Goodbye Jesus

Keeping End3 Honest.

bornagainathiest

If everything is subjective then you are the only one who exists and this is all in your head. There is no possibility of a relationship with anyone or anything because you are all that is.

Think carefully on this… it has a deep implication.

Thought is not the answer, Ravenstar.

Faith in unseen things is always the answer - no matter what the question is.

Proverbs 3 : 5.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

• Like 1

If everything is subjective then you are the only one who exists and this is all in your head. There is no possibility of a relationship with anyone or anything because you are all that is.

That's solipsism,  isn't it?

I would think so.  :D

But Ravenstar didn't tell you that, End...you told yourself that. lol.

• Like 1

So E3, when I get to the Pearly Gates and Jesus says "Depart from me, I never knew you",  I can tell him that it was the fault of my subjective brain that I stopped believing? Do you think that will really work there?

This isn't rhetorical, I really need an answer for this.

No, I don't think that is a valid reason. Had this discussion with friend the other day. People commune with "God" via many different methods....prayer, meditation, nature, etc. I am thinking that our personal joy/satisfaction would have no purpose if we could not share it with others. In that, I think we are to "know" God through those means and then share that knowledge with others. A subjective mind shouldn't hinder that imo. And because this knowledge is bound by subjectivity, personal sacrifice is required to know or understand each other.

I guess it would be interesting if we my do that objectively, but that would open it's own can of worms.

Good question D. I had to think about that one and am still unsure of my answer. smile.png

E3, why wouldn't that be a valid reason?

I appreciate that you had a discussion with your friend the other day and all, but can we stick to the point?  No offense intended.

How come I Dont get my own thread started about ME??? am I not dumb enough dishonest enough or inconsistent enough? What can I do to earn your words of love?

• Like 1

That's solipsism,  isn't it?

I would think so.  biggrin.png

Thanks, I am always forgetting what the term means. :)

How come I Dont get my own thread started about ME??? am I not dumb enough dishonest enough or inconsistent enough? What can I do to earn your words of love?

One out of three, A1.

You're certainly dishonest enough.

Are the Xtians eating each other now?

• Super Moderator

This kid gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "attention hound".  Aren't you supposed to be giving glory to god?  Why are you trying to attract so much of it for yourself?

• Like 2

You have to be specialer.

• Like 2

One out of three, A1.

perhaps you view *honest* Misunderstandings as dis*honest* communication, if that is the case, then that is your choice of definition not mine. Is a student dishonest when a teacher gives him a problem he cant understand just yet, isnt it true that multiple exposure to a new concept is necessary to understanding? and not that they are ignoring it?

Are the Xtians eating each other now?

lol no im saying everyone should be treated equal right?

This kid gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "attention hound".  Aren't you supposed to be giving glory to god?  Why are you trying to attract so much of it for yourself?

Not attention hound, i am seriously and profoundly curious as to why i not being bashed like the others, what have i done to deserve this? essentially its like this....if im not being picked on, then i must be liked.....and heh, quite frankly im not so sure that is the case.

You have to be specialer.

say wha? wha? wha?

One out of three, A1.

perhaps you view *honest* Misunderstandings as dis*honest* communication, if that is the case, then that is your choice of definition not mine.

Perhaps I do, A1.

But before you can conclude that I do, it's necessary for you to present evidence that I do.  Until then you are just speculating and drawing an unwarranted conclusion about what you think I might be doing.  If you can't present the necessary evidence to show that I am doing this, please stop speculating about me and please withdraw your unwarranted conclusion.  Thank you.

Is a student dishonest when a teacher gives him a problem he cant understand just yet,

End3 and I do not enjoy a teacher-student relationship in this forum.  We are all equals here.  Your argument is invalid.

isnt it true that multiple exposure to a new concept is necessary to understanding?

I don't know A1.  Is it true or isn't it?  Please answer your own question with some concrete data.

and not that they are ignoring it?

I don't know what End3 is ignoring and what he isn't.  Why don't you ask him?

Please withdraw your unwarranted conclusion about me, A1.

Thanks,

BAA.

BAA

i hear your concern about the cosmoloy concept and theories, and have not inored them, forgive me if it feels that way

lets discuss them, i have asked repeated if you could Start a new topic for me, becasue i cannot until january 30th.

and i will post once a week in that thread alone on my findings. Once a week is sufficent time for me to do my studies and i am required once a week to respond in that thread regardlign cosmology

is this fair

BAA

i hear your concern about the cosmoloy concept and theories, and have not inored them, forgive me if it feels that way

lets discuss them, i have asked repeated if you could Start a new topic for me, becasue i cannot until january 30th.

and i will post once a week in that thread alone on my findings. Once a week is sufficent time for me to do my studies and i am required once a week to respond in that thread regardlign cosmology

is this fair

Your first order of business A1, is to withdraw the unwarranted conclusion you drew about me in post # 261.

I started you a thread in the Den, A1. 

BAA

is this fair

Your first order of business A1, is to withdraw the unwarranted conclusion you drew about me in post # 261.

you are correct i should have asked i will not or try not to make the same mistake again. my apologies

one is curious though is to see if the conclusion is actually correct

why do you feel i am dishonest? is it because you felt i have ignored something? or that my faith should have been damaged and it wasnt? and im lying about it?

just aksing

where?

• Super Moderator

where?

O_o  Really?

oh i see it now, sorry on mobile cant always see updates lol

thanks man

BAA

is this fair

you are correct i should have asked i will not or try not to make the same mistake again. my apologies

Accepted.

one is curious though is to see if the conclusion is actually correct

why do you feel i am dishonest?    

is it because you felt i have ignored something?    

Yes.  

I privately messaged you three (3) times, offering to help you understand the science info stored on my profile page.  Those messages were sent to you over a period of 48 hours, almost two weeks ago and even though you replied twice, neither of your responses showed any hint of interest in my offers.  My last message read like this... From now on I'll only respond to you in this thread if you choose to learn the facts with an open mind.   Choose.  You neither responded nor made the choice, so it was you who terminated that dialog, not me. 

or that my faith should have been damaged and it wasnt?  

Yes.  

JoshPantera covered this, here...

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

A general statement to lurking readers and participants: 

Reading through some of these Lion's Den posts I can say that it's good that these Christians troll ex-C. It's good because it provides a real time example of how frail Christian faith based world views really are when facing off with various freethinkers. The Christian participants, to use an analogy, are like shot down Japanese soldiers who didn't know the war had ended. They're carrying on as if a creator God is needed as an explanation for existence even to the extent that they've been told that the war is over, but don't believe it. Naturalist explanations consume even an eternal based explanation. Whereas eternity was once viewed as strictly supernatural, in this day and age it's well within the realm of the extent of the natural cosmos. 

Links have been dropped and explanations given. The reason that ancient man created the concept of a creator God(s) was to try and explain what was unknown at the time. But with time these former mysteries have been systematically explained naturally to where a supernatural explanation is unnecessary. The last hold for theists has been the big question of what came before the BB. But with the advancement of science even that unknown past can be explained through natural explanations that do not require resorting to supernatural explanations. Humanity has advanced to the point where supernatural explanations are no longer needed and the simplest explanations are entirely naturalistic. 

That's why BAA suggested that the only intellectually honest response would be wailing and gnashing of teeth because the apologists have run out of rope and have no valid grounds from which to proceed any further. Once that finally sinks in, if it ever sinks in, I'd like to welcome all of the apologists to the community of deconverts. No hard feelings. If you're honestly interested in the pursuit of truth then kindly fall into rank along side the rest of us who are comfortable with uncertainty and understand that absolute truth is a work in progress, not revealed through man made scriptures and religion.......

and im lying about it?    Yes.

just aksing

Now you know.

So my conclusion was right then

I phrased my questions in ways that i already insuinated a "yes answer" to the questions. My induction was valid

So next thing is I did not ignore u. You did not put a question mark at the end if your "choose". Heck man im sorry i honestly didnt know you wanted to have a full blown out discussion in a personal message. I thought you were just responding I thought you were speaking in general. I say this because I also asked multiple times to start a new topic on this, I even posted the old cosmological argument from awhile back before you did and then I said I would even take s look at those too. So no I was not ignoring you you kept asking me these hearty discussion on someone else's thread and I felt that would derail it so I asked repeatedyl to start a new thread about it and you never did

• Super Moderator

You did not put a question mark at the end if your "choose". 

"Choose" is not an interrogative; it is an imperative with an understood "you".  Therefore, no question mark is necessary.  Lessons in basic grammar would be of utmost benefit to you, A1. 

You did not put a question mark at the end if your "choose". 

"Choose" is not an interrogative; it is an imperative with an understood "you".  Therefore, no question mark is necessary.  Lessons in basic grammar would be of utmost benefit to you, A1. 

agreed it was a genuine misunderstandign thats why i said earlier perhaps their was accident viewing an *honest* Misunderstandings as dis*honest* communication

• Super Moderator

Miscommunications would occur less frequently if you'd speak the same language as the rest of us, A1.

• Like 1