Goodbye Jesus

"the Case For Christ" By Lee Stroebel

Bluechipx

The books' raison d'etre  seems to be for Christians to keep their faith despite our complaints. Strobel has "proved" how all the moral problems with the Bible aren't really moral problems and all scientific and historical problems are really because scientists and historians are conspiring against the world. Strobel (more specifically the Christian apologists he's interviewing. He can't get original material) even has the balls to say that the contradictions in the Bible actually prove the Bible is true.

On the topic of financial motivation, I think that explains the many sequels that are really retreads of the Case for Faith and the Case for Christ. I know the 30th entry in Strobel's Case for Series will come out really soon. The Case for Genesis not being bullshit. Only $30.

I know the 30th entry in Strobel's Case for Series will come out really soon. The Case for Genesis not being bullshit. Only $30.

Wow. I had no idea that there were that many or that any of them cost that much. From what I recall, I think the first one ("The Case for Christ") was fairly inexpensive when it came out. Of course, people were encouraged to buy multiple copies and give some away, and most people won't buy as many if they're expensive. Pushing it as an evangelism tool was a good way to boost the sales of the book, thus getting Stro-bull significant recognition. I guess that paved the way to making people lap up his subsequent offerings at higher prices. From a marketing standpoint, I suppose it's a great ploy.

I am actually more familiar with the sequels to the Case for Christ than that book. My mom loves The Case for Faith's justifications for God killing children, allowing suffering, and sending people to hell. There's also The Case for Easter, which is just the resurrection part of the Case for Christ stretched over 200 pages. Finally, there's the Case for Christmas. Really? The nativity story is pretty balls out crazy and seemingly impossible to defend.

Once you have established a successful gravy train, there is no end to the sequels. Can "The Case for the Sermon on the Mount" and "The Case for the Zombie Apocalypse in Matthew 27" be far behind? 

The funny thing is that these clowns NEVER make "The Case for Apostolic Succession," a major bedrock of church thinking, since of course the Catholics own the copyright to that one. So they just pretend that it doesn't exist. 

The books' raison d'etre  seems to be for Christians to keep their faith despite our complaints. Strobel has "proved" how all the moral problems with the Bible aren't really moral problems and all scientific and historical problems are really because scientists and historians are conspiring against the world. Strobel (more specifically the Christian apologists he's interviewing. He can't get original material) even has the balls to say that the contradictions in the Bible actually prove the Bible is true.

On the topic of financial motivation, I think that explains the many sequels that are really retreads of the Case for Faith and the Case for Christ. I know the 30th entry in Strobel's Case for Series will come out really soon. The Case for Genesis not being bullshit. Only $30.

He just ripped off Josh McDowell's Evidence That Demands a Verdict and framed it with a new angle of the investigative journalist.