Goodbye Jesus

In Praise Of Margee

Overcame Faith

I agree.  Margee, you are a treasure on this site.

• Like 2

Aye she always seems to know just the right things to write,very wise woman.

• Like 2

So much love, Margee. I have to say, your kind posts and your ex-timony were what gave me the courage to actually join this site and start posting. As someone just newly questioning Christianity and looking for answers, I was expecting an ex-Christian site to be full of angry, hateful people (because that's how brainwashed I was) but then I saw some of your wonderful posts and I knew this was a place I was going to love. Thank you so much!

• Like 3

"I had to learn a brand new strength within myself and it was not easy. By standing up for who you are and being authentic, you must face the fact that many will abandon you and that was always my greatest fear...abandonment. Abandonment would always leave me feeling not good enough/not worthy enough. But I know I am now...at least for a certain few people in my life. These will be the friends that stick with me no  matter what because we allow each other to be open-minded and non judgmental. If the others leave...so be it. If they don't like me anymore...so be it. It hurts like hell to say this but I need to grow thicker skin and be realistic. "

This is exactly where I am right now, Margee!

I have pretty much remained hidden and not fully expressed my complete change of world view to past Christian friends but now am coming to the place where I want to be REAL and authentic with them. If they fall away, then so be it.  I feel emboldened by your post. I am not looking for a 'fight' or a chance to argue nor necessarily even justify my position but to simply be me and honest about my current world view.

I too, honour you (notice the Canadian spelling of honour? :)   Canadian apostates rock!

• Like 2