Goodbye Jesus

Does Absolute Morality Exist?

Skankboy

I've heard some good things about Billy Graham. Not sure about the rest.

I'm more of a Graham Goldsworthy or Peter Jensen or Stott or McDowell type...

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheListener

• crazy-tiger

• Skankboy

• Kuroikaze

I've heard some good things about Billy Graham. Not sure about the rest.

I'm more of a Graham Goldsworthy or Peter Jensen or Stott or McDowell type...

Are you sure you're a thumper?

Looks like Goldsworthy is a biology dude and Jensen a computer science geek.

Stott looks to be the only religioso.

Except Josh McDowell, of course - if that's the McDowell you are referring to.

No sabe quien.

The ultimate theology comes from the Bible, who cares what Benny Hinn thinks of it. All theologans are flawed anyway.

How old are you crazy-tiger?

A pathetic attempt to set me up for an Ad Hom there...

If I give a young age, then you'll tell me I need to grow up...

If I give a mature age, then you'll tell me I need to act my age...

Either way, you'll have tried to discredit my points by attacking me.

'Tain't gonna happen.

Oh, and don't forget to answer the question... :grin:

Which bible? And why are those theologians flawed but YOU have the true meaning of the bible?

I can't be bothered answering your question if you can't be bothered answering mine. :)

Which bible? And why are those theologians flawed but YOU have the true meaning of the bible?

When did I say "I" have the true meaning of the Bible?

How can you say they are flawed then? If you don't have the right of it, then you cant judge if they are flawed or not can you? On what do you make your judgement? Or you admitting your wrong too?

I can't be bothered answering your question if you can't be bothered answering mine. :)

Not my question... it was Skankboy's.

Now be polite and answer the question... :grin:

How can you say they are flawed then? If you don't have the right of it, then you cant judge if they are flawed or not can you? On what do you make your judgement? Or you admitting your wrong too?

Every man is sinful and so can not possibly have the right interpretation. However, some interpretations are better than others. I don't have ALL the right answers nor does anyone else.

crazy-tiger: We went off that topic a long time ago and I answered the question to the best I can. you just didn't like my answer so you want me to tell you what you want to hear.

crazy-tiger: We went off that topic a long time ago and I answered the question to the best I can. you just didn't like my answer so you want me to tell you what you want to hear.

Oh yeah... when you said that Jesus was the standard of morality even though he sinned...

Yeah, that certainly answered the question, didn't it? :loser:

So...which bible again? You haven't said which one.

I didn't say Jesus sinned, you did.
CT got his information from the bible. He didn't make that statement completely on his own. Jesus sinned quite a bit according to the bible. Surely you've read those parts. :scratch:

No?

Why not?

And I said those were not sins. That is your interpretation of it.

PS: I use the NIV Bible.

Uh-uh. The Southern Baptists won't like that. You have to read the KJV.

Yeah, going to hell for sure. Unless of course the baptists are wrong.

And I said those were not sins. That is your interpretation of it.

PS: I use the NIV Bible.

Would you say that breaking 1 of the 10 commandments would be classed as a sin?

Your answer will be very interesting, since you are about to agree that Jesus sinned, or about to claim that breaking the commandments isn't sinning...

Was the commandment "do not work" or was it how the Pharisees saw it to be? Which one did Jesus break and which one did David break?

Was the commandment "do not work" or was it how the Pharisees saw it to be?

Hum...

8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

With Jesus and his gang working in the fields because they were hungry, it's a very clear case of breaking the commandment...

Which one did Jesus break and which one did David break?

Who the fuck mentioned David? Are you deliberately trying to change the subject here?

Have you got ADD or something? You just can't keep on one subject for more than a couple of posts before redirecting it...

What does Jesus say when the Pharisees blame him for working on the Sabath? He gives the example of David. I wasn't redirecting, I was trying to get you to look at the said passage in context. Picking some grains for a hungray man was not work as Jesus explained but you seem to have no problem judging Jesus.

No, I do not have ADD however you obviously have trouble keeping up with me in which case I will try to slow things down and spell them out for you.

Picking up sticks on the sabbath would get you killed.

What does Jesus say when the Pharisees blame him for working on the Sabath? He gives the example of David. I wasn't redirecting, I was trying to get you to look at the said passage in context. Picking some grains for a hungray man was not work as Jesus explained but you seem to have no problem judging Jesus.

Does the commandment to not work on the Sabbath have any kind of loop hole? Does it state VERY CLEARLY that NO WORK WAS TO BE DONE AT ALL?

Jesus sinned... and uses None-Absolute Morality to get out of it. But that doesn't change the fact that he sinned, does it?

No, I do not have ADD however you obviously have trouble keeping up with me in which case I will try to slow things down and spell them out for you.

Dude, I'm having no trouble here... just wondering why you keep changing the subject so much. If it isn't ADD, then I gues you just don't want to get to the point where you have to give a proper answer...

Could you provide any OT verses defining work?

The Pharisees made intricate rules defining work where God was vague. Jesus broke the Pharisees rules not God's.

crazy-tiger: I am ignoring your ad hominem attacks.

Could you provide any OT verses defining work?

The Pharisees made intricate rules defining work where God was vague. Jesus broke the Pharisees rules not God's.

crazy-tiger: I am ignoring your ad hominem attacks.

Ok I have to point this out because you said earlier that bible scholars and theologins don't truely understand the bible...and then admit you don't understand it either. Now you admit that the pharisees and other people in Jesus times didn't understand it. The bible was vague so they added stuff so it would make sense.

If this is the case. If people who studie the bible for 50 years, if you, if the pharisees did not understand the bible, if all of the people who used the bible to justify all sorts of atrocites throughout history didn't understand it......

then what the hell use is the bible for setting an understanding of morality? :twitch: