Goodbye Jesus

Spitting Feathers...!

Ellinas

During the weekday evenings, to relax after work, I usually spend an hour or so flicking over the U.K. Freeview channels, normally in the search for either a Simpsons cartoon or some science fiction.

Freeview is what it says it is - no subscription, available to all.

And it is thus that I have learned that hidden in the higher channel numbers, we have acquired in January 2015 "TBN UK".  I would gather from the couple of presenters I've seen that it's an American import, some sort of "fundie-evangelical-let's talk bollocks-oh how wholesome are our prejudices-we all look squeaky clean but seek to ensnare others in shite" outspasm of vomit.

I've only been able to look at it for about a minute and a half before having to switch channels to avoid the overwhelming urge to put my fist through the screen.

Yes, it's here.  A channel to trap the unwary, consolidate religious prejudices and enslave the masses in ignorance.

May it soon be removed from the airwaves...!

• Like 1

Ah, yes, TBN. I couldn't stand watching that even back when I was a christian. We have that here too, though where I live it's  relegated to those free, local over-the-air channels. I guess Freeview is the UK equivalent to that?

Trinity Broadcasting Network. Terrible stuff.

Guest Furball

"fundie-evangelical-let's talk bollocks-oh how wholesome are our prejudices-

I've only been able to look at it for about a minute and a half before having to switch channels to avoid the overwhelming urge to put my fist through the screen.

They do think their judgmental talk is righteous don't they?-I have had the urge myself to punch/kick/scream (at) the tv when these fiction pushers come on. Sorry to hear your tv is now infected with the tbn virus. 

It's like KKK-TV, only there is a cultural default acceptance of religion as ok and wholesome. The Bible's view of unbelievers is just as vile. They portray us as willfully rejecting what we know to be true, and call us pigs wallowing in mud, dogs returning to eat their own vomit, weeds to be ripped up and burned, slaves of depravity, under a delusion (sent by God no less), rejecting the light because our deeds are evil (ignoring scriptures that say everyone's deeds are evil, even the good deeds), trees that bear bad fruit that will be cut down and burned. That is very close to the attitude that the KKK shows towards non-whites. My own grandmother was this way with blacks (born in the late 1800s in Alabama), and thought her feelings were entirely normal. It's really odd to behold in person, much less be related to it. That same attitude that lynched blacks was used to dispose of unbelievers and other-believers for centuries.

• Like 2

Hahahahahaha! Now you Brits will get to see first-hand just how batshit crazy Pat Robertson is. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.

Guest Furball

Good luck, and may the Force be with you.

I always said when that dude prays with his face all scrunched up he looks like yoda

I hate TBN. They try to confuse gullible people into giving them money all the time.

And they like to act like the Armageddon/Rapture/Second Coming is so close that we should expect it any day now.

TBN makes tons of money. It's not likely to go away soon.

Does it still have the someone from the Bakker clan?  The Bakkers were such a joke.  Even when I was a fundie I thought the Bakkers were fake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bakker

NZ has TBN too :(

The worst part about TBN isn't watching TBN for yourself but having someone else quote something they watched on TBN to you.  That's when you know the virus has taken hold.

mwc

• Super Moderator

I hate TBN. They try to confuse gullible people into giving them money all the time.

And they like to act like the Armageddon/Rapture/Second Coming is so close that we should expect it any day now.

Makes one wonder why they would need all that money, with the end of the world upon us, doesn't it?

Makes one wonder why they would need all that money, with the end of the world upon us, doesn't it?

God always needs your money.  God made the whole universe with just his voice but God still needs your money.

Guest Furball

Someone should ask them that and see what they have to say

Guest Furball

They have been expecting it every day for the last 2,000 years. Going by the modern day calender thats over 730,000 days. Oh well, just keep believin' and send them your money. Their mansions and yachts and fancy cars and lavish lifestyle isn't going to pay for itself. You can't spell the word believe without the word lie in it.