, then that defeats the purpose of non-duality. It's all just a giant misunderstanding, IMO, that reinforces what the story was against. Damn ironic!

:grin:NBBTB, I was going to respond to Mmccaskill's post by saying that those of us that see these teachings as metaphors/allegories for spiritual insights to enlightenment can usually come to an agreement on these meanings of these teachings. However, when taken literal... the story does get all messed up. :HaHa:

I thought that Mmccaskill isn't probably use to our kind... he is new... so I let it slide. However, I agree with you. See... proving my point. :wink:

However Mmccaskill, we like the Atheist movement too! :grin:

Guest sub_zer0

Bolded is my emphasis. So with this logic God still loved Hitler despite how he acted. You are correct his love isn't negotiable. The terms for his love have and always will be "Love me or go to hell". Such a true expression of omnibenevolence.

Right. Just like alcoholics and drug addicts kick their habbits by going to rehab, not sitting around praying for jeebus to take the hunger away.

Run to Mohammed. Mohammed wants you to go to him. He wants to be the most important person in your life, the greatest love you'll ever know. He wants you to love him so much that there's no room in your heart and in your life for sin. Invite him to take up residence in your heart.

Dude I didn't write that... So I won't respond.

No.

But 27 years ago I did do the same thing that you did. Prayed the sinners prayer.

Only thing is, I can't say that I settled my sins with christ. Since I don't consider elements of normal human behavior sins. And there is no Christ who heard my prayer. And no big scary judge on a throne to declare me guilty or not.

So, the answer is no.

And, if the answer is "no" for me, it's also the answer concerning you. (regardless of what exists in your imaginary world)

Mythra, your posts are sobering...

Are you quite certain that Christ accepted your "repentance"? The reason I ask is because you certainly have not shown any contriteness towards us, and an unwillingness to confess your shortcomings to others. That raises high suspicions that you are truly unable to accept responsibility. And those who are unable to be humble enough to accept and admit responsibility for their actions - cannot possibly recognize the need for forgiveness - sub. Your faith is a facade. Did you just mouthe the words "Lord, forgive me" without any sense of genuine culpability for your actions?

So, honestly no, I don't believe you have settled your sins with anyone, humans or dieties.

Guest sub_zer0

Are you quite certain that Christ accepted your "repentance"? The reason I ask is because you certainly have not shown any contriteness towards us, and an unwillingness to confess your shortcomings to others. That raises high suspicions that you are truly unable to accept responsibility. And those who are unable to be humble enough to accept and admit responsibility for their actions - cannot possibly recognize the need for forgiveness - sub. Your faith is a facade. Did you just mouthe the words "Lord, forgive me" without any sense of genuine culpability for your actions?

So, honestly no, I don't believe you have settled your sins with anyone, humans or dieties.

I don't need to admit anything to YOU. What responsibility exactly am I unable to accept?

Who are you to judge the way I prayed about my forgiveness to Christ?

As if you knew how I feel and how I pray to begin with... But this should be an entertaining response, hehe.

Also, what have I done towards any of you that requires my guilt and sorrow?

You see, the idea of hell is something I cannot leave out when speaking upon the Bible, Christ and the gift for you if you choose to accept it.

II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Believers in Christ get judged just as the un-believers do as well, let us not forget.

II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Why use this verse on us like it was written down last week? Put the damn thing in context.

It is a pseudepigraphical writing composed in the mid to late second century. In response to the question - "when is Jesus returning" ?

And, the people that were told to be patient died waiting for the promise. As did their children and their children's children. And their bones are dust.

And still no Jesus coming in the clouds with the angels in tow.

You see, the idea of hell is something I cannot leave out when speaking upon the Bible, Christ and the gift for you if you choose to accept it.

The "gift" you speak of ranks up there with a "gift" one might get offered from the mafia.

Also, if I'm not one who was chosen before creation or that god chose to harden me,

then how can I choose to accept it? I wouldn't have a choice.

2 Thessalonians 2:11,12 - 11. "For this reason god sends them a powerful delusion so that they

believe the lie, 12. and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have

delighted in wickedness."

Here we have the evil one deceiving people. So instead of coming to their rescue, gawd

sends a powerful delusion to make sure they believe the evil one and condemns them.

Doesn't sound much like a god who doesn't wish for any to perish. Romans 9:22,23

also contradict 2 Peter 3:9.

Why use this verse on us like it was written down last week? Put the damn thing in context.

It is a pseudepigraphical writing composed in the mid to late second century. In response to the question - "when is Jesus returning" ?

And, the people that were told to be patient died waiting for the promise. As did their children and their children's children. And their bones are dust.

And still no Jesus coming in the clouds with the angels in tow.

Exactly. 2nd century damage control.

Ok, can you please get this through you thick skull - WE DON"T WANT THE GIFT. You and your lard can save yourself the expense. We don't accept lies from liars. Clear enough for you?