Goodbye Jesus

Keeping End3 Honest.

bornagainathiest

Ahhh, E3 is getting loaded again. I can wait.

Where'd you go, End3?

Reloading..

Ok, he needed 90 mins, and counting, to recover from making that post.  This is going to be a loooong night, people.

So, if a Christian and an atheist walk into a bar (or anywhere else, together), who is part of whose subjective reality?

Will End see Jesus while the atheist does not? I mean, you know...really see the Jesus person, not some crap about "Jesus is in the rocks and trees and mountains." Not the imaginary, in your head good feeling that Christians usually claim is Jesus, but the real deal in person.

Will the atheist belong to the Christian's subjective reality or will the Christian belong to the atheist's subjective reality? What if there's a conflict of perception? Can a pink elephant exist in the room for one person while it does not exist in the room for someone else, simultaneously?

Can person 1 be part of person 2's subjective reality and yet have  his own completely different subjective reality inside of person 2's reality?

If Jesus is limited to one's subjective reality then the Great Commission is null and void. Jesus just isn't in my subjective reality so no point in recruiting me.

Oh well, all this has probably been covered in the previous 9 pages. :-)

Don't we go through this with Descartes?  (philosophy 101)

Are we only just brains in a vat then?

So, if a Christian and an atheist walk into a bar (or anywhere else, together), who is part of whose subjective reality?

Will End see Jesus while the atheist does not? I mean, you know...really see the Jesus person, not some crap about "Jesus is in the rocks and trees and mountains." Not the imaginary, in your head good feeling that Christians usually claim is Jesus, but the real deal in person.

The good feeling that Christians usually claim is Jesus is as real as Jesus gets.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Where'd you go, End3?

Reloading..

You were out of ammo a long time ago, End3.  You've shot nothing but blanks this entire thread.  I hate to have to point that out to you; but that's what friends do.

• Like 2

Where'd you go, End3?

Reloading..

You cannot know that you've been reloading, End.

You only believe that's what you've been doing.

If everything is subjective, then you have no knowledge of anything, only belief about everything.

Some of us are at least as much while others are just vats.
  • Like 1

Where'd you go, End3?

Reloading..

If everything is subjective, then you have no knowledge of anything, only belief about everything.

Quoted to get around End's blocking of BAA, and for truth.

• Like 1

Where'd you go, End3?

Reloading..

Where do I sign up to get put on ignore by End3?  

Some of us are at least as much while others are just vats.

hahahahaha  lol   love it.

Where'd you go, End3?

Reloading..

Where do I sign up to get put on ignore by End3?

It's in your membership section...feel fucking free

Some of y'all are just not nice people....or hurt beyond repair. I don't dislike y'all, it's just the potential relationship we may have is like particles floating on the opposite sides of the universe.......and, some are more intimate.

Dude lol. It's amazing that you Christians have no clue what you're doing.  You think we need your religion, because it tells you that everyone should believe like you do.  But you live in a world that has many different beliefs.  Yet that's not acceptable to you.  How would you like it if someone came to you pretending to love you just so you might possibly convert to their religion? That's not love, it's bigotry.  It's really shitty, and especially to do that to ex-Christians.  You aren't doing what's right.. you need to learn the meaning of do to others.

• Like 7

Some of y'all are just not nice people....or hurt beyond repair. I don't dislike y'all, it's just the potential relationship we may have is like particles floating on the opposite sides of the universe.......and, some are more intimate.

Dude lol. It's amazing that you Christians have no clue what you're doing.  You think we need your religion, because it tells you that everyone should believe like you do.  But you live in a world that has many different beliefs.  Yet that's not acceptable to you.  How would you like it if someone came to you pretending to love you just so you might possibly convert to their religion? That's not love, it's bigotry.  It's really shitty, and especially to do that to ex-Christians.  You aren't doing what's right.. you need to learn the meaning of do to others.

Dang it! I hate being out of reputation points to give out when I come across an excellent post like Mikey's. I owe you one.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Reputation point given on behalf of Thackerie.

• Like 2

Reputation point given on behalf of Thackerie.

ThanX! And here's one for you.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

:)

Mike,

I'm not here to convert anyone. If there is a Heaven, I hope we all may go. I just come here to cuss and discuss the difference in ideas. Please don't feel offended or that I am trying to convert you or anyone. I'm not. You seem like a decent, honest person and I have no intention in forcing you to believe something or making you feel bad....none of that. It's just purely cussing and discussing ideology/theology, etc.

If I have made you feel bad, I don't remember that that was my intention. Thanks, Happy New Year.

"End3.....End3, this is the unpronounceable almighty speaking through the heretic pantera. Why have you cussed and discussed with the dammed? You're either for me or against me and from your tone I can see that you have no respect for the great commission. I alone judge. And I see see your words and hear your thoughts.

Wo, wo, and woo, woo unto thee!!!!!!" 

Mike,

I'm not here to convert anyone. If there is a Heaven, I hope we all may go. I just come here to cuss and discuss the difference in ideas. Please don't feel offended or that I am trying to convert you or anyone. I'm not. You seem like a decent, honest person and I have no intention in forcing you to believe something or making you feel bad....none of that. It's just purely cussing and discussing ideology/theology, etc.

If I have made you feel bad, I don't remember that that was my intention. Thanks, Happy New Year.

It seems that you are incapable of honesty.  I understand, that's just the way it is in that world.  I wasn't able to be honest either. 

But unortunately, that's usually the way harm is done.  "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."  The person on the road is not capable of seeing what road they are on, they believe it is a road of love and peace.  They have no idea of the harm (hell) they are bringing to others.

The world doesn't need God. There are many different beliefs in the world, and that is just one. But in your world, you are taught that all should believe in God. It seems reasonable to you, but in truth, it's bigotry.

• Like 1

Mike,

It seems that you are incapable of honesty.  I understand, that's just the way it is in that world.  I wasn't able to be honest either. 

But unortunately, that's usually the way harm is done.  "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."  The person on the road is not capable of seeing what road they are on, they believe it is a road of love and peace.  They have no idea of the harm (hell) they are bringing to others.

The world doesn't need God. There are many different beliefs in the world, and that is just one. But in your world, you are taught that all should believe the same. That is bigotry.

I would like to know how I am being dishonest Mike. Please share if you don't mind.

Mike,

The world doesn't need God. There are many different beliefs in the world, and that is just one. But in your world, you are taught that all should believe the same. That is bigotry.

I would like to know how I am being dishonest Mike. Please share if you don't mind.

Do you think the world needs God?

I think the world(people) need understanding. If we call God "understanding", then yes, I think the world needs God.

^^^^

See that right there?  That is you being dishonest.  People need food in order to live.  If we call food "God" then people need God.  People need air in order to live.  If we call air "God" then people need God.

• Like 2

I think the world(people) need understanding. If we call God "understanding", then yes, I think the world needs God.

Is there understanding without God?