Goodbye Jesus

An Appeal For Justus

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator

Well let's start from the beginning, with Abiogenesis?    

No, son.  I didn't ask you to explain your lack of knowledge concerning abiogenesis.  I asked you to explain evolution, as you understand it.  We'll get around to the ridiculous creationist claim that "life came from non-life" later.

For now, stay focused on the subject at hand.

What happen to the photon when sound waves move over the light does, the photon expand and being to shine? 

Wait, what?

A photon moving at 299,792,458 meters per second gets moved over by particles of air disturbed at 320 meters per second?  How much does your car slow down when you are driving down the freeway and a bug hits your windshield?

• Like 1

If you are not Christian then what would you call your religion?

My opinion.  But as far as organized faith, the Declaration and U.S. Constitution.

This isn't the first time you have evaded that question.  If you won't tell us about your religion then don't complain if we don't understand your religion.  You won't tell us.

Clearly you've got more woo than a steam locomotive.

I don't subscribe to any particular organized religion.  But if you mean a written doctrine, read the Declaration.   But I am not here to convert anyone to my beliefs, I had some questions that I thought would best be answered by those who would have alternative viewpoints, not pick any fights.

Well let's start from the beginning, with Abiogenesis?   Seems that as of yet there hasn't been any plausible theory found yet that can explain how non living matter turned into living matter in order for evolution to being with.  

If you can't establish a pluasible working theory to explain how it could have started, then there is no sense in speculating how it would work.  Unless you can have verifiable data that records such random mutation necessary for the theory of evolution then you all you would have would be  your hope without evidence. 

Your contention about abiogenesis is without merit. Regardless of whether or not we know how life came about has no bearing on the fact that it exists now and that we can study it now.

There are numerous studies that verify that Evolution exists and explains a lot of why and how we and the other organisms on this planet are what we are now.

The fact that you have to get a flu shot every year is likely the most simple proof that evolution occurs. The virus mutates in order to survive, which forces the drug and medical community to develop new vaccines to combat the new virus mutations. Its a process that continues every year.

You only need to search Google for proof of evolution. There is information in droves. Not hard to find. If you still disbelieve, that is on you. It isn't the job of anyone here on this forum to do your work for you.

• Like 1

Flu shots are a left-wing conspiracy.  Every good fundamentalist knows that.

Ceilingcat.. I learned most of my evolutionary biology on youtube… these are a few simple videos that explain it very well.

David Attenborough is awesome too, as is Dawkins... and talkorigins.org (ton of info there). Almost any NOVA program on nature has info on evolution.

Once I had a basic grasp of it I then started watching AronRa and other more in-depth biology videos and lectures. Paleontology helps too!  :)  I have a LOT to learn, but the info is out there. Right now I'm fascinated by paleolithic anthropology.

• Like 2

No, son.  I didn't ask you to explain your lack of knowledge concerning abiogenesis.  I asked you to explain evolution, as you understand it.  We'll get around to the ridiculous creationist claim that "life came from non-life" later.

You don't even have the intellectual honesty to admit that at this time there is no evidence to scientific validate your faith in the evolution.  Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not seen.  But a liar abides not in the truth, and in such you apparently have no problem  misrepresenting the obvious.  

You remind me of the street preacher trying to tell me that a man can walk on water by faith.   If water has the density of 999.97 kg/m³  and flesh has the density of 1060 kg/m³, it aint going to happen unless the density is somehow altered to result surface density being greater than the density of the object on the surface.  

Matt 14:30-31

30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

^^^^  Your equivocation is patently dishonest…and you fucking know it. Your projection of your own faults on to others is, frankly, embarrassing by proximity.  I tried… politely, so did others. You are a waste of breath.

But calling the professor a liar?

Fuck off

oh.. and you aren't nearly as clever as you think you are.

• Like 3

You don't even have the intellectual honesty to admit that at this time there is no evidence to scientific validate your faith in the evolution.  Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not seen.  But a liar abides not in the truth, and in such you apparently have no problem  misrepresenting the obvious.  

You remind me of the street preacher trying to tell me that a man can walk on water by faith.   If water has the density of 999.97 kg/m³  and flesh has the density of 1060 kg/m³, it aint going to happen unless the density is somehow altered to result surface density being greater than the density of the object on the surface.  

30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

You don't have the intellectual honesty to answer the question posed to you in the OP.  You don't have the intellectual honesty to understand (even though many people have tried to explain it) that evolution and abiogenesis are different fields of study.  You don't have the intellectual honesty to clearly explain when people are asking about the specifics of your beliefs.

To everyone else, I think we can be done with this guy.  Good try with this thread prof, but I think it's a lost cause.

• Like 3

I don't subscribe to any particular organized religion.  But if you mean a written doctrine, read the Declaration.   But I am not here to convert anyone to my beliefs, I had some questions that I thought would best be answered by those who would have alternative viewpoints, not pick any fights.

You are a Christian and you are here to preach.  Part of the folly of fundamentalism is living life without a clue.  Spreading ignorance is your profession. Hate is your badge of honor. Dullness your crown.

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed how the quality and quantity of the current crop of self-professed Christians on this forum are at a rather low ebb?

I count three - Ironhorse the Oblivious, End3 the Dysfunctional and Justus the Ignorant.

Slim pickins' indeed.

• Like 2

THIS is why I rarely get into discussions with the believers who wander into this site -- they don't want to discuss; they merely want to insult. (Justus's first response to me was an insult; so I'm not going to try to talk to him again, but I will think of him as Just Ass from now on.)

Oh, well. At least the lurkers can see the true nature of the christians who post here. Gotta be a huge turn-off.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I understand your need to resort to ad hominems when faced with questions you either can't or don't want to answer.  You immediately feel defensive and need to lash out because you don't understand the subject at hand and don't want to have to admit it.  Moreover, you know that what you are claiming--that there is no evidence to support evolution--is simply not true.  I know that secretly you don't want to have to face the evidence that would shatter your entire worldview.  Trust me, I've been there.

However, there is no place for that here.  What I am attempting to do is present to you the evidence which does support the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, as I have seen many posts in which you demonstrate a profound misunderstanding of it.  I am trying to help you to see the truth of reality. 

You say you are not here to preach.  You claimed in another thread that you had question you thought we could answer.  Are you listening?  Are you willing to examine the evidence?  Or would you rather lash out and remain in ignorance?  If you dont want my help, or anybody else's here, just say so; just admit you'd rather remain ignorant of how evolution works.  We'll all gladly turn our attention to CeilingCat.

As far as anyone's intellectual honesty is concerned, you may want to prove yours by simply addressing the OP in an honest manner. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Has anyone noticed how the quality and quantity of the current crop of self-professed Christians on this forum are at a rather low ebb?

I count three - Ironhorse the Oblivious, End3 the Dysfunctional and Justus the Ignorant.

Slim pickins' indeed.

Dn'ot thta frogot t hat trll A1 teh staek sawse.

• Like 2

Slim pickins' indeed.

Dn'ot thta frogot t hat trll A1 teh staek sawse.

Yeah, so quickly I forgot about that one.  A1SteakSauce the Chump.

That makes four

You don't even have the intellectual honesty to admit that at this time there is no evidence to scientific validate your faith in the evolution.  

Wow, you have that ass backwards.  There is no faith in evolution.  The scientific evidence that validates our understanding of evolution fills thousands of libraries and museams.  It took perhaps hundreds of thousands of man hours of labor of study.

You are the one going by faith and being intellectually dishonest.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not seen.

This is a claim.  Unless you can prove it is true it remains unfounded.  Showing me the Bible verse where you found it does not prove it is true.  But don't waste your time.  It is false by definition.  Evidence is detectable.  Hope has no substance.

Just Ass is a waste of time.  But this thread is useful, for showing lurkers and new members why he is a waste of time, and for providing an example of what xians who come here are like.  I think I'll save the link for future reference.

• Like 2

Just Ass is a waste of time.  But this thread is useful, for showing lurkers and new members why he is a waste of time, and for providing an example of what xians who come here are like.  I think I'll save the link for future reference.

Yes, arguments in the Lion's Den are very useful.  So many people spend the first decades of their life trapped in a restrictive all-Christian environment where they are fed only propaganda.  I know I was.  And when you grow up on a family like that Christian theology can seem so perfect and flawless because you have never been exposed to any idea that challenges it.  But when ideas are free to flow without rules Christianity gets clobbered every single time.

• Like 1

let keep the thread on track on just evolution and not distracted,,,,,,

just evolution and see if justus would like to understand, or he will be playing his abiogenesis card, where it should be another topic,,,,

so will be the first cause,,,,,,,

His abiogenesis card is a nothing card.

Unless he is a troll, he is not a waste of time.

Unless he is a troll, he is not a waste of time.

I've never seen Justus engage in legitimate conversation.  He posts a few flames and then leaves.  He comes back, joins a new conversation to flame that then disappears for a while.  I've tried to get him to have a conversation and it doesn't go well.

• Like 1

If you read any his posts you will see he is not interested in conversation… when someone posts something in reply to him he changes tack and brings up another subject, usually with some scripture or fallacy attached, and often an ad hominem.

It's kind of like this: nya nya nya (insert ridiculous assertion from bible or fundy website) nya nya, you are wrong because you can't answer __________ (insert any gap in knowledge science may have without ANY interest in any evidence we can provide), nya nya nya (insert something totally unrelated, with snippet of scripture) nya nya nya. (with fingers in ears.. la la la, I'm not listening), nya nya (insert personal insult thinly veiled as religious reply, complete with scripture)... ad infinitum…

He's not here to engage in any kind of respectful dialogue… it's all a sarcastic monologue with a side dish of insult and condescension... and masturbatory self-righteous smugness.

The professor kindly offered to share some information we have on evolution… he didn't say he had to accept our reasoning, just offered the info - which would at least open the way for maybe some understanding of where we are coming from.. and he basically spit on that offer, rudely, and accused the professor of dishonesty.

At least end3 replies... we might not like it but it is sort of within the topic at hand.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

I understand your need to resort to ad hominems when faced with questions you either can't or don't want to answer.  You immediately feel defensive and need to lash out because you don't understand the subject at hand and don't want to have to admit it.  Moreover, you know that what you are claiming--that there is no evidence to support evolution--is simply not true.  I know that secretly you don't want to have to face the evidence that would shatter your entire worldview.  Trust me, I've been there.

However, there is no place for that here.  What I am attempting to do is present to you the evidence which does support the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, as I have seen many posts in which you demonstrate a profound misunderstanding of it.  I am trying to help you to see the truth of reality. 

You say you are not here to preach.  You claimed in another thread that you had question you thought we could answer.  Are you listening?  Are you willing to examine the evidence?  Or would you rather lash out and remain in ignorance?  If you dont want my help, or anybody else's here, just say so; just admit you'd rather remain ignorant of how evolution works.  We'll all gladly turn our attention to CeilingCat.

As far as anyone's intellectual honesty is concerned, you may want to prove yours by simply addressing the OP in an honest manner. 

Bump.

What will it be, Justus?