• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Angel

• Taphophilia

• godlessgrrl

• Vigile

Top Posters In This Topic

From my understanding, the passage was indeed some sort of protectorate for the raped female. If a man rapes a woman out of wedlock, then she is trashed for life. No one else will want her, so basically, that rule was to make her legitimate in a sense. That man who raped her now has to take care of her for the rest of her life, because he ruined her life in the first place.

It is my belief, that if the law stated that if a man was found raping a woman that was not betrothed to him will be brought to the gates of the city and have his "member" removed for the dishonor he has brought upon the girl, her family and the people of the city. Rape would not have been an issue in bibical times. It puts the punishment upon the offender not the victim.

It's just another example of the Holah Babble going more than one way on a subject that you'd think a book authored by the Lard Almightah would be clear on.

I did some looking around the net and located this site:

http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

After reading the scriptures pointed out, I am absoultely stunned and appalled.

The one quote that stood out to me was this one...

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of loving god would make the VICTIM MARRY THE ATTACKER?!?!?

Please tell me that I am understanding this correctly. I know that I also ran across some reading that said that it was not rape, but fornication they were talking about???? (Christian sites)

I know what I read.... and what I got out of it was that the god in the bible is deranged and cruel! I started to believe this of him some time ago about other issues, but this really ices the cake.

Yup, that was one of the thing that alerted my logical mind too.

Luckily I saw that on the first website that I visited.

http://www.noreligion.ca/readEssay.php?eid=1

It also talks about other absurd law in the bible.

I asked about that law to a fundy friend of mine a few years ago (I think it was the one who was terrified of magic) and she said it wasn't a bad law because it made the rapist take responcibility for what he did. And because of this, he will take good care of his wife (and possible child.)

I asked about that law to a fundy friend of mine a few years ago (I think it was the one who was terrified of magic) and she said it wasn't a bad law because it made the rapist take responcibility for what he did. And because of this, he will take good care of his wife (and possible child.)

And that is another example of Xians bending over backwards to justify their holy book. After all, human nature is supposed to be utterly evil and we are supposed to be natural sinners. Now, if a rapist was forced to take the woman and child into his home, logic would tell you he'd probably abuse the woman and possibly the child, too. The Xian concept of always thinking wrong of sinners would also lead to that conclusion, but because there is a precept to do otherwise in the Holah Babble, the Xian must make it fit with his convoluted belief system.

It must be the Lard's Will to have the rapist take the woman and child into his home, despite what common sense tells us, because it's in the Babble and therefore must be right. You know the routine; wherever science, reason, or proven facts contradict the Holah Scripchahs, then the Scripchahs are right and everything else is ignored or considered the devil's work.