Goodbye Jesus

Keeping End3 Honest.

bornagainathiest

We of all people believed that Jesus could make us better, but alas we ended up much like end3. But we wouldn't lie to ourselves about what we become and we knew that the only way we could ever really love, was to kick this pathetic excuse for a god out on his un almighty arse.

You're new PoP. Enlighten me how my turning away from Christianity would make me able to love.

I am more interested in whether holding on to christianity is what makes end the fantastically wise and loving person he portrays on this forum ... or if it just come naturally.

Praise Jesus but fuck all you Ex-c sons-a-bitches..lol  (sarcasm).

So is End3 honest yet?

Will he be honest after another 160 messages?

Some tasks will never be complete.

Some of y'all are just not nice people....or hurt beyond repair. I don't dislike y'all, it's just the potential relationship we may have is like particles floating on the opposite sides of the universe.......and, some are more intimate.

We of all people believed that Jesus could make us better, but alas we ended up much like end3. But we wouldn't lie to ourselves about what we become and we knew that the only way we could ever really love, was to kick this pathetic excuse for a god out on his un almighty arse.

You're new PoP. Enlighten me how my turning away from Christianity would make me able to love.

I am more interested in whether holding on to christianity is what makes end the fantastically wise and loving person he portrays on this forum ... or if it just come naturally.

Praise Jesus but fuck all you Ex-c sons-a-bitches..lol  (sarcasm).

I'm not that much redneck, but have my moments...

Some of y'all are just not nice people....or hurt beyond repair. I don't dislike y'all, it's just the potential relationship we may have is like particles floating on the opposite sides of the universe.......and, some are more intimate.

Because all of this is much better than typing the words "Of course there is an objective reality".  Don't type those words because if you did then who knows what might happen.  Avoid that at all cost.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Some of y'all are just not nice people....

Nothing nicer than implying that being a redneck is a bad thing right in front of one.

• Like 1

Some of y'all are just not nice people....

Nothing nicer than implying that being a redneck is a bad thing right in front of one.

I is one myself brother.

When Christian meat enters the Den... we Lions kill and eat it.

After 7,326 posts, if you still think we want to have some kind of "relationship" with you, then I hold out little hope of you ever learning that we don't. 

Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 2

Uh guys? How about we make this a little less personal?

• Like 1

I agree.  This always happens.  When a certain Christian can't argue the issue he switches to insults.  Guys don't take the bait.  Once this becomes a game of Who-Can-Make-The-Best-Insult he is off the hook and the issue becomes forgotten.

• Like 3

End3: It's never easy to listen to someone tell you that you are wrong. It can be mistaken for insensitivity or worse. And sometimes the criticizer gets carried away with his or her rhetoric. But I don't think that there are many people, if any, that really dislike you. But if any of us exchristians modified what we believe to be the truth, or if you did, for the purpose of avoiding hurting someone's feelings, there would be no purpose for this forum. Rip

• Like 2

We may not possess complete objective certainty.

It warns of this in the Bible...just sayin.

The bible also claims that god was not able to defeat an army with chariots of iron, despite making the contradictory claim that with god all things are possible.

Compare this:

And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.  Judges 1:19

With this:

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.  Matthew 19:26

The reason the bible is so full of contradictions like this one is because the bible is a subjective book written by subjective men who had subjective social and political agendas.  The bible, therefore, is an unreliable source for assessing objective reality.  Any and all biblically-based conclusions you draw concerning reality will also be unreliable.

The only objective means of assessing reality is science.

"Iron chariots" is my favourite biblical contradiction, because the bible says in Judges that god could not succeed because the enemy had chariots of iron, yet it says in Joshua that god would succeed in spite of the fact that enemy had chariots of iron. So, xians, which is it?

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Chariots_of_iron

• Like 1

Been on many christian forums end3, these people are much nicer than the christians I have ever met. There also more sane than the chrstians I have ever met. Also why did you ask me all those questions end3? then didnt follow up.

I asked those questions to get an idea of where you were coming from, your perspective. Don't know that I had any follow up questions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ah, you are back End.

So tell me this.  If there is no objective reality then why is DUI, driving while intoxicated or under the influence of control substances, illegal?  If there was no objective reality then who is to say if some people are never drunk no matter how much alcohol they consume?  Why would anything be illegal?  If there is no objective reality then who is to say that murder victims don't enjoy being murdered?  You would have no way to know if those victims were even real in the first place.  Perhaps they were only a dream.  How could you know?  And punishing murderers would also be meaningless, right?  They might be dreams instead of real so it shouldn't matter if we give them a fair trail or simply burn them alive, right?  How would anything have any meaning at all?

If there is no objective reality then why do you bother to eat?  After all food is expensive and you don't really know that you need to eat.  Why not save a few bucks and stop eating altogether?  Perhaps hunger is only a dream.  Without an objective reality there is no way to know if hunger is related in any way to eating food.  Why would you limit yourself to only eating food?  If there is no objective reality then why not eat silver or rocks or glass?  Why not?

Feel free at any time to admit that there is an objective reality.  Whenever the lightbulb goes off you let us know.

I agree.  This always happens.  When a certain Christian can't argue the issue he switches to insults.  Guys don't take the bait.  Once this becomes a game of Who-Can-Make-The-Best-Insult he is off the hook and the issue becomes forgotten.

To Orbit and MyMistake...

I get where you guys are coming from, but the facts speak for themselves.

In this thread it is the born-again and spiritually-regenerated Christian who has used all the foul language, made ad hominem attacks and thrown the personal insults around.  All the un-Christian venom and rage has come from him.  He is the one who, contrary to scripture, lacks a spirit of self-control, lacks a spirit of peace, lacks gentleness, kindness and patience.  No filthy words and insults have come from me at all.

I would also like to point out that he's not even being required to turn the other cheek.

That's because no insult, no hurt and no injury has been done to him by me in this thread.  All I have done is hold him to account for his own words and to account for what the Bible says about the behavior of 'true' believers.  My actions are fully in agreement with the Bible itself and they are also permitted, here in the Den.

He and I are not trading insult for insult, evil for evil.

ALL of the evil and poison and darkness has come from him.  None has come from me.  And this imbalance, this asymmetry, is more significant than you might at first think.  It's a very clear indicator (in two ways) that something is seriously, seriously wrong.  

First, there's the massive disagreement between how the Bible says Christians should behave and his behavior.

Ok, the Bible also says that everyone is lost and broken and so perhaps we should therefore cut him some slack.  But there's an all-too-obvious elephant in the room.  If everyone is lost and broken, how is it possible for me, the doubly-lost and doubly-broken EX-Christian to behave as I do?

I have turned away from Jesus Christ and I firmly, fully and totally reject him.

Yet I have the self-control this Christian doesn't.  I have the patience he doesn't.  I have the gentleness and kindness that he lacks.  I show compassion and love to those who ask me for help, without judging or condemning them.  I treat everyone here as my equal, when he expects special treatment.  

Also, when I am shown to be wrong about something I gladly and freely admit to it.  

I don't dodge the issue, stay out of the forum until the heat dies down, equivocate or gloss over the issue.  I face it square on and own up to it.  That's honest thing to do.  So please search your memories and the archived posts in this forum for examples of where this Christian has done that without having to be coerced into doing so.

So how can all these things be?  How is this possible?

How can the behavior and displayed morality of a re-born, purified and blessed Christian be so full of venom and darkness?

How is it that a doubly-fallen, godless and degenerate atheist like myself can display the virtues he so clearly lacks?

Please think carefully about these questions.  Thank you.

Please also note that I don't make this comparison lightly.

I've never called attention to myself this way before.  I do so now to hold a certain Christian accountable to his god for the way he acts in this forum.  I do so now for the benefit of the members, the newbies and the lurkers reading this thread.  So that they may see the difference between us and take note.  So that they may realize that morals, morality and moral behavior DO exist outside of the the Bible.

Lastly, please rest assured that the issue will not be forgotten.

If you know my s.o.p. in Ex-C you'll know that I'm not one for forgetting issues.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

In this thread it is the born-again and spiritually-regenerated Christian who has used all the foul language, made ad hominem attacks and thrown the personal insults around. ... 

Excellent post! Quoted for Truth.

In this thread it is the born-again and spiritually-regenerated Christian who has used all the foul language, made ad hominem attacks and thrown the personal insults around.  All the un-Christian venom and rage has come from him.  He is the one who, contrary to scripture, lacks a spirit of self-control, lacks a spirit of peace, lacks gentleness, kindness and patience.  

Well of course.  Christianity is full of hypocrisy and drives Christians to behave badly.  That can be seen time and time again.

Hahahaha! endy's still here? I see that great christian love is oozing from him too. And of course, after all the fuck you's and bitches, he's all apologetic and blames his childhood and us for "bringing out the worst in him". Nothing changes, I guess.

Hey endy, since you really don't seem to follow anything your bible teaches, what is your faith in anyway? What's the point? Fire insurance, apparently?

• Like 1

Guest Furball

In this thread it is the born-again and spiritually-regenerated Christian who has used all the foul language, made ad hominem attacks and thrown the personal insults around.  All the un-Christian venom and rage has come from him.  He is the one who, contrary to scripture, lacks a spirit of self-control, lacks a spirit of peace, lacks gentleness, kindness and patience.  No filthy words and insults have come from me at all.

I would also like to point out that he's not even being required to turn the other cheek.

That's because no insult, no hurt and no injury has been done to him by me in this thread.  All I have done is hold him to account for his own words and to account for what the Bible says about the behavior of 'true' believers.  My actions are fully in agreement with the Bible itself and they are also permitted, here in the Den.

ALL of the evil and poison and darkness has come from him.  None has come from me.  And this imbalance, this asymmetry, is more significant than you might at first think.  It's a very clear indicator (in two ways) that something is seriously, seriously wrong.  

First, there's the massive disagreement between how the Bible says Christians should behave and his behavior.

Ok, the Bible also says that everyone is lost and broken and so perhaps we should therefore cut him some slack.  But there's an all-too-obvious elephant in the room.  If everyone is lost and broken, how is it possible for me, the doubly-lost and doubly-broken EX-Christian to behave as I do?

I have turned away from Jesus Christ and I firmly, fully and totally reject him.

Yet I have the self-control this Christian doesn't.  I have the patience he doesn't.  I have the gentleness and kindness that he lacks.  I show compassion and love to those who ask me for help, without judging or condemning them.  I treat everyone here as my equal, when he expects special treatment.  

Also, when I am shown to be wrong about something I gladly and freely admit to it.  

I don't dodge the issue, stay out of the forum until the heat dies down, equivocate or gloss over the issue.  I face it square on and own up to it.  That's honest thing to do.  So please search your memories and the archived posts in this forum for examples of where this Christian has done that without having to be coerced into doing so.

How can the behavior and displayed morality of a re-born, purified and blessed Christian be so full of venom and darkness?

How is it that a doubly-fallen, godless and degenerate atheist like myself can display the virtues he so clearly lacks?

I've never called attention to myself this way before.  I do so now to hold a certain Christian accountable to his god for the way he acts in this forum.  I do so now for the benefit of the members, the newbies and the lurkers reading this thread.  So that they may see the difference between us and take note.  So that they may realize that morals, morality and moral behavior DO exist outside of the the Bible.

If you know my s.o.p. in Ex-C you'll know that I'm not one for forgetting issues.

Thanks,

BAA.

Fantastic post. I wish every christian could read this who thinks that without the bible and it's deity that no moral compass can exist. -peace

Praise Jesus but fuck all you Ex-c sons-a-bitches..lol (sarcasm).

Speaking of which, I never got a clear answer from End on why a Christian should ever permit himself to use the word fuck. He just pulled an Ironhorse and sent me a bibliography.

Thanks,

BAA.

*The wish of mine that will never be granted* -- End3's honest reply to the above quoted post...

So, if I'm correct, this thread was 10 pages of End3 saying everything's subjective while implying he believes there's an objective reality (ie "even the Bible says there was the creation before man") as everyone tried to get him to explicitly state/admit this, with some cursing/insults thrown in. Fun.

It's an atheist conspiracy.  Admitting that there is an objective reality is the Mark of the Beast.  Anybody who does that will lose their salvation for all eternity. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Where'd you go, End3?  Did we get you a little too close to the truth again?

• Like 1